• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

One handed 9mm with pistol whip [Beta]

[This is in early stages so please bare with me]
I am currently working on reworking gun animations and possibly creating all new weapons

YouTube - Killing Floor - Pistol Whip / One handed 9mm Beta Test

Altough in the video the pistol whip is a weapon of its own the final intended product will have a quick pistol whip action used by the alternate fire attack, similar to throwing a grenade or quick heal, the 9mm alternate fire will do a pistol whip

currently the stats are (but not limited to):
Knife - 0.6 attack speed - 20 dmg
Pistol whip - 0.9 attack speed - 40 dmg
Machete - 1.1 attack speed - 45 dmg​

I have included the needed files to play this, please leave some possitive feed back i would love to hear what the community thinks

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PA10ZQG9
****ing sweet dude!

Upvote 0
Nice but I dont think it should do more damage than the knife lol. I mean.. Whack someone with a pistol end, sure it will hurt like hell but its definately not going to do more damage than a knife stabbed in your face instead.

No-ones gonna use the knife if the 9mm does more melee damage AND has ranged attack :p. That would be fine if you had to buy the weapon from the trader but you spawn with it.

Upvote 0
I like it, would by kind of awesome to add an animation of the 9mm being flipped for pistol whip, rather than just taking it out of view.
Nice but I dont think it should do more damage than the knife lol. I mean.. Whack someone with a pistol end, sure it will hurt like hell but its definately not going to do more damage than a knife stabbed in your face instead.

No-ones gonna use the knife if the 9mm does more melee damage AND has ranged attack :p. That would be fine if you had to buy the weapon from the trader but you spawn with it.

I agree those ^

Upvote 0
Is it possible to pop/cut off heads? I believe that if that's not possible i think the damage is good, otherwise it (like hateme said) should be lowered.

I will totally try this when i get home, looks like 100% awesomeness. :D

Edit: sorry for not paying enough attention, noticed now that you can cut heads off :3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dunno.
If it is as strong as the knife, why not just use the knife?
If it is stronger, why ever use the knife?

Also there are so many keys for stuff, there simply is no more room for a "quick melee" button.
If there will be no "quick melee" button, this will convolute the melee weapon slot beyond recognition.

It may be cool and all, but I don't see the practical use.

Upvote 0
I dunno.
If it is as strong as the knife, why not just use the knife?
If it is stronger, why ever use the knife?

I think it should either
1) Be simply a bit weaker than the knife (like do 5dmg less or something)
2) Do the same damage as the knife, or more, BUT remove the ability to do headshot damage. I believe melee weapons have headshot multiplier too? I think that should make decapping with a pistol impossible, therefor making knife more useful as a melee weapon.

I like this, awesome idea, although instead of having it cut heads clean off, maybe make them explode as if a bullet hit the head.

That would be silly. It shouldnt cut nor explode heads. Should act like a blunt weapon, damage without decap.

Its a cool idea, but its pretty useless =L

I dont think its useless. Imagine you were shooting a charging gorefast when you ran out of ammo, would you rather use the melee attack when its on your face or reload the weapon and let it slash you? Tho, the 9mm reload is pretty quick.

So my point is, it could be somehow what useful in a panic situations but when ever you have more than that half a second you might aswell reload or swich to knife instead.

Or I dunno... a melee attack with the weapon might be more useful with heavier weps like shotgun. Smash that rear end in a clots face to stun it for example.

Maybe make this ability berserker only? So only he can use melee attacks with weapons.

EDIT: Oh I just noticed there was another thread with shotgun melee attack

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it should either
1) Be simply a bit weaker than the knife (like do 5dmg less or something)
2) Do the same damage as the knife, or more, BUT remove the ability to do headshot damage. I believe melee weapons have headshot multiplier too? I think that should make decapping with a pistol impossible, therefor making knife more useful as a melee weapon.
So it's weaker than the knife?
There would be no point in using it then.
I also don't think it comes as instantly as you'd need it in panic situations, especially since all easily accessible keys are already in use.

Upvote 0