• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your Killing Floor Nightmare- Warning this may give you bad dreams =)

KBJugg3RnauT

Oct 19, 2009
I woke up from what seemed like a quick nap due to it still being dark out and also knowing i went to bed somewhat late last night, as i sat up in bed i couldn't help but feel a little uneasy with how dark it was in my room.

I started thinking about how my room is never this dark and the only assumption i could come up with at the time is that the power was out for some reason. As i stood up i immediately started feeling like something wasn't right and thought that maybe if i go into the living room and look out the window i might get some answers to why its so eerily dark in my house.

As i got to my bedroom door i seen what looked like some sort of welding tool on the floor but found myself not really questioning why it was there in the first place or why i could see that and nothing else and remembering my main mission was to look out the living room window, so i quickly dismissed it and opened my bedroom door.

I was hoping that upon opening the door i would be greeted by some type of light to help calm my fears about the darkness, but i was quickly brought back to reality when the only thing that showed its face was more darkness somehow a little bit darker then before. I remember only one thought going through my head at that point, "pitch black" over and over again like somehow saying it in my head made it easier to be able to take that first step into my hallway, that first step into "pitch black."

As i took my first step into that hallway it felt as if it was in slow motion, like my mind was telling my body it didn't want it to go, that it didn't want to take such a risk, but my legs were already in motion and i found myself moving forward, and very frightened for some unexplained reason in my very dark hallway.

After what seemed like a few minutes of walking i found myself only a few steps away from my bedroom door when i turned around to look at my progress. I quickly dismissed the confusion with the fact that i just got up, and turned around to continue down the hallway and found myself approaching the bathroom on the right side of the hallway. For some reason i felt terrified with knowing i had to go past it because i wasn't quite sure whether or not "something" could be lurking in there.

I came to a stop just before the bathroom and thought it might be a better idea to stop and listen before proceeding forward to my mission, the living room window that at first seemed would only take a matter of seconds to accomplish but it was turning into a matter of hours to simply get halfway there...

I stood there next to the bathroom door for what seemed like an eternity, and although everything was silent i felt somewhat of a presence inside waiting for me to make the mistake of walking past. I soon felt my fear turning into adrenaline though and found the courage to walk past and to my surprise nothing happened, and i started thinking how foolish i am for being so scared of the dark and made my way to the end of the hallway and took my first step confidently into the living room.

When i looked around the living room i was very happy to see that the moon was shining a little bit of light into the room through the window and at first i was glad to not have to be in the darkness anymore but my happiness soon turned to fear when i realized that our big living room window was open and that i wasn't the one to open it...

The end table in front of the window was knocked over and i immediately thought someone had tried to break in and steal from me and i found myself rushing to the other side of my living room where most of the valuables were kept to see if anything had been stolen, about halfway there i found myself frozen in my tracks by the sound of a woman letting out one of the loudest horrifying screams i have ever heard in my life. I knew right away that it came from outside and quickly rushed to the window to investigate and found myself witnessing one of the most horrifying things i have ever seen in my life.

The very first thing i seen was a woman with a kid in her arms running at full speed away from what seemed like a giant man sprinting with a chainsaw after her, followed by two incredibly fast red men with long swords on their arms and with how fast they were running i knew they would catch her, i forced myself to look away when they caught up to her only to be assaulted by that same woman's scream intensified times ten when i heard the chainsaw begin to grind through her bones and flesh.

I vowed to not look at the spot she was at for fear of what i might see and opened my eyes to look through the window again in a different direction to still see another gruesome scene, a man trapped in the middle of a circle with four foul, smelly, fat zombies all puking some sort of acid on the hopeless man turning him into a smoking, screaming, melting pile of skin and blood. The brutes began to eat and drink up the mess that was left behind. I cried out in horror and quickly realized that it may not have been the smartest option, when 2 more of the men with long vicious looking blades looked my way and seen me through the window about 20 feet away.

To my horror they started running, right at me. I quickly shut the window, locked it, just in time to hear the both of them slam against the glass. I knew with their blades i didn't stand a chance in the living room behind that window, I ran as fast as i could to the "pitch black" hallway, thinking that the fears of what was behind me heavily outweighed the darkness that i was originally afraid of. Or so i thought.

In my dead sprint about halfway down the hallway i ran into what seemed like a wall that i knew was not there before, I immediately flew back and hit the ground hard taking the wind right out of me. When i looked up to see how this "wall" got here, all i seen was the outline of about a 8 foot tall large mass that began to light up red, revealing what this big mass truly was. A giant man with some sort of metal plating over his eyes and what looked like grinders on the end of his hands, i was truly horrified by the sight but felt i couldn't move that i was just simply to entranced the the raw awesomeness of this unexplained thing i have never seen before to do anything at all other then keep looking.

The trance dissipated the second this force unleashed a loud mechanical roar similar to putting your head a couple inches away from the sound of a freight train grinding down a railroad track. I immediately did the only thing i could think of i ran in between his legs and sprinted down the last bit of the hallway into my bedroom and quickly shut the door, locked it, and stood behind it with all my weight hoping he wouldn't try to come in. Of course i was wrong again though.

I heard the footsteps getting closer and then i heard the footsteps moving faster and faster and i knew it was coming, all i could think about were his hands or "grinders" and how painful it might be to be torn apart by this giant creature. I braced for impact as best as i could, hoping that maybe he wouldn't break it down, maybe i wont die. I was jolted back at least 5 feet from the impact of him hitting the other side of the door. Surprisingly the door did not give way and i landed a inch away from the welder tool i seen earlier and realized i had to weld the door to have any chance of surviving, so i quickly secured the door, put a dresser in front of it and sat down to try and think about everything that was going on, why is this happening?

It was really hard to think hearing that mechanical roar and the constant banging on the door that would not hold forever, i found myself very scared thinking that that thing is gonna kill me, i was quickly brought out of my thoughts when i heard the window in the back of my room shatter, how did i forget about the window? When i looked up i knew i was in trouble, the same man with the chainsaw that killed the woman was there outside my window looking at me, and somehow i knew that he wasn't going to show me any mercy with the way he killed the woman and her child. He slowly walked through the window as if he knew there was no need for running, he knew that i was cornered, he knew that i was dead. I closed my eyes and waited not wanting to see my own death, but after a minute or so i wondered why i wasn't dead yet. Did he leave? I forced my eyes open only to see a glimpse of the man with the chainsaw, swinging his chainsaw directly at me. He wanted me to see my own death, and unfortunately i did.

Hope you guys like my nightmare :D and i also hope I'm not the only one with these nightmares lol i watch a lot of zombie movies and play a lot of zombie games which I'm sure all leads up to the nightmares but i enjoy them, and enjoy telling them to you guys.

Feel free to add your killing floor nightmares for our viewing pleasure ;)

* After enough people cried i edited this thread, for weaklings with sensitive eyes that cant take more then one color at a time*

Last edited:
Police Sergeant Davin -
"This is pretty much what the Sergeant has been looking for his whole adult life. He was looking for it when his wife cheated on him with (a few) of the guys in the force. He was looking for it when his daughter dropped out of college and proclaimed herself to be a bisexual vegan and cosmic traveller. And he was definitely looking for it when an internal shuffle had him slated to be taken off the beat and stuck behind a desk until he was too old to hold a pen. All hail the end of the world."

This would be a dream, not a nightmare... all hail the end of the world :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Wall of large unreadable red text.

unreadable red text gives me nightmares

Its not that bad, and even if it is, you are both aware you can copy and paste it into any text document and read it fine right?

Be nice people, its a good read, and it's getting a little old reading all of the newb bashing that goes on in this forum :)

Upvote 0
To be honest I was like no not another made up dream strorry or stuff like that.
I was wrong! You really described the dream as it really could have been. The incapability of mooving and the darkness... Those all are very common things in nightmares; at least thats how my nightmares often seem to be.

I just remember a dream where i was playing airsoft in a Forest (like I usually do in real life with a m4a1, m9 and tactical stuff) After running around for a while I was wondering where everyone whas hiding. As usual I got tired of searching and shouted:" Are you guys thinking that's funny? Were not hiding from each other, now lets start the game!"

However all I heard was the wind blowing through the forest. Besides that there only was silence. I didn't even hear the birds. While the unpleasant feeling of lonelyness and silence was giving me the creeps I realised that my teammates had disapeared too. I realised something else too: Everything suddenly turned dark although it was a sunny day. Somehow I thought it might be a good idea checking my gear but I found myself to suddenly have a hard time finding my M4 even though i was holding it in my hands. As i finaly menaged it, I wasnt surprised that the weapon got real.

Suddenly It got quite cold and I wished I had more then my ACU Uniform. I tryed to do something against he cold as I imediately felt the urgent need to turn around but the fear of finding something hostile behind me made me freeze. As I then heard something breathing right behind me, I was rapidly turning around while trying to shout at it. However I wasn't able to shout. As much as I tryed it just didn't work.

For my relief i found nothing behind me..... however something mas mooving 10feet away from me in the forest. It was too dark to really see what it was. Actually I didn't really want to know what it was as I already was on edge. Nervously I tryed to charge the charging leaver of the M4, however it was terribly hard to pull. Being busy with the rifle I forgot about the creature, as I heard the breathing again. But now much louder and it sounded undescribable evil. I looked up and saw a huge dog without fur and missing scin on some parts coming out of the dark.

I was so shocked by its apearence and how tall (as me) it was that i was incapable of mooving. It didnt moove either and stared at me with its empty black eyes. I could clearly see it's white sharp teeth. The rest of the creature was all black and riven. Suddenly it opened its mouth and closed it very quickly. A terrible voice of teeth claping on each other was resounding through the forest. It was about time to run, I thought ,turned around and was running. However it all felt slow and tiring like. Anxiously I was listening if the dog or whatever it was was following me. The silence and the wind rushing past my ears was all I heard. As I noticed that I havent goten very far I desperately turned around to face the creature. However it was still standing where it was and I just ran about 5 feet.

Nothing but silence covert the forest and that thing still was staring at me. All the silence and darkness made me want to shout again but with all my efforts I just could whisper help. As those words left my mouth the monster started to run towards me, staring at me like it was before. It did not make any noise but an abhorrant hackling. And I was incapable of mooving. I tryed to load my weapon again. And I really made it. Quickly I aimed at the dog and pulled the trigger. It was like pulling took forever and it was very very hard. I just didnt menage it.

Suddenly the creature was standing in front of me. Slowly it mooved its head towards my throat trying to bite me. I just couldn't do anything and was about to let it bite me without defending myself. Something about that situation didn't feel right and I suddenly I knew I was dreaming but I didn't wake up. Actually I was capable of mooving and thinking clear again. However the monster was still there trying to kill me. As I pushed my rifle against its throat it already bit me into my throat. This was increadibly painfull. As much as I wished to wake up, I didn't wake up. I made a last defence atempt and stabbed the barrel of the m4 into its throat. It still was bitng me harder and harder. So I made an attempt to pull the "hard" trigger. It felt soft and now was working. The loud sound of gunfire killed all the silence and I felt a blast of air coming out of its mout, which actually came from the barrel stuck in the creatures throat. As its powerful jaw opened I didn't notice any injuries. The beasty creature fell to the ground, looking at me like this could not happen, like I should not know im dreaming. Full of rage I screamed at it and shot at the dying crature..... In the same moment I woke up. With my eyes wide open, a puls of about 180 and I still heard the Gun sound of the M4.
It was very hard to really get awaik and not always thinking of that dream, that day. Since this dream I often can do whatever I want in my dreams but I never had such an intense dream again. And that's good that way lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the story of a day where there was all this blood. A man was walking around and blood started coming out of him everywhere. There was so much blood that it filled up an elevator. He went to the store and there was blood all over the place! People were slipping in it and were all grossed out. He tried to go swimming and all of the sharks went nuts and bittened everybody. He got chased by all the vampires ever. One time the blood got a kid and dog. At the end of the day everyone decided they would send him to space so that he would stop getting blood everywhere. The scariest part is that the man was YOU!!! (or he was a lady if you are a lady) AND YOU FORGOT THAT THIS HAPPENED!

Upvote 0
Lol

Lol

If alternating colors, or larger text is the nightmare here then i win either way. I'm also guessing these are the people that see over 2 paragraphs and immediately go into nerd raging mode because there little minds cant keep up with a simple read that was simply meant for fun.

SO if you wanna nerd rage about whatever possible flaw you can find that's fine, but for my convenience just put nerd rage as the title so i will know you like to cry and can just move on to the next comment.

Thank you to the people actually enjoying this thread..

Upvote 0
Bold black and white

Bold black and white

For the simple reason that if i wrote in all white you guys would most likely cry about it not being all black.

People scan threads to nerd rage, I'm not dumb. If people couldn't complain about the colors of it they would just find something else to complain about, like typos or the fact i didn't call a fleshpound, a fleshpound.

If the color of text ruins your day you may possibly need to evaluate your issues in life.

The "nightmare" talked about darkness and light, the black and white text is simply referring to the "pitch black" that was my biggest fear, and the white light that i thought would help me but only showed me more darkness.

This will be black and white forever, "or only today" so get used to it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the simple reason that if i wrote in all white you guys would most likely cry about it not being all black.

People scan threads to nerd rage, I'm not dumb. If people couldn't complain about the colors of it they would just find something else to complain about, like typos or the fact i didn't call a fleshpound, a fleshpound.

If the color of text ruins your day you may possibly need to evaluate your issues in life.

The "nightmare" talked about darkness and light, the black and white text is simply referring to the "pitch black" that was my biggest fear, and the white light that i thought would help me but only showed me more darkness.

This will be black and white forever so get used to it...

Well if it is the case, i'm sorry but you've lost a reader... IGNORE LIST!!!!

Upvote 0
This is the story of a day where there was all this blood. A man was walking around and blood started coming out of him everywhere. There was so much blood that it filled up an elevator. He went to the store and there was blood all over the place! People were slipping in it and were all grossed out. He tried to go swimming and all of the sharks went nuts and bittened everybody. He got chased by all the vampires ever. One time the blood got a kid and dog. At the end of the day everyone decided they would send him to space so that he would stop getting blood everywhere. The scariest part is that the man was YOU!!! (or he was a lady if you are a lady) AND YOU FORGOT THAT THIS HAPPENED!

I sense Creepypasta at its worst.

Great story, but the formatting does need work, try using colors that are easy on the eyes.

Upvote 0