• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insane Discounts

9_6

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
A level 6 perk gets a 75% discount (medic and demo pipes excluded, those are even higher) on their shooter.
Now that's a bit over the top if you think about it, don't you think so?
I don't know about you but when the demo came out and I was level 0, I had a bloody hard time getting enough cash together to buy a normal grenade launcher, let alone the m32. And that was on normal.

So here's my proposal, all perks, no matter if level 0 or level 6 have a fixed discount of, say, 30% (or 40%, anything lower than 75%) on their weapon type.
That way, level 0s have less of a hard time getting their gun and level 6s can't buy their tier 3 weapon at wave 2 anymore.

It would also make the much needed pricing balance a bit easier.

Last edited:
The price is a part of the challlenge and thats what makes the game boring when you are lvl or 6. =/
Exactly. That's why people have been doing thing like the LAR challenge. You generally spawn with decent weapons and the hard hitters are a wave or two away at best.

It might be best to get rid of both spawn weapons and discounts entirely and balance prices accordingly. I mean would a gun really be cheaper if you are more proficient with it?

Upvote 0
It might be best to get rid of both spawn weapons and discounts entirely and balance prices accordingly. I mean would a gun really be cheaper if you are more proficient with it?
Well a commando could go all like "I'm a goddamn commando, I need a bullpup and I need it cheaper" to the trader and compliment her collection of truly big guns and how he likes some big guns too until he gets it cheaper.

That a higher level means a higher discount however makes even less "sense".
Well, not like any of this makes any sense to begin with, you know, just like magazines magically growing larger the better you become at shooting a gun.

Upvote 0
Exactly. That's why people have been doing thing like the LAR challenge. You generally spawn with decent weapons and the hard hitters are a wave or two away at best.

In sense yes, in the military wen you are more proficient or higher ranking are you not equipped better? (Not in the military, this be serious question.)

And medics need that discount, if a medic only HEALS, he won't get enough money for a weapon until wave 3 or 2, which is cool i guess, but the medics mp7m isn't the best and the discount doesn't hurt.

Upvote 0
And medics need that discount, if a medic only HEALS, he won't get enough money for a weapon until wave 3 or 2, which is cool i guess, but the medics mp7m isn't the best and the discount doesn't hurt.
The mp7 needs a serious price adjustment anyway.
Makes no sense to make it that overpriced if the only one who can use it properly is the medic anyway.

Upvote 0
Then again, it's a reasonable price for medics (imo) who have no specific offensive bonuses (other than the speed bonus, I think..). Considering they have a big armour bonus and speed bonus as their weapon as well, Im just gonna give a guess and say thats why it does low dmg :S

That and the level requirements pretty much say to me that it's a team-reliant perk with capable solo ability. Thats IMO, ofc..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uh what are you trying to say? Make the mp7 more expensive?
Dude, the 9mm is a better weapon than it.

well, a skilled person can use the mp7m too an advantage i how ever lack it xD, if you've noticed the mp7m has a high stun rate :O I don't know if all weapons have that feature, i know all the commandos weapon do i think... and the LAR...

Upvote 0
well, a skilled person can use the mp7m too an advantage i how ever lack it xD, if you've noticed the mp7m has a high stun rate :O I don't know if all weapons have that feature, i know all the commandos weapon do i think... and the LAR...
I dunno if I qualify as "skilled" but I have over 300 hours on kf and have all perks on level 6 and I say the mp7 sucks as a weapon.
Sure, you CAN kill stuff with it but if you start to make the mistake of regarding it as your main weapon, you'll end up just like the berserker who thinks, no matter the enemy, all he is "allowed" to use is melee weapons: dead.

Also there is no such thing as a "stun rate"?
It is entirely based on damage.

Anyway, this is not entirely about the mp7 so back to topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dunno if I qualify as "skilled" but I have over 300 hours on kf and have all perks on level 6 and I say the mp7 sucks as a weapon.
Sure, you CAN kill stuff with it but if you start to make the mistake of regarding it as your main weapon, you'll end up just like the berserker who thinks, no matter the enemy, all he is "allowed" to use is melee weapons: dead.

Also there is no such thing as a "stun rate"?
It is entirely based on damage.

Anyway, this is not entirely about the mp7 so back to topic.

ehh? Stun rate might not exist but weapons do stun.. 300 hours of KF you should know this :eek:

Berserkers can stun scrakes for example... an LAR body shot stuns a gorefast...

Upvote 0