• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pay for dlc?

Pay for dlc?

• I would pay for DLC in a heartbeat!

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Depending on the price and the content provided I dont mind paying for dlc.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I would never pay for dlc!

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters
I think this community...or atleast most of the stuck up greedy people in this thread need to realize that our world is not "A PERFECT WORLD". In our world "You get what you pay for" and "Nobody gives anything for free". I understand that, TWI makes video games for MONEY. Even if the people who do purchase the DLC get an overpowered perk.....THATS THE WAY THIS WORLD IS. You get more when you pay more. I dont think TWI will take much interest in updating KF if there is nothing for them to gain. They would NEVER come out and say that(who would) but you have to understand thats what a company is for.

It really makes me see how greedy, unreasonable, narrow-minded, stubborn, unrealistic, and childish some people in this forum have been..

Upvote 0
I think this community...or atleast most of the stuck up greedy people in this thread need to realize that our world is not "A PERFECT WORLD". In our world "You get what you pay for" and "Nobody gives anything for free". I understand that, TWI makes video games for MONEY. Even if the people who do purchase the DLC get an overpowered perk.....THATS THE WAY THIS WORLD IS. You get more when you pay more. I dont think TWI will take much interest in updating KF if there is nothing for them to gain. They would NEVER come out and say that(who would) but you have to understand thats what a company is for.

It really makes me see how greedy, unreasonable, narrow-minded, stubborn, unrealistic, and childish some people in this forum have been..

Only retarded companies aiming at child consumers ever release content for specific functions.... like an Gun or Perk.....

COD pwnt little childrens by making maps and making players buy them <3

KF releases maps, content, and gave perks, completely free, BUT they made us buy skins. ... mmm KF seems to have a better system.

And your theory of making players spend a lot of money they'll keep releasing ****. That's bogus. Companies don't stop making models and skins or maps because they run out of funds, they lose interest or they can't afford too run the game anymore. **** look at L4D and Bungie, They made games then quit them for a year then added a new one AND IF NOT ADDED 4 NEW MAPS ZOMG, and they aren't small teams :p. I think its like 20 dudes on the TW team? who has to do all of this work + work on their other game + make ideas for a WW2 game and a Zombie Game.... That makes people go insane O_O

(also you get an SDK from KF <3)

P.S. The maps you buy in L4D and COD is actual abuse upon players forcing players to buy the content specifically because other players will instantly buy it, then another, and another. Even if they do not like the content they are going to have to buy it just to stay balanced with other players (on release dates 7/10 servers in a week usually have the new maps 24/7.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I don't get it, what happens if you pay for DLC in KF? OH WOW! THE DAMN CASH SHOP KID IS SAVING MY LIFE LIKE CRAZY, JESUS WTF MAN? LOOK HOW MANY TIMES HE SAVED ME! WTF? DUDE...DID HE JUST HEAL ME? WOW OP.

winning is cool and but have you seen the M14? it makes this game boring on anything but suicidal and even then it can get boring when you have M14 spam going on.

Upvote 0

That's really adorable but take a deep breath and calm down now.
And stop typing like a retard. All caps doesn't give your words more weight, more like the opposite.
Makes you look like a stomping, flailing kid.

Also I think TWI made their stance towards what kinds of DLC are to be paid for pretty clear, a position I agree with, and it's not like this discussion will change anything about it.

Also because people are against paid DLC that only means they are greedy and becasue they don't agree with you that means they are narrow minded and unreasonable.
Classy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KF is getting so stale due to lack of content that not even KF is playing KF. KF is playing Borderlands. I'm about ready to pay now.

Rofl.
RELEASE OF CONTENT THAT IS WHY YOU PLAY GAMES? FOR MORE? What's that thing WoW addicts have? Quest Syndrome or something?

Anyways, pertaining too your comment if you were a true KF'er you would notice the game is not going stale because of lack of content but lack of tweaks and fixes and allowing players who have virtually no skill to participate in suicidal games without problems :D (thats bad by the way...)

Upvote 0
@Nelorzoul
You act like there are two options:
Paid for DLC weapons and perks
and
no content

TWI likely is making money off the in-game advertising.

Every time stuff is added I guarantee you there are people buying the game.

They are doing great at building a customer base that will buy future games from them because they seem very trustworthy.

You can have free good perks and maps and people will still purchase the five dollar character pack. Heck I have three friends that got KF purchased for them because one of my friend was being generous around christmas.

Upvote 0
Rofl.
RELEASE OF CONTENT THAT IS WHY YOU PLAY GAMES? FOR MORE? What's that thing WoW addicts have? Quest Syndrome or something?

Anyways, pertaining too your comment if you were a true KF'er you would notice the game is not going stale because of lack of content but lack of tweaks and fixes and allowing players who have virtually no skill to participate in suicidal games without problems :D (thats bad by the way...)

And the trolls come out :)....ok anyway I noticed the votes allllll seem to lean towards getting paid dlc :)....The only people that post are the people against it...and thats the way its going to be. Well I gave my thoughts and ideas, I will contact a certain someone and talk to him personally. Have a good one.

Upvote 0
@Nelorzoul
You act like there are two options:
Paid for DLC weapons and perks
and
no content

TWI likely is making money off the in-game advertising.

Every time stuff is added I guarantee you there are people buying the game.

They are doing great at building a customer base that will buy future games from them because they seem very trustworthy.

You can have free good perks and maps and people will still purchase the five dollar character pack. Heck I have three friends that got KF purchased for them because one of my friend was being generous around christmas.

Same with that last part for a friend purchasing the game for a few of us. I see that point, yeah definitely, but I would still be willing to pay for some big updates - maybe an expansion or something, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind an xpack. Anyway I'm done with the thread now, it seems like the flamers have set in. Thanks to those who assisted with keeping it efficient for around 4 pages.

Upvote 0
And the trolls come out :)....ok anyway I noticed the votes allllll seem to lean towards getting paid dlc :)....The only people that post are the people against it...and thats the way its going to be. Well I gave my thoughts and ideas, I will contact a certain someone and talk to him personally. Have a good one.

Actually no, and im not against DLC apparently you can not even read what im trying to argue about or i don't even know what im typing.

I don't care if they release DLC as long as it is not game altering DLC

And your little results pointed out 50% of players wanted DLC that did not alter game play 40% doesn't give a **** and wants to waste money or contribute no matter what, and 10% of them are being dumb asses :p

(By the way im no troll....)

"A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I don't get it, what happens if you pay for DLC in KF? OH WOW! THE DAMN CASH SHOP KID IS SAVING MY LIFE LIKE CRAZY, JESUS WTF MAN? LOOK HOW MANY TIMES HE SAVED ME! WTF? DUDE...DID HE JUST HEAL ME? WOW OP.

here is the problem: others see this player saving the team, and they look for the perk, find out they have to buy it, then get all pissed. thats not what we want.

Upvote 0
.............UMMM THATS NOT WHAT THE 2ND SELECTION MEANS...HAHAHAHA 50% dont want game altering dlc...lol. gg and goodbye

"Depending on the price and the content provided I dont mind paying for dlc."

And turn off your caps... a bit and that's exactly what people are probably seeing when they see that choice, or at least thats my interpretation and if my little "don't want game altering" doesn't fit in that spot then you need more choices.

Also I'm going to have to end this rant as well.. don't want a mod to give me an infraction and never remove it (even if the "problem" was me showing uselessness) :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

If you make him out like that, then he is superman, and I don't want him in my game... I don't mind getting saved, or healed, normal players do that all the time. You two are carrying this thread on like we want TW to die from lack of funds, when we are encouraging paid DLC that is fair for all players.

TW gets a decent amount of money from ads, their shirts and hats, and their other games. This is to be expected, they need to make money themselves, they got to eat, they got to have a place of their own, if they need to release a paid DLC that will not ruin game play for half the community, then I am for it.

Don't assume that because we don't follow your view on what should be released as paid DLC, that we are against your thought of helping TW get more money. I will not be insulted for following someones views, but not agreeing entirely with their ideas.

Upvote 0

It seems that you've played too much F2P . These kind of games is made to make a lots of money undepending about balanced things ... "Wow, scroll of dumbthing : add +20 stat when you hold it , 5$ ... worth it !".
The only winners in that kind of games is the guys / kids who will pay 20 $ to have extra stat, better level , pwneapons who pwns each other , etc ...

That's unfair, the one who will bought this will feel overpowered and the others one ... Bah, they'll get pwned/frustrated, no matter how many time they spend in the game . So, at the end, only paid players will stay cuz only them got some funs . Then the one who paid would go away too cause they will be against others guys who bought stuff and they will get bored of that . Why ? Because they will not feel as superiors as the others one who didn't buy things .

"Pay more , get more" > This option is available about kf's copy . Pay more kf games and give them to your friends and , then , get a lots of fun from that > That's the way to go .

Edit : Ive voted for the second option, as it does not disturb the balance between "ivepaid" "ivenotpaid" players

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know

I don't know

I dont know if I would pay for it because last time I bought it, when I went to the charactr selection option i clicked on one of the DLC characters and a screen popped up telling my to buy the downloadable content pack. But anyway the DLC stay locked and i lost my money. But I would still buy it anyway because they need to eat and do every day things like us.

I think steam need a Weapons DLC pack, now that would be awsome!
If you dont have the downloadable content pack, you cant pick up the weapon.

Quote: I though it was smart, Gave it a try, Comfirmed it was smart, I kep doing it.
or
Quote: I though it was stupid, Gave it a try, Comfirmed it was stupid, Never did it again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0