• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fav/Least Fav White Listed Maps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While we're talking about stock maps...I HATE Bedlam. Tons of gank spawn points, a maze-like building, and excessive darkness makes it a nightmare.

Seriously, with only 2 weapons in the game having flashlights, that map is WAAAAY too dark!

Bedlam is my least favorite stock map by far. For the exact same reasons you mentioned. I don't even want to think about trying to beat that on Suicidal.

Upvote 0
Favorite Stocks:
Biotics labs
Bedlam
Manor

Favorite Customs:
Gladiator (for 6+players and pre update :()
Defenseb2 (for 6+players and pre update :()
KF-Leveling (jokes)

Least Favorite:
Waterworks
Farm

I don't really play custom maps these days. I agree about bedlam being a challenging map but it is very beatable on suicidal, and is actually a lot of fun. Use the balcony or the long hallway on the first floor and stay out of certain areas of the map at all costs. The hardest part is not getting lost between trader times. Had to play the sh** out of it before I got the achievement.

Upvote 0
bedlam is an awesome map for finding the weakest link on the team. If just one person fails to do their part NOMNOMNOMNOM team wipe. there is no map kiting.:eek:
lol i sat back and watched a single sharpshooter solo a 6 man hard wave 7 once xD ...it made me cry...(note before people start screaming op, he wasn't using only a m14). It's no harder than doing it on say waterworks. It comes down to knowing the map very well. Just take a day out of your life, sit down on a map and play through each mutator once on it, on hard, and keep moving...don't camp. By the end of the day, you'll know the map like the back of your hand.

Upvote 0
Forcing your view on a map based on other peoples choices is futile. Let people say what their best and worst maps are end of. Everyone has that right so it would help if people don't pollute this thread with their way of the world. Personally I love seeing other peoples' very different views on KF...it makes life interesting at the least whether I agree with them or not.

Upvote 0
Forcing your view on a map based on other peoples choices is futile. Let people say what their best and worst maps are end of. Everyone has that right so it would help if people don't pollute this thread with their way of the world. Personally I love seeing other peoples' very different views on KF...it makes life interesting at the least whether I agree with them or not.

I'm mostly curious what hidden gems there are.

Upvote 0
Good thing OP is asking the question because no offense OP but the list you made shows that you have only played some crappy maps and not seen the real quality ones.

Nanostrike, I think you need to see a lot more maps too. On an unrelated note, personally I don't have a darkness problem on Bedlam, I can use any weapon on default grammar settings in any part of the map (maybe some lighting effect is enabled on my PC but not yours?)

Best custom maps that I've played in no particular order (and, I too will be looking at other people's favs as I've surely missed out on some gems)
-Dreamhouse (plugging my own map but its only just been released and not seen by many yet. And hell, its my fav map so plug it I shall)
-Just about everything by JustFilth (TheDarkestRoads, BiohazardXTX, HospitalHorrors, FilthsCrossV5)
-HarbourV3
-CornerMarketV3

Worst maps (there are worse maps than these but I mention these because they are ridiculously overplayed for the amount of effort gone into them):
Doom2Final (including current Fix and any future fixes, sorry just don't like the map)
DefenceBeta2 (had 2 weeks of fame while Doom2Final was off whitelist)
HeresyBeta3 (just what the hell is with this one anyway)
Arcade-ShoppingMall (more effort in this one but the long hallways don't make for an exciting experience)
Menu (only j/k but for some reason it made its way on to some public server map rotations lol)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While we're talking about stock maps...I HATE Bedlam. Tons of gank spawn points, a maze-like building, and excessive darkness makes it a nightmare.

Seriously, with only 2 weapons in the game having flashlights, that map is WAAAAY too dark!

Ive tuned my brightness up a bit so Bedlam isnt that dark for me :)
Alright it might ruin the mood a bit but like you said only 2 weapons have a flashlight so uhm... yea. If they add more weapons with flashlights then I might consider turning down my brightness back to normal.

Bedlam is easiest with Berserker because you cant be grapped and you can attack while moving quickly. Many times I had to "save the day" being the last one alive as berserker, running around works nicely.

If just one person fails to do their part NOMNOMNOMNOM team wipe.

LOOL agreed.

Upvote 0
My vision is made by playing a lots of hours with a friend or / and with some public players (and everyone know how much they can suck / can be greats).

Fav :

Westlondon (Just love that map, same for the 2005 version)
Manor
Foundry
Hospitalhorrors (It comes from nowhere, you're harassed, nothing's safe!)
MountainPass (This map is living !)
Crash ( but easy =/ )

One that i dont like to play :

Filthcross (I like the visual but hate playing on it =/)
Icebreaker ( laggy, sounds problem )
Starship
Bioticslabs
Map who uses the PainKiller's soundtrack
... And lots of map based in a sewer / bunker with very small corridor .

These kind of map remind me the closet's defence in L4D and Santa Claus (Let's say Clausdamnit instead of goddamnit 8D) know how i hate these minimalist defences with very small entrance. Seeing what's coming for you is much better than seeing specs coming one by one from the room next to you . (I don't say that i love long corridor as ArcadeShopping, it's boring =/ ). I find that these "one by one coming" maps remove the "Swarm" side of the game > "Oh **** , how much are they !? RUN for it !".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My old favorite map was Boink, but then it was removed from the whitelist for obvious exploits. I wish KF had more abstract maps, like what Nipper made for the Source and Goldsrc engine.. Blahhh was a masterpiece!

But my favorite whitelisted map would probably be Bedlam apart from the KF2005 maps. I luv the lack of light and that Dark Drum and Bass musics.

Upvote 0
I simply think all maps are great :), since Killing Floor is great !
I have not hit many of the maps people have already talked about, so I cant compare all.

But my favorites

Official:
-Biotechs labs (lighting is perfect)
-West London

Custom
-Carnival:I love this map and wish it were in rotation more. Perfect blend of zanyiness, darkness, atmosphere and open areas.
-Gas Station: Just because it is always a matter of time before I get wrapped up in the action and get run over by the damn car !

But again, I just like all the custom maps as each brings something to the table. I may play one once and be done with it, but the fact that people are making maps gives KF so much more depth and potential longevity. Overall, I tend to prefer outlandish maps….but I know the whitelisting police don’t, so……

Last edited:
Reactions: beerhead
Upvote 0
My favorite has to be Biotics Lab and Farm. Biotics has lots of long hallways that are easy enough to defend, while Farm's open layout makes pretty much any point defendable, though some are better than others.

Worst would have to be Bedlam. It's not so much that the map is bad, it's that it's very true to it's name. It's so freakin huge and seemingly random that if you get separated from your squad you're dead. Might be more fun if you're with people you know and you're comfortable with the map, but for random servers it's too crazy.

Upvote 0
Fav map: Bioticslab \o/ It's been my favourite in all the mods and ofc in the retail.

Liked maps:
Office, I just miss the elevator :(
Wyre, I used to dislike it quite a lot the first times I played it, but now I realise that it's a masterpiece :)
Filthscross, It's really beautiful and very intense
Strangev12, short but plenty of fun (couldn't find the map on the forum, but I know that vortex made it, ask him^^)
Oldetower, Fantastic map, unfortunately Pix disappeared before ending it for the retail, but the first 9 waves are superb.
Hive, And I can't stop my list before naming Hive even though it had it's best days in the mod, I counted my plays and ~500 times, I loved the jump and every spawn, I love that there were no mindless zed-throwing.

Less liked maps:
Defence, I like the concept and the map itself (no I don't think it's unfair in anyway, since I haven't seen anyone use any exploit or similar) but it's been played too many times, and many more.
Waterworks, I can't put my finger on it but there's something that makes me dislike it a lot, maybe I'll come to like it in a month or so.
Penumbra, Same goes for penumbra, But I know the source to my dislike, in the mod I played on a kinda bad laptop, and I always had like 10 fps in that map.
Farm, This map is way to open, the few times I play it I fight from inside of some house due to the fact that I don't like the openness of the map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0