• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

offline play and .45 magnum

S3R4PH!M

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2010
i have two ideas..

1 i think it would be useful if the player stats were saved on the local computer so you can play offline with your stats, too and the files would be synchronized with steam the next time there is an internet connection

2 i thought of a new handgun. the .45 magnum. i think it would be nice to have deagles and when they're empty you have the magnums. i like that weapon
if you agree write ammo capacity, weight and strength like you would like it

it can be made really safe. and for those who just want to be high leveled it could be nice but it wouldn't bother me really

Everyone want to be lvl6. Thats why almost everyone is playing on servers with perks progression. Now if stats are stored on your computer and someone decide to make a tutorial on how to hack them....

Anyway, this whole thing wont work because perk progression works with the whitelist. No internet connection ----> no whitelist

Upvote 0
I think people should re-read the suggestion again before touting how easily hackable etc. it would be.
Never said it was easy, i said it would be easier because it would be stored on your computer and not on Steam servers. It must be hard to hack something you dont have access to. I have no clue on how to hack anything, but hacking Steam is probably one of the toughest thing to do.

Upvote 0
I think people should re-read the suggestion again before touting how easily hackable etc. it would be.
If you are suggesting that they would be secure in any way, then you would be wrong. A simple hex editor would do the trick, at the very least. We have already had issue of people injecting data into the connection to Steam to make Steam think that they had done things that had not actually happened.

Basically that suggestion would be just as vulnerable as Diablo.

Upvote 0
If you are suggesting that they would be secure in any way, then you would be wrong. A simple hex editor would do the trick, at the very least. We have already had issue of people injecting data into the connection to Steam to make Steam think that they had done things that had not actually happened.

Basically that suggestion would be just as vulnerable as Diablo.

hacking the stats is very easy, even though it's stored online atm so I don't see the point

Upvote 0
I'd very much like to see stats stored offline, but to prevent hacking you would not be allowed to make any progress offline. Sometimes I find myself without an internet connection, I'd really like to be able to play with my perks, I don't care if I level them up offline or not.

I cannot understand people who use exploits or hack to attain higher levels in KF at all. The challenge and process of levelling up are part of the fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0