• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mount & Blade

Yeah, best to look it up in a store and see for myself. The issue was raised on the game's Amazon page and the official forums, this is where I took note.

The original Mount&Blade retail version came with a few nice goodies, a comparably big manual and a concept-art motif in poster-size. Quite exceptional for a small publisher and a "small" game, I had hoped to be given the opportunity to support such efforts with Warband, too. Hopefully those rumours about such unacceptable terms aren't true. If they are, I'll have to check out those digital distributors sooner or later, thanks for the heads-up :)

Upvote 0
Just conquered a third of the world map as vieger, then this happened in 4 days;

*Kingdom of Swadia has declared war on the Kingdom of Veigars*

*Sarranid Sultanate has declared war on the Kingdom of Veigars*

*Kingdom of Rodoks has declared war on the Kingdom of Veigars*

Then attempted to defend Dirhim with 120 huscarls and Vgaurd. 1200 swadians showed up. Managed to kill about 800 enemies before going down to a wave of knights.

I thought things would get easy after I knocked nords off the map, apparently not.

Upvote 0
Original was great. But struggling to even think about paying $30 , basically to get multiplayer. Tried out Demo and its basically the same as original. Anyone here just crazy about multiplayer?

Well I already said but if it counts, me. I think I'm probably one of the harshest game critics and I've been playing since launch and love it just as much if not more. It essentially is the same game for 30 bucks with mp and somewhat minor graphics enhancements but considering how much you paid for the original (I paid $12 for an early stage to retail deal) its still not that steep of a price.

Upvote 0
Well the MP is pretty basic, you have Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and the Battle mode where you only have one life per round, Invasion is similar but you have to assault a castle. You can choose your troop (cavalry, infantry, archer/crossbow) and for kills you get money with which you can buy better weapons and armor. Basically you only need one kill and you can buy all the good stuff.

It is not the most elaborate MP in the world but it is good fun. I prefer the Battle mode because people play more careful here. After a week of playing it I finally manage to get some kills with the crossbow. The large 100 player servers are awesome but they tend to crash and you shouldn't get killed too early or you have to sit out the rest of the round. Considering that there is no other medieval action game out there (if you are interested in it) and the small but dedicated community it is worth to keep your eyes open for it (when it is on discount).

SP is a bit tedious in my eyes will play that when I have more time and patience.

Upvote 0
Those settings are adjustable for server operators. There was a TDM server during the beta that played out exactly like Lt_Kettch described... everyone running around in top-level gear isn't really exciting after the initial excitement.
Servers with 100 players sound great! Since this is already exceeding the official specifications, how high do these numbers go without major instabilities?

Finally saw the game in stores the other day, and sadly I can confirm that Paradox dropped the ball with this one. The information that you'll contract Steam upon installing the game is on the back in tiny letters, borderline deceptive. Upon reading threads like this one, I'd try to hide this important piece of information, too ;)

Upvote 0
Well I already said but if it counts, me. I think I'm probably one of the harshest game critics and I've been playing since launch and love it just as much if not more. It essentially is the same game for 30 bucks with mp and somewhat minor graphics enhancements but considering how much you paid for the original (I paid $12 for an early stage to retail deal) its still not that steep of a price.

Good point. I think I only paid $5 for original. They deserve the $30.
Does multiplayer break into 2 camps, the immature and the guys that are going to hand your your A** in seconds flat?

Upvote 0
I think its a good mix. Its a lot like RO in terms of break down of skill. You will have one or two guys that are really good and have a good k/d ratio and then everyone one falls in line after that. I just started consistently getting a 1:1 and some times better ratio and that took about 10 hours. Once my buddies lose interest in BC2 I have to get them to buy this game and am sure it will get a lot of play.

Upvote 0
Does multiplayer break into 2 camps, the immature and the guys that are going to hand your your A** in seconds flat?

What Ender said.

Generally the gametype makes a difference too. For instance Deathmatch and TDM usually are easier because the more unskilled players head there or its average players who aren't as careful. Battle and Siege are a good mix of players but the difficulty ramps up pretty big with a few beast men usually ruling the battlefield. Then if you really want a huge challenge go to a Deathmatch Duel server. It's all 1v1 battles with about half of the players highly skilled. I consider myself doing well if I have a 1:1 KD ratio on those.

It's got the biggest learning curve of a game I've played in a long long time. I can pretty much jump to the top of the scoreboard in any fps game but in M&B I get my *** regularly handed to me even after having played the original and now weeks of Warband.

Upvote 0
Just conquered a third of the world map as vieger, then this happened in 4 days;

*Kingdom of Swadia has declared war on the Kingdom of Veigars*

*Sarranid Sultanate has declared war on the Kingdom of Veigars*

*Kingdom of Rodoks has declared war on the Kingdom of Veigars*

Then attempted to defend Dirhim with 120 huscarls and Vgaurd. 1200 swadians showed up. Managed to kill about 800 enemies before going down to a wave of knights.

I thought things would get easy after I knocked nords off the map, apparently not.

Man I wish I had a computer that could handle 1200 swadians.

Upvote 0