• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Idea for an enemy

Tigrexel

Feb 21, 2010
I'd like to start by saying that I came up with this while brainstorming with holy colt on steam about cool additions to Killing Floor and other than a ghille suit DLC character and the final blissful inclusion of sniper rifles, I thought of what would make a cool addition to the gore-rendering family of survivor killers already available.

It's name is still in consideration but my favorite so far is "The Dasher"

It's a muscular male frame with some wayward wires and and plates. But more specifically a metal head with a light for an eye with wires going all through everywhere. Pretty much the dasher has two nasty blades on each hand and will slice anything in it's way.

Now it's attacks

1. It will charge at the direction of the most survivors and will slash blindly about letting an electric growl of violence out in it's frustration.

2. It will roar after a couple of charges, the roar will do damage much like a sirens scream and will sound very artificial and electric.

3. It will have a jumping slash attack that will be used to break up clumps of survivors.

4. It will let out a bright flash and will cut out audio just long enough for it to leave the area of fighting, this will encourage the survivors to kill wayward enemies to avoid getting hit while blinded.

Now for the out of battle behaviour

1. It runs away and will rest until it recovers half of the health it has lost in the last battle.

2. It is always regenerating health, but it is very slow at doing so and can easily be interrupted. This changes the game mechanics from a defender role to a hunter role for the group.

3. The boss will have a lot of health but when a good team fight him, he will not find the time to heal and can be easily toppled after an aggressive and active fight.

This was put up by request of Holy Colt.

I would love for tripwire to use these ideas but it is fine if you choose not to, I just had this in mind as a particularly fun fight.

Comments, concerns? Leave them all as comments and I'll get to them ASAP.

Cheers and happy hunting,

Tigrexel

We do not need a Gorefast boss.

Replace the Patriarch with a Gorefast with the same health and damage, and that Gorefast will be even harder then the Patriarch.

Adding "omg cool he makes electric noises and blinds people and stoof"?

Flashy lights does not a specimen boss make.

Upvote 0
No.

No.

I'm sorry but you missed the point entirely.

"Replace the Patriarch with a Gorefast with the same health and damage, and that Gorefast will be even harder then the Patriarch."

It doesn't exactly like a gorefast like you seem to believe. Gorefast charges violently until it dies. The dasher charges into his target and flails violently about this area. I'm not going for a "run like hell at the enemy and hope they die" boss. I'm going for a predator like boss that will hunt when it's healthy and retreat when it is hurt.

"Adding 'omg cool he makes electric noises and blinds people and stoof'?"

This is simply offensive, please have some courtesy and forethought before blatantly objecting so passionately. The dasher needs to get away to heal WITHOUT cloaking. A blinding flash would not only allow a speedy escape but will also leave the survivors vulnerable for attack from nearby weaker specimens.

"Flashy lights does not a specimen boss make."

I believe you missed the point. It's not a giant lightbulb monster, it's a predator like creature that hunts down survivors and makes tactical moves outside of it's blind violence when attacking.

I hope to clear some things. But honestly, they are my own idea of what would fit into the game so think before shooting down something that may not make sense.

Simply put, don't shoot anything down until the sky's clear.

Cheers and happy hunting,

Tigrexel

Upvote 0
To add on...

To add on...

As for health, It would of course vary from difficulty. But it would have slightly more health then patriarch due to it's slow constant healing.

Also as for difficulty. The thing is, I want a fight where you have to dodge close encounters that require a good sense of timing. Not the gun fight with a bunch of hopefull jumping that I find the partiarch to be.

Please keep asking questions and adding comments!

Upvote 0
Well I just want the dasher to be able to leave to heal. It allows for a break in combat and for the survivors to switch locations and take note of supplies. Like how the patriarch vanishes. As for flinching, I want it to be more aggresive when it's about to die. It will roar when its closer to dying as well, to signify damage being done.

I want it to be fire resistant as well.

Upvote 0