• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

Tried the newest version. I'm yet to see the difference as I played solo only. That said, is it just me or does it get extremely bright when spawn as a specimen? I always have to turn the brightness to the lowest to see clearly as a specimen, but when I'm a survivor everything's fine.

And again, if it's not too hard, could you adjust a few things in the bot's behavior? When they have ammo they are virtually impossible to damage let alone kill, although that's probably partly due to my lack of skill. But when they are out, which happens pretty quickly because they don't try to conserve ammo, they just stand there like a statue with a sign saying eat me. They sometimes use melee weapons but it's very bugged. So I suggest the bots have lower accuracy but more ammo and know how to use melee weapons properly.

Upvote 0
And again, if it's not too hard, could you adjust a few things in the bot's behavior? When they have ammo they are virtually impossible to damage let alone kill, although that's probably partly due to my lack of skill. But when they are out, which happens pretty quickly because they don't try to conserve ammo, they just stand there like a statue with a sign saying eat me. They sometimes use melee weapons but it's very bugged. So I suggest the bots have lower accuracy but more ammo and know how to use melee weapons properly.

Plus they don't see Patriarch in B3, in B2 they did. Kinda weird thing. Even if they have full ammo, they NEVER shoot or even melee me when I am Pat...

But I think he can't fix it since those are twi bots...

And IMO it's lame when u r a stalker and they kill u anytime u try to hit them. ANNOYING. Shall make them shoot stalker ONLY when hit or when stalker stands close for like 5 seconds just in front doing nothing.

Upvote 0
But I think he can't fix it since those are twi bots...

Shame. :( I mainly play in solo because the servers are empty most of the time....

A few more things after the update:

-Camera flies around uncontrollably in specimen spectator mode
-It gets very laggy when playing as a specimen(I know this one existed in previous version too)
-Can't see players through walls sometimes

Upvote 0
Shame. :( I mainly play in solo because the servers are empty most of the time....

Me too, and I bet others too. Well, I will play alot when I am done testing. I think I will even tomorrow, but not today :D

-Camera flies around uncontrollably in specimen spectator mode

This time it goes ALOT better, less shaking than before

-It gets very laggy when playing as a specimen(I know this one existed in previous version too)

Complain to your graphic card, not us :D

-Can't see players through walls sometimes

Not when they are too far away... it's nothing bad.

Upvote 0

Not fun in solo, bots make headshots all the time, and it's hard to see wave 2, except in suicidal mode.

I've talked about this mod in a french forum yesterday, i've explained how to play, and i've got some players.

It seems that some players don't know how to use this mod, and ask questions during game. That's a problem.

If players have checked "server with perks on" they don't see servers with versus mod. That's a problem too.

I don't like the no strafe for some specimen, it's less fun to move it.

On some maps, it's so hard to be a specimen, i've played in suicidal and i hesitate to stay in, because it's very very hard, but it's more fun to play as specimen (players are level 8)

Maps like arcade-action are too hard for specimen. Defence is too bright. Maybe we should list maps that are good for this mod. I like westlondon because specimen can jump from the bridge, and bloat can vomit from here on players :D

I'd like a bonus to destroy door as specimen, because it's hard when players weld and weld.

Some players who play husk stay very high (on top of buildings) and don't move, on some maps it's very hard to kill them, when it's possible :D

In some maps, when crawler go through water, the screen become darker and stays darker until the end (very darker)

Nothing else for now, except i enjoyed to play this mod yesterday :)

Upvote 0
Not fun in solo, bots make headshots all the time, and it's hard to see wave 2, except in suicidal mode.

Will work on that

I've talked about this mod in a french forum yesterday, i've explained how to play, and i've got some players.

how?

I don't like the no strafe for some specimen, it's less fun to move it.
Took strafe from the charging specimens because for a gorefast right in front of you you waste a huge amount of ammo trying to hit it while its circling around with strafe. FP and Scrake are very dangerous to they'll keep aiming at you while running around you dodging your bullets (not fun)

If players have checked "server with perks on" they don't see servers with versus mod. That's a problem too.

TWI fault but I'll try to find out how to bypass that and I will not tell any of you.

On some maps, it's so hard to be a specimen, i've played in suicidal and i hesitate to stay in, because it's very very hard, but it's more fun to play as specimen (players are level 8)
Huge open maps = no
Biotics style maps = yes
Manor style = yes
Westlondon = kinda
Hallway inside maps = yes.

Some players who play husk stay very high (on top of buildings) and don't move, on some maps it's very hard to kill them, when it's possible

I'll work on a balance for that.

In some maps, when crawler go through water, the screen become darker and stays darker until the end (very darker)

water?

Upvote 0
2 ideas that I tought about (my english not so good):

1. I really like the option of spawn in the sky, and I think it will be much more easy if you add a button (maybe second attack) that wiil spwan you at the postion you are just in the sky (high place).

2. It will be nice if you add a option to config the AI specimens.
(on, off , if there are X (or 2) specimens or less then AI specimens are enabled.)

Upvote 0
The Spawning in the sky one I don't know I did it for the lols but for bloat I think I'll cancel it for bloat.

For the AI configuring I'll put that in.

Anybody notice you can see what people have in their inventory on their backs? :p Please comment about that.

ty

one more thing, I found a bug: as a husk you can shoot in midair, while you shoot you get stuck in the air.

Upvote 0
Anybody notice you can see what people have in their inventory on their backs? :p Please comment about that.

That needs alot of polishing. Axe looks very wrong, as I told u when we played, it looks like... uhh... u know... the... male... between legs... thingie... especially when u crouch! Chainsaw also needs a little work, it shall be on back, and it is on the leg... and grenades are way too big, and they flow... u shall make 'nades not seen there, or even if, then not at back and not so big... hmm... I guess this is it.

I still think the perks for specimens will be great idea! :)

And the spawn in sky - it shall stay as it is, but put some kind of limit of distance and make u able to spawn above even if seen.

And could u remake Scrake? Like make him like fp, rage with alt-click and attack with normal button? Cuz sometimes I need to attack many times in distance to start running.

And last thing - now when all is ballanced with strafe, u could make gorefast able to rage with alt-click, and make gorefast, fp and scrake unable to strafe when rage, BUT able to strafe when not raged! :D

Please tell me what you think Cheetah :)

--------------------
My Steam account got highjacked and I am very sure of it, 100%! First I couldn't log in, it said I am logged on other computer! Then, when tried to retrieve passowrd, it said it sent it to my email. At my email it said I confirmed EMAIL change which means somehow I changed my email, so it didn't go to my real email!!! HELP :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm having some trouble getting the mutator to load automatically upon restart, it works fine if I enable it via the WebAdmin but once I restart, I have to reenable it which is a hassle as the server sometimes restarts by itself apparently...

Here's my cmd line:
Code:
server KF-BioticsLab.rom ?Mutator= AwesomeClot2.betheclot?game=KFmod.KFGameType?MaxPlayers=6?multihome=IP

Also, in regards to your hijacked account, contact Valve and check your PC for keyloggers or spyware. I'd reinstall Windows to be on the safe side and change my e-mail passwords as well.

Upvote 0
--------------------
My Steam account got highjacked and I am very sure of it, 100%! First I couldn't log in, it said I am logged on other computer! Then, when tried to retrieve passowrd, it said it sent it to my email. At my email it said I confirmed EMAIL change which means somehow I changed my email, so it didn't go to my real email!!! HELP :(

[URL="https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366"][url]https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366[/URL][/URL]

Hope This helps :)

Upvote 0
Alt-fire is used for taunting as the Scrake and Fleshpound.

Alt isn't taunt for FP, just for scrake, and as I said, he shall make Scrake taunt with rage launched. And u know, he can make taunt and attack at same button... He did so with FP already.

Also, in regards to your hijacked account, contact Valve and check your PC for keyloggers or spyware. I'd reinstall Windows to be on the safe side and change my e-mail passwords as well.

Just did but u know they didn't highjack via spyware or such, just my friend simply hacked me to get my password and gave it out someone and the guy knew some kinda site where they mass-highjack so noone can get it back. I just sent emails to valve and did all I could. I mean ALL. My friend had actually same prob, except his friend didn't hack his account to make him give out password on some hijacking site. Besides before he hacked me he did same to 3 others of my friends who warned me. I did scan comp many times and checked all my security panels. Nothing found. Then I went to toilet for like 10 mins and when I was back I saw my Steam was logged out and couldn't log back and contacted friend. He said my account is hi-jacked. ****ing moron I gonna kill that guy whenever I get to know where he lives!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0