• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

realistic ammo bags.

Matt Baker

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Realistic ammo bags. as you know the ammo bags aren’t really realistic, in amount being able to carry in one ammo bag.

example the PPsh. the bag is only capable to carry one drum magazine. but you can have multiple inside it. also for the m40 its a 3 mag holder. But you really carry 5 mags. i think this is the issue with most bags. sorry i don’t know how many is able to put in clip bags and stuff.

example: the mp40 magazine bags. You got 6 extra mags (like in DH)
insted of dropping one bag with 3 mag slots(with 6 mags in) you drop TWO bags with 3 mag slots. And one mag in each slot.(3 mags in each bag)

of course if TWI will keep the current system. pickup system.

drum ppsh magazine post http://www.hbci.com/~nartron/ppshdrum.jpg

could not find a post about this before.

Last edited:
you carry multiple ammo bags. The thing is if your weapon is shot out of your hand you loose your ammo as well. This means that you would need to pickup every individual clip or round while it should stay attached to your body. Thats why this compromise was created afaik.

Ideally you want ever player to take the ammo fromt he actual ammo pouch and having to actually remove the pouches from a dead body. But technically thats not as easy as it sounds on an online multiplayer server with ragdolls.

Upvote 0
you carry multiple ammo bags. The thing is if your weapon is shot out of your hand you loose your ammo as well. This means that you would need to pickup every individual clip or round while it should stay attached to your body. Thats why this compromise was created afaik.

That's assuming TWI is using the same code from ostfront. IIRC you dropped your ammo with your gun because UT2K4 worked that way, and it was the only way to mod it in at the time. When the mod went retail, a lot of that old stuff got brought over. I don't see anything stopping TWI from making a whole new system like Matt Baker suggests, especially since they have had access to the engine code since the beginning of development of ROHOS.

Upvote 0
I was talking about ostfront not hos, i just wanted to explain how i see the current system and what i think is the reasonings behind it (together with it just being annoying to have to pickup loads of individual ammo). As in that the ammo bag dropping as it is, is more of a tradeoff than anything else.

The main thing is that ammo amount in pouches only got to do with the pickup system, and i think everybody is hoping for a revamp there (if only spreading items out more). With the most commonly requested feature being body searching which may or may not be possible.

However if you look at the actual models of soldiers they pretty much carry multiple ammo pouches making this issue only relevant for the pickup system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What he means is have the ammo proportionate to the ammo pouches on your character model. Sounds fair and realistic.

I think OST already did this good for most of the weapons, so I am sure HoS will get it right.

As far as i know with the ppsh generally you carried sticks and only carried like 1 drum.

Depends on the year. I think the drums came out in 1943.

Upvote 0
http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/wp-content/gallery/rohos-screenshots/Basement_Tactical.jpg

look here
there is no ammobag on hte ground

maybe you have to take the ammo from the corpse

yes.... maybe, we don’t know yet. But if they keep the current system, i would like to have realistic ammo drops.

i hope they will add the searching of bodies, but I don’t know if this will add some issues. if TWI adds it i hope it will not become like flashpoint: operation dragon rising. sometimes it takes several seconds for the pickup menu to load....... it’s horrible.

Maybe we would know some more if TWI gave us some more info. Because last time they did was a half YEAR AGO!!!!:mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[url]http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/wp-content/gallery/rohos-screenshots/Basement_Tactical.jpg[/URL]

look here
there is no ammobag on hte ground

maybe you have to take the ammo from the corpse

Playing devil's advocate, it could have landed under the body or behind it on an angle we can see in that pic..... or it was already picked up from someone else who had a bolt.

i hope they will add the searching of bodies, but I don’t know if this will add some issues. if TWI adds it i hope it will not become like flashpoint: operation dragon rising. sometimes it takes several seconds for the many to load....... it’s horrible.

*Search Body...*

You have found 30GP, Iron Shield and Phoenix Down.

System Critical Error:

System lost stability due to Final Fantasy Code 2352>Line 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Playing devil's advocate, it could have landed under the body or behind it on an angle we can see in that pic..... or it was already picked up from someone else who had a bolt.

*Search Body...*

You have found 30GP, Iron Shield and Phoenix Down.

System Critical Error:

System lost stability due to Final Fantasy Code 2352>Line 4.

please thats just lame. go play flshpoint and you'll see.

Upvote 0