• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new specimen ideas

Yes, this could be very fun! :)
It would be a little like Alien but that could be for the best of scaring everyone! ;)

Lol, Alien is cool though! Wall crawlers would be so fun, especially if there were places where it could crawl on top of the mesh in Biotics Lab in the roof, so that you'd all be shooting at it while the bullets just go Pwaang! Ping! Pichoo!

Upvote 0
What Killing Floor really needs is a enemy that changes the game-play in a way that the entire squad should work together to take the threat down.

I had some interesting ideas of old snes games i've played for a long time, here are some ideas:

Blood Colossus - A huge Zed with steel plates covering his entire body. Slow and strong, he is imune to any kind of weapon (yep, really OP) but his weakness is the head, even a 9mm shot in his head can take him down. The problem is: The only way to do that is while he is attacking. So, team-work is necessary.

Red Crawler - A poisonous crawler, red collored, the status of this crawler is the same of the black one, but the great problem is that this crawler is poisonous, so, if you're poisoned you star loosing life and your cam start look like you're in a siren's scream. The syring can cure you.

Eletroll - What happens when you attach a generator in a zed that can grab you? Yep, that is bad. That is what Eletroll is, a huge, ugly and strong zed with a tesla generator in his back, when he reaches close to a player he grabs him and discharge a 1000 volts in the player.

Mr. Mind - What happens when one zed can control all the others? That is exactly what this thing do, he focuses ALL the zeds in game in one person in his field of view. So, don't call attention of this thing is really important.

Upvote 0
Eletroll - What happens when you attach a generator in a zed that can grab you? Yep, that is bad. That is what Eletroll is, a huge, ugly and strong zed with a tesla generator in his back, when he reaches close to a player he grabs him and discharge a 1000 volts in the player.

Or have this as a short range ZED that does little damage but causes major muscle spasms, effectively incapacitating a player for a short time.

Upvote 0
Well its fine, but...

Well its fine, but...

What Killing Floor really needs is a enemy that changes the game-play in a way that the entire squad should work together to take the threat down.

I had some interesting ideas of old snes games i've played for a long time, here are some ideas:

Blood Colossus - A huge Zed with steel plates covering his entire body. Slow and strong, he is imune to any kind of weapon (yep, really OP) but his weakness is the head, even a 9mm shot in his head can take him down. The problem is: The only way to do that is while he is attacking. So, team-work is necessary.

Red Crawler - A poisonous crawler, red collored, the status of this crawler is the same of the black one, but the great problem is that this crawler is poisonous, so, if you're poisoned you star loosing life and your cam start look like you're in a siren's scream. The syring can cure you.

Mr. Mind - What happens when one zed can control all the others? That is exactly what this thing do, he focuses ALL the zeds in game in one person in his field of view. So, don't call attention of this thing is really important.

okay, I like where some basic teamwork concepts are goinf here, but there are a few problems....

Blood Colossus: This is basically upping the ss and killing the firebug, things that really should not occur even more. I mean, making a zed that is pretty much pro-ss? That makes the balance WAY more towards the ss than it already is. And what can the firebug do? he cant even get headshots! It would officially kill the firebug class, making it unusable. I like the whole basis of the idea though. I just think that the head and front should be invulnerable, but the back isnt, forciing players to manuever, as well as teamwork, and making it so that a ramboing ss will get killed.

Red Crawler: its pretty good, but kinda is just mixing 2 existing specimens together, and takes away eachs unique advantages. I mean, who CANT notice a red crawler? itlll stick out like a sore thumb, but wont have the health of a bloat. More poison specimens are needed though.

Eletroll: So, an FP with a taser...........This needs more work, but an electric specimen could be useful.

Mr Mind: Aside from the idiotic name (i never bother to name specimens), really, this wouldnt be very gameplay-changing, unless the specimen increased the zed-counter, or increased the zeds-at-one-moment limit, or made FPs or scrakes spawn near that player.

So, in conclusion, you have some good ideas, but they need to be refined. I suggest that, instead of losing heart, you mantain persistent with your ideas, but change them as time goes on, until you have some prefected specimen desighns that people can really back.

Upvote 0
Isn't this just a step away from the bloat? If anything the bloats should be buffed to have this effect, since they rarely cause any real problems unless your already screwed

I think the problem is that Bloats aren't that strong in general.They rarely ever get close enough to vomit.
The radius of bloat's acid explosion upon death should be definitely bigger I think.

Upvote 0

I can't help but notice this is pretty much an old school fleshpound... ah the memories ;P

Upvote 0
Blood Colossus - A huge Zed with steel plates covering his entire body. Slow and strong, he is immune to any kind of weapon (yep, really OP) but his weakness is his back, any other place is impenetrable. The problem is: The only way to do that is a making it around him. So, team-work is really necessary.

Story: The real fist attempt by Horzine to create a super-soldier, immune to gunfire and really strong. His body is covered with the same material used in tanks to protection, but to lower costs his back is uncovered. God bless the businessmen.

Same life of a Husk, same speed of fleshpound not raged and a big melee damage (maybe some kind of hammer in his hands?)

Red Crawler - A poisonous crawler, red colored, the status of this crawler is the same of the black one, but the great problem is that this crawler is poisonous, so, if you're poisoned you star loosing life and your cam start look like you're in a siren's scream. The syring can cure you.

Story: When the crawler was created, the science team thought: - "Why not poisonous?"

Same life and mechanics of a crawler, but way faster than a normal crawler. (so watch your back...)

Story: The idea is simple: The clot always grabs his target and don't leave him until some one is dead. Some batteries, a generator, steroids and protection could help the clot's job.

Same mechanic of a clot, speed of a bloater (heavy batteries) and the life of a scrake.

Chaosmander (need a new name...) - What happens when one zed can control all the others and have telepathic powers? The zeds became more efficient, so he is a big threat: All the zeds deal more damage and became faster. He is the big target of all the squad, the great problem is: He is a really hard target.

He is the big one, the target of the wave, the VIP Zed, he is slow, looks like a fetus and is really weak. He have some kind of psychic attack that affect the player that is closer to him (maybe some kind of scream or some kind of crutural voice in the player's headphone) and a slowdown.

Story: When the zeds were being developed, the intellect was a big problem. To fix it they engineered the DNA of some zeds to develop a advanced brain. Now they are not only retarded zeds, there are retarded zeds with psychic powers.

Obs: WIP and sorry about the english, its not my default language.

Upvote 0
Some interesting ideas here! How about another specimen that makes use of the commandos abilities? A specimen that is cloaked, slow, and a bit more powerful than the stalker? (Also for the firebug) A good name for it would be cyclops or something....

Maybe also a door-buster specimen? (One that is effective against doors, but so-so normally?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
good work firebrand

good work firebrand

Thank You for taking my considerations into effect, firebrand. Seriously. I like how you have changed the VIP zed, making surrounding zeds be boosted. That is a good idea. And, upon thinking about it, a red crawler would be useful, even though it would be best as some kind of alpha crawler, for when you get crawler-rushed. It would make the other crawlers harder to hit, and would really crush any attempts at ramboing (especially at manor, farm, or biolab).

Also, one question: what would be the effects of the eletroll? I mean, would it be like if you got zapped? siren effetcs? paralysis? greatly reduced movement? A combination of the above?

Thank you once again for your ideas:D

Upvote 0
Also, one question: what would be the effects of the eletroll? I mean, would it be like if you got zapped? siren effetcs? paralysis? greatly reduced movement? A combination of the above?

Thank you once again for your ideas:D

My objective is to change the gameplay in KF in a way that coop is necessary.

Your commentary helped me in those ideas, so thanks.

The eletroll is a "instant-kill" Zed. He is some kind of walking eletric-chair. He grabs a player, holds him while charges and discharge (maybe 5-10 seconds charging) and electrocute the player. For balance porpoise he is slow for a strategic retreat and resistant enough to receive big damages from the grabbed player. He would be really useful in "room-camping in maps like biotic-labs and doom.

Upvote 0