• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Killing stalkers?

1. Play on kf_defense

2. Weld a door shut

3. Protect the door from the slit (Commandos are VERY good at this until Scrakes come)

4. Look away periodically, this will sometimes spawn a group of stalkers

5. Keep playing on kf_defense until you get bored.

Idk about #3 i can generally handle scrakes fairly easily by myself. Especially with the SCAR-H, more so in kf_defense. When they still haven't broken through the doors ~1.5/2 mags will drop them on normal a bit more for hard. If they have broken through the doors, a mag of single fire HS's when you have a bit of range on them then full auto a fresh mag generally downs them for me.

Upvote 0
Idk about #3 i can generally handle scrakes fairly easily by myself. Especially with the SCAR-H, more so in kf_defense. When they still haven't broken through the doors ~1.5/2 mags will drop them on normal a bit more for hard. If they have broken through the doors, a mag of single fire HS's when you have a bit of range on them then full auto a fresh mag generally downs them for me.

Support is better at killing scrakes attacking the doors, commando is better for everything else.

Upvote 0
Support is better at killing scrakes attacking the doors, commando is better for everything else.

It seems like it takes more to kill them with support. Even with the hunting shotty. Especially given the reload time with it.

And to Pavalion, best map that i've found for grinding stalkers would have to be Heresy. If you can get people to not kill them so much you can get a good few per wave. That is the map i used to get to 6.

Upvote 0
Play maps other than bloat-ed doom2 final

Seriously, that amount of damage with 1k stalkers? I call power leveling.

I do enjoy having to level up with stalker kills, commando is the one perk that you can't farm :)

Well considering the quality of PUGs I can kind of see how it's possible. Personally it's quite common to walk into a server with 4-5 players and find that 2-3 of them are all commandos of varying levels. The higher levels tend to grab all the stalker kills on account of their improved detection, the lower levels just get the damage. Not to mention all the teams where people are so busy spamming their favourite weapons that they end up killing all the stalkers along with everything else.

That being said, my commando perk is currently level 3 with about 1 mil damage and 700 stalker kills even with the occasional crappy PUG.

Upvote 0
I know how you feel. I have enough damage to be lvl 6 commando but still need another 100 stalkers to hit lvl 5. Anyway just about any map will work, just camp near spots they like to spawn. (Usually anything above you like bridges, vents, etc.) If you have anyone on your network with another copy of kf you could host a lan game and just leave the other character there and horde all the kills for yourself. You can even use your friends pc as bait. (Also a great way to rip through the medic perk. Can make about 10-15K healing per hour.)

Upvote 0
the very best way to level commando with stalker kills is to join a server nice enough where everyone will let you get all the stalker kills.
we would do this on heresy/hard, and everyone would let the commando leveler get all the stalkers.
just go to bobswhorehouse and ask, they are usually nice enough to help you out.

we were able to help a few people level from 0-6 in about 4 hours.

Upvote 0