• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Doesnt seem that bad to me, 10 activations is loads and as long as the deactivations is as simple as uninstalling it could be a lot worse. Disc check is normal and secuROM isnt really a problem as long as it doesnt have the 'you must verify online each time you load the game' crap. I wonder how the steam version will compare...

Anyway yeah beta out at 6pm CET tomorrow, and for anyone with steam pre order it should just appear on your uninstalled games list :)

EDIT: I would prefer no activation limit and no additional DRM stuff, but if it does stop a few would be pirates without disrupting legal users I'm all for it.

Considering the DRM Ubisoft will be including with the games, SecuROM looks like the better of the worst.

TBH I think CD-Key is the best protection for online games like BF itself, rest is just torture for legal users.

Upvote 0
Kewl.

Just 1.5gig. And the game itself is 15 lol :p

Btw, do we get all the weapons etc in the beta?
What about the maps?
Do we get the desert maps like in all the YT vids?

You get all the weapons and unlocks, but there's only one map. It's set in Alaska, so snowy this time. For the unlocks you'll have to invest lots of time though. I didn't bother in PS3 beta because they're gonna reset after beta anyway.

Upvote 0
Obviously Steam and registering your CD key with your online profile is not enough.

I sticking to my principles on this one, no money from me.
Agreed, although I really want to play this online. Dilemma.

Anyway, I got a beta key in the mail today from a German site :) I hope it won't give me any crap for not being from Germany.

Upvote 0