• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Inconsistent gore/ragdoll appearance

I like that static idea.

5 secs after a zed dies he turns static. its great to look at the finish (like DoW Dark Crusade) but i also know about the mod, people have suggested that their be a max body count. so say, after 80 or so zeds corpses they will start to disappear when more die. I like that idea however i doubt twi will invest time into such a small thing

Upvote 0
And what about the CHINESE FAILED GRENADES from the M79/M32 you launch at specimens that are 3 meters away from you, and don't blow and make you get killed :mad:?

LOL, what do you think would happen if that grenade exploaded 3 metres away from you? Thats right, it would turn you into gibs -.-

The safe-mechanism was installed for a reason you know.

Upvote 0
Good idea....now how to do it?

Good idea....now how to do it?

you is going a little off topic. :mad:

i like the idea of bodies that stay, i think someone should put up a poll

I would, but how do you hold a poll? I have been looking for the answer, but have found no way to make one (i know you can however).

Upvote 0
Ragdoll bodies are considered a modern neccessity, I guarantee if they switched to animated death models that there would cause an absolute uproar. In the past I've defended games with animated static death models (for lack of a better definition), but I gotta say that the ragdolls in KF are a fantastic touch. Using the shotgun and explosives wouldn't be half the fun without ragdolls. I can't believe anyone would suggest to take them out, wtf. Its a feature, not a limitation.

Occasionally a ragdoll has physics that go wonky like it gets stuck on some collision or looks like the zed is still alive. So the hell what. I giggle and move on. So the bodies occasionally disappear do they? I've never noticed, it must be pretty rare. Or maybe it only happens to some people. Have you got your Physics turned to high in game settings? Or maybe your GFX can't keep up?

Upvote 0
Ragdoll bodies are considered a modern neccessity, I guarantee if they switched to animated death models that there would cause an absolute uproar. In the past I've defended games with animated static death models (for lack of a better definition), but I gotta say that the ragdolls in KF are a fantastic touch. Using the shotgun and explosives wouldn't be half the fun without ragdolls. I can't believe anyone would suggest to take them out, wtf. Its a feature, not a limitation.

Occasionally a ragdoll has physics that go wonky like it gets stuck on some collision or looks like the zed is still alive. So the hell what. I giggle and move on. So the bodies occasionally disappear do they? I've never noticed, it must be pretty rare. Or maybe it only happens to some people. Have you got your Physics turned to high in game settings? Or maybe your GFX can't keep up?

not what i meant.

they would be ragdolls like normal when they die.

after they have fallen down and are have been lying on the ground for a while, they would turn into less laggy static objects.

Upvote 0
Did anyone take into account that all these meshes will slowly cause you to take an fps hit, or that they will start blocking areas and may cause all kinds of collision problems?

that's why they wouldn't have clipping. you'd walk through them.

unrealistic yes, but it's not like there's a way to make that work.

Upvote 0