• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blind fire and free aim comments...

Basically in my opinion it should primarily make it harder to shoot accurately at a distance when under fire (without making it pretty much impossible to hit something).

While allowing someone to still be effective at shorter range (2 smgs fighting each other from the hip should not both be shooting at the sky, and be unable to hit each other, instead should be able to supress the supression and simply kill the other).

So basically I want something that gives an effect similar to sway, slightly unaligning ironsights or recoil, you can still hit things its just not as easy to. And as you said it should not be affecting you from close range friendly fire as you generally trust your teammates . (I feel that in long range fire friendly fire should still affect you, as generally you might not know if someone is a friendly or not).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I could surprise you guys, but suppression effect works in Americas Army 2, even without ANY suppression effects.
This means if someone is shooting from window, it is enough to shot into that window to stop enemy shooting.
Tbh, all artificial suppression effects will not work in RO, since they will never work like in real life.
Suppression comes from mind. People don't want to die, so they hide.
If they want to kill an enemy MORE than not to die - you will never really suppress them.
This unrealistic gameplay behavior comes from another unrealistic behavior - respawn.
For me, its very annoying in DH, then friendly is shooting near me into enemy direction, and I'm suppressed by my friendly.
I think morale system will be annoying as well. Unrealistic artificial addition, which again brings some sort of "fear effect".
How about if you want to have fear of death - make people not want to die.
Do you guys noticed, how perfect suppressive effect works, when reinforcements are 0% ?
Have you ever played the mods that have suppression implemented? In some mods it actually works really well.

Upvote 0
What kind of blind firing were you taught? Not like the one portrayed in HOS I hope.

As you can see in this picture, the German on the right at the doorway is blindfiring in a realistic manner. Like I stated earlier, blidfiring over your head is not a very effectice or smart thing to do. But I bet that method was used anyway.

leninhead.jpg

You can read my earlier post again, I won

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some brief examples of blind firing.
In combat, you do what ever it takes to kill the enemy before he kills you....

I've put you in close to the few seconds of footage that are pertinent, but you'll have to copy and paste the url (WITHOUT the quotation marks) to a browser window. The browser software won't allow use of youtube's #t function.

***warning*** if you choose to watch the entire footages, be aware that some scenes are graphic.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zznci6RpT4k#t=454"
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1vJqTN-qVI#t=295"

Blind firing is not very effective, but it does happen more often than one might think...particularly in the urban door to door combat of yesteryear.

Upvote 0
Obviously it can be done, but I don't see it being used a lot. In game it will be over used.

One of the things I liked about RO was that they only added things in that were common practice. Blind firing will be used far too much online, especially if you can snap in and out so quickly.

Its something to take notice off however, i think its one of those things thats best tried out and tested. And then perhaps made harder or whatever if it would be easy to abuse.

Upvote 0
Looks like he is drunk. Your gun won't fly around like crazy like in that video.

Definitely not what a game like HoS needs.

And the stock Crysis aiming is actually pretty realistic (for a game).

Well there are some ways in which it can be applied -

- Being suppressed

- Running out of stamina after a long run

- Getting hit, injured or stunned by explosions, bullets and melee

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well there are some ways in which it can be applied -

- Being suppressed

- Running out of stamina after a long run

- Getting hit, injured or stunned by explosions, bullets and melee

Not really sure that that has to do with this thread, but the game and mod in the video do not accurately display anything you mentioned above, and would not serve as a good reference.

I am pretty sure that we did not have nano suits back in WWII, therefore it is hard to compare the player's stamina in the video. ;)

I agree with being stunned when you are harmed. Say you unsight your rifle, you view shakes, some stuff like that.

Upvote 0