• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Less Recoil When Crouching

Monolithos did some heavy digging into the commando code 5 months ago in this thread:

forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=32539&page=4

As for game data (with the normal disclaimer that i might have got it wrong somewhere :))

Bullpup full-auto-mode does deal more damage per bullet (30% higher), have a higher rate of fire (10% higher) with a lower recoilrate (30% lower) per bullet than the semi-auto-mode. However, full-auto-mode does have an aimerror that semi-auto-mode does not have at all (semi-auto-mode also have a higher bullet momentum).

All ranged weapons, except flamethrower, also recive an additional aimerror and spread if you move while you shoot (higher the faster you move. The extra penalty is reduced by 40% if you crouch. There is no extra penalty if you do not move).

Both fire-modes also have the same basic bullet spray. But you can reduce the spread by crouching (15%), using the reflex scope (50%!) and using semi-fire-mode (15%). You will also get a decreased accuracy for each bullet during rapid fire (goes for both fire-modes but only up to a max of six bullets at which point it does not decrease anymore). This will last until you hold your fire for atleast 0.5 seconds (at which point the bullpup will be stable again).

If you want to maximize damage per second for close up body shots with the bullpup it is better to use full auto-mode compared to fire semi-auto-mode as fast as the weapon allow.

If you want to minimize bullet spread for really long range one-shot precision decapitations (maybe in a friendly fire setting?) you would want to crouch, zoom in, if possible don't move, use semi-auto-mode and only fire one (or a few) bullet(s) and then hold fire for 0.5 seconds.

When taking out a siren at medium range (just before she get into scream range) it could be a good idea to crouch, zoom in, if possible don't move and use full auto in full-auto-mode until she dies.

He later apologizes for mistakenly listing single shot damage for the bullpup as lower than full auto mode, so take it with a grain of salt, but he lists aimerror modifiers for running, walking, crouching, and sighting, all which take effect only after the first bullet is fired and go away after a half second of no fire.

Maybe he's wrong, maybe it's only the bullpup, I don't know, I never opened that code, but there appears to be aimerror programmed into the game (which affects grouping not recoil per se).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I suppose it would surely make the game slightly more difficult, which is what we need. I mean if you increased the recoil slightly when running/walking and decreased it while crouching.

I used to play Enemy Territory for 6 years so I kinda got used on crouching every time I shoot long distances anyway.
u want realism ??

recoil of a weapon doesn't change depending on your pose
you're talking about accuracy
get it right

Upvote 0
Recoil doesn't change, your ability to control it might.

Thing is, if you use the irons it's already tough to control while moving. I'm not sure an increase in recoil/loss of control would be very necessary.

Running around shooting from the hip is already penalized by a lack of crosshairs.

This really sounds like it could best be applied to the new RO, not a game like KF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is my first time on the forums as I just got killing floor 3 days ago and am already level 2+3 everything except medic ( level 1 ), so hello!

Anyways to stay on topic, i completely agree with the idea of a reduction of recoil ( paticularly assault rifles ) whilst crouching. I feel there's no need for crouching at all... except when you're camping.

Upvote 0