• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Medic VS. Scrake/FP

Sgt.Lobster

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
What is the best way to take on a Scrake and or Fleshpound when there is no one else around to help?(6 player game)

I would also like to know whats the best weapons to have for all the infected? (clot, gorefast, siren, Scrake, FP, ect.) But also keep my speed a good rate for when i need to run away.

(Im a level 5 Medic)

yeah Axe, Katana and Crossbow are the only real effective ways of killing a Scrake for a Medic.

Fleshpound your pushing it, but if you lob a couple of grenades at its feet then shoot it with the crossbow to rage it on them you can hit them quite hard. Try and hit it in the face again. Let them hit you once so that they stop raging at you. Heal up and repeat until dead. Hopefully it dies before you do :p

Upvote 0
As has already been said, the typical way is to use the Crossbow for any of the larger specimens, grenades will aid in weakening FPs though you will have to deal with the rage (not much of an issue if you have Body Armour).

Ultimately it depends on your preferred weapon loadout, MP7M+Crossbow is my combination of choice, though some medics opt for alternative loadouts which include the Katana.

As always the most effective way to deal with larger specimens is to alert your nearest Sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
since xbow is so powerfull at the moment my mediclayout is xbow+mp7

xbow: FP, scrakes, Sirens, Husk
  • FP : 6 players (you medic6) hard 2-3 shots
  • scrakes : 6 players hard 1-2 shots
  • Sirens: 1 shot
  • Husk: 1 shot

and even on suicidal xbow for medic is ueber.. if scrakes dont die, they at least get stunned.
mp7: clots, crawler, stalkers (sometimes gorefasts: but its more the commando/(sharpy+m14) pray, imo)

healing should be your main task, nevertheless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Level 5 (soon-to-be-6) Medic here. I usually main one of the two combos:

1) M79 + Crossbow
2) Katana + Crossbow + bombs

With M79 I can keep the large packs of small enemies at bay and cause some serious damage in general. With the Katana, no enemy is a big threat, especially if you first inflict some damage with something else, like the Xbow.

The bow's alone a great big-game killer, popping heads of Scrakes with one good shot, and pins multiple enemies at once.

I also do some other mixtures at times, but those often do on Hard-Long games.

Upvote 0
Here's my usual lineup:

1 MP7
1 Katana
1 or 2 handcannons (usually one for accuracy purposes)
1 LAR

If I want to take on FP's then I ditch everything but the mp7 for a scar.

but they're right, you should heal more then anything. if you want to just kill stuff, then just play some other perk, but a medics role is to keep people alive against impossible odds with their mega healing, so if you dont do that often then you're bound to lose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
x bow can decap fp and scrake so definatly have xbow and mp7 use the 9 for everything just headshot anything 2-3 headshots decaps everything under scrake so just use that when in a pinch switch to mp7 after emptying it NEVER RELOAD unless there is like nothing in sight. Use xbow when scrake shows up if for whatever reason you fail and don't decap it and its not infront of you take out the mp7 and just open up that thing has BEAST damage at 0 feet. xbow can be used in a pinch it goes throw stuff and you can just spam 3 bolts and you can pretty much make sort work of small stuff.

Upvote 0
My setup is always healing gun and x-bow. You should be more focused healing anyways, so it's nice to be able to pop out the crossbow and pick off a pesky zed that the SS is too busy to play with, or to help whenever 2-3 husks spawn at the same time, etc, etc. Or sometimes to just flat-out kill scrakes and FP's yourself, if you know what you're doing.

Plus, medic gun is a great toy to save a teammate that got swarmed...good burst damage.

Upvote 0
I would also like to know whats the best weapons to have for all the infected?

AHA! Scarke is infected with a chainsaw and flushpounder with meatgrinders for arms.

Anyway, I usually have katana/medicgun/m79/handcannons combination, they are great against anything but fleshpounds. Unless you somehow manage to deal a decent damage on them with the m79 before they reach you, and finish them off with handcannons before the armor runs out. If you want some speed Id leave either m79 or hc out, maybe both if you think you dont need them.

If you want to be able to kill anything, just go for crossbow. The above combination is better tho, if you want to be able to run away when no-one else is around, because w katana you can run faster and kill most zeds with one hit.

Upvote 0
Well that all depends on your style of play. The katana works great for scrakes as it stuns them. As a lot of people said using the xbow works. But sharpshooter is lame/boring/weak way out. Your supposed to get a rush and create a full plan in .5 seconds when you see one. Not just pop it's head off. I try to avoid playing with most sharpies and demos. Personally I prefer using an AK and a shotty, but mostly 'cause i'm working on the other perks at the same time. The only time that falls through is if i'm diving into a sea of enemies to save someone. Aside from that if your a medic and your good with running and gunning then literally anything will work.

PS - If you are a sharpie I have little/no respect for you.
If you are a sniper soldier IRL, then I respect that you protect. But not how you do it. Seriously would you wanna be chillin' droppin' a D then all of sudden your brain turns into cherry pie all over the wall. C'mon, fight face to face.

Edit - Not directed at anyone in particular. Just in general.

Last edited:
Upvote 0