• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M32 Speed Loader?

!_Zombie_!

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
So the horrendous reload for the M32 if oft' what gets a lot of Demolition players killed (right behind 'tards blowing themselves up), and I was recently playing Killzone 2 and I noticed something the grenade launcher in that game has that ours doesn't.

The KZ2 MGL uses a speed loader similar to a revolvers to reload, now I'm no military expert and I have no idea if something like this exists for the M32 MGL in real life. My idea though is that possibly if implemented right this wouldn't overpower the M32 but help bring it up to par with some of the other perks in later tiers when they have to take on Scrakes, since FPs are easy when using Pipe Bombs correctly.

Basically:

Trader will carry an M32 MGL Speed Loader separate from the M32 for about 1000-1500 Pounds (discount would apply to Demolitions class) and when purchased instead of showing multiple rounds to be fired you would see how many reloads total you have, so instead of fully loaded seeing

6 | 30 , you would see 6 | 5.

I understand they'd have to go through and make new animations and tweak some things, but as far as balancing goes I think this would help. With that said; what is everyone's opinion on this? Yes/No? Or can anyone offer any improvements to this idea?

AAAAAmMrAykAAAAAAMBXLg.jpg

Revolver Speed Loader

Well the Commando and Sharpshooter don't lose the mag when they reload with something still left, I imagine it would work the same way for Demo.

I almost never run out of all 36 rounds, I let my pipe bombs do a lot of work and time my shots to take out the most Zeds as possible so I can conserve ammo. Currently the only thing I ever have trouble with is damage and reload. On hard+ it takes 2 hits from the M32 to kill a gorefast, which is alright on suicidal, but it's ridiculous on hard.

Upvote 0
Just carry the m79 and the m32, use the 79 for situations that require only one well placed shot and the 32 if you need to spam or shoot 1 grenade with the 79, then quickly switch to the 32.
Or have a backup weapon that doesn't screw you all over if those buggers become all close and personal.
Done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just carry the m79 and the m32, use the 79 for situations that require only one well placed shot and the 32 if you need to spam or shoot 1 grenade with the 79, then quickly switch to the 32.
Or have a backup weapon that doesn't screw you all over if those buggers become all close and personal.
Done.

I'd much rather carry the M32 and AK47 (or SCAR if enough $$$) to take care of trash mobs.

Upvote 0
My only major concern is buying the attachment to reload it faster is the only way to make it fair... however the demo class is FREAKING expensive as it is. Throwing another thing in for them to buy makes it a near impossibility to save up the money.

I am Level 5 myself and even on normal it takes me a good 6 rounds to completely buy up (This might have something to do with slightly overzealous spending on armour and grenades/pipebombs). However still buying up for it is already damned hard. Adding another point to purchase just kinda takes the mic. It would only ever see the light of day in normal/hard tops servers where money isn't so darned scarce.

Upvote 0
The Demolitions perk is very powerful in skilled hands, it shouldn't be noobified. It's well balanced as-is. Players must exercise strategy and restraint when using the M32, lest they find themselves empty when they need it.
---

Strictly playing on Suicidal at rank 6 I do believe the class needs just a bit of a buff, if not a speed loader at least an increase in reload speed. The grenade launchers in particular is what I'm looking at.

Pipe Bombs are fine as is, but certain issues come up and damage falls short when it comes to the M32/M79 compared to the Sharps, SS, and Commando.

I understand the strengths come from being able to take out multiple enemies with a single explosion, and being able to hole up with pipe bombs. The issue becomes obvious when you have to fire 3 or so rounds into a group of small-time enemies. I just want to be able to deal with everything on par with all of the other perks.

Upvote 0
M32 doesn't have a speed loader, and even if it does it cannot be used like a revolve speed loader. Part of the loading process for M32 involves rotating the cylinder because it's spring loaded. When it's empty, you must rotate the cylinder in a full revolution in addition to loading 6 rounds before you can close it and fire a full magazine.

Revolver cylinder are rotated by the actions of the hammer (in single action) or the trigger pull (in double action) when firing, so it doesn't need a 'wind up' after reloading.

Upvote 0