• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More realistic through fear display

what i would like to see when someone gets supressed, is that his ability to align the front and rear sights of the weapons aint as good. So basically something similar to the breathing mode but a bit heavier, or similar to sway without moving the weapon.

This means you can stil hip and somewhat aim well enough for close quarters and run perfectly. But cant easily potshot that mg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
maybe things like the effect of close artillery as you cannot firsthand feel the actual artillery from your computer chair.....for anything else it really makes no sense to replicate a feeling that one would already be experiencing the effects of. if you are in that much "fear" during the game and given situation, you're going to have a hard time aiming as it is.

Upvote 0
This same topic came up in the mod forums before Ost came out, and the majority of people didn't like the idea, because if and when you really need to do something, like run, you're going to be all screwed up more then you already are when trying to dodge bullets and shells, you don't need more. If I remember correctly, the suppression blur effect that's currently already in the game, ie: when bullets wizz by you or a round goes off near by and the screen blurs, was the balanced solution to what everybody wanted.

You lose your focus a bit, but you don't have your arms and movement all screwed up completely to make you useless.

Now I know the main argument is that too many people run and gun and do suicide missions, etc. etc..... so this should make it harder.

But what about everybody else?

I know when I got a tank machine gunning through the windows of the building I'm in, and shooting rounds all over the place, I'm not about to stick my head out just to get shot and I keep my arse down until I think they moved away or distracted by something else.

And if I got two MG's or even just one who has me pinned down somewhere, I don't need to be all swaying and shaky if I need to take one shot when I can, or ditch and run the other way.

It's already hard enough trying to do this without several people shooting at you and killing you in seconds, I don't think we need something else to do add on top of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about if your fear gets too high, you go into berserk and become immune to fear but cant stop running. :D

While we're at it, let's allow you to have a pouch of magic white powder that when used, you run around like Tony Montana, bullets have no effect on you, you run a streak of curses at your enemies as you shoot them and the only way to be killed is a shotgun blast in the back and a fall in a fountain. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0