• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Individual reinforcements

I thought in bf once you controlled all points the reinf counter quickly went to 0.

Based on how many cap zones your team has determines how slow your resources drain and how quickly theirs does. If you do own all zones, it will reach zero eventually, but so long as there are enemies on the map somewhere, the game will continue on until they are killed.

In its current state having unlimited reinforcements is in 90% of the maps the same as they play now (a few maps are tweaked so that 1 team or both teams pretty much run out of reinf in the last cap). But a change in the system would allow mappers to get different playstyles for more variety and some additional effects that can have good effects.

If you adjust the respawns to give every person 30 respawns, and that would be too much for a map then you could set it to 20 or 10 or whatever. All up to the mapper.

Then based on your original calculations, if it was only 10-20 spawn points, depending on the class you pick you'd only have maybe 5 or so spawn lives and then you're out of the game, or spending the rest of the game harassing everyone else bumming for their extra lives... or you leave for another server/map or another game altogether.

Tbh in case of recappable capzones, in maps i wouldnt mind to have some time left like 1 or 2 minutes to cap something back. Because plenty of times you would have capped an other capzone within 10 seconds. I think after all caps have been capped a short time where the defenders must hold the caps and defend it can be pretty fun (although it should be definable by a mapper).

The focus shouldnt be on wiping everybody out together, the game should be focused mostly on objectives, hardly anything would change concerning that if reinforcements were given to everybody individually instead of to the team as a big group. But if mappers like to use the reinforcements for a special scenario they should be able to do it in a way that the team doesn't run out halfway of all reinforcements, and thats why individual reinforcements are nice.

Granted that I do not mind the limited tank classes in certain maps where you can only get maybe 5 tigers etc..... cuz there were only 5 tigers in the real battle perhaps..... and perhaps something like that could be put into place for the troops. What I mean is that say there were only 5 snipers out of 50 troops..... once 5 snipers are killed off, there are no more snipers for the round, but keep the spawn settings as they currently are (entire team) so that you can at least spawn again as assault or rifleman.

The problem with that though is that near the end of the round, all that would remain would be all riflemen on both sides unless one team decided to save all their special classes for near the end and completely slaughter the other team who all have just rifles.

Your above proposal may wind up allowing the map to allow that you don't run out of grouped reinforcements halfway through the game, but when you only end up having 3 guys left out of 20 to defend against everybody else on the other team doesn't sit well with me..... and your solution to that of having a vote surrender doesn't sit well with me for already explained reasons.

I just feel the current system is a nice balance for all aspects of each player's style..... including the styles I may not agree with. Some may not agree with my style.... that's how she goes.

Just as i think it could be nice to have unbalanced maps where the game balancer puts teams in a 2:1 ratio for instance so 20 allies play against 10 germans.

Wow... we must be at opposite polar ends with our ideas cuz I don't like that idea either, lol.

How many people do you think will want to play a level where the majority of the time they will always end up with them being on the losing side and chances of winning are pretty well nil meanwhile those lucky enough to get on the side with the majority of players/spawns will surely win everytime and it's just basically a one-sided slaughter fest?

I know I've played more then enough online matches in various games to know how much it sucks being greatly out numbered, nobody on the other team wants to even things up and you're stuck being whooped non-stop the moment you spawn because they're all surrounding your spawn area to gradually exterminate you, having no chance at getting further then spawning?

Those are matches I avoid and/or leave as well, because when you stand no chance and the balance of the game is unfair from the very start, where's the enjoyment?

You're just a walking frag waiting for the hounds to tear you apart for points.

And in the same way i think it could be fun to make a gamemode where one team got half the reinforcements as the other team, but in order for that to work the team must actually keep an eye on the reinf which currently hardly ever happens (although often enough you have people screaming that people should watchout for reinforcements).

Some gameplay parts of a game no matter how unrealistic could just be more realistic than RO, doesnt mean the game is more realistic. But it can make a player to react more realistically in one way.

I somewhat agree, but I as already stated before, there are already enough things in place to make people want to play more realistically.

Like I said, you're complaining and trying to force change on what happens on "Public" servers, when the easiest solution is just to join or create a clan/server that suits your way of playing. Set the rules, set the style of play and for anybody who wants to fart around and not play the game right..... kick em. It'd be your clan and/or your server, and you'd have every right, meanwhile the public servers can remain as they are for those who like the game the way it is, which I do.

Then everybody wins.

Upvote 0
The issue never occured in the mod as in the mod you pretty much never ran out of reinforcements at least not in the same way as you can in RO:OST.

If you played a few times at a friend and a bit at home. How many times have you played koningsplatz at a full server?

Its not about gameplay style, but its about what i see people do during public games. Its a bit weird you accuse me of making up the bad teamwork that i see on public servers and public players not really caring for the team pool of reinforcements, when you hardly played the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you have unbalanced teams like 20 allies vs 10 axis. Then ofcourse you must make it that the map in itself is still balanced. In a tank map perhaps something like 30 T34 76's against 10 Tigers could actually be fun, not if all maps were like that but for a change of pace.

Or a heavily reinforced bunker complex that some team tries to attack, or a beachhead landing like normandy. If you have equal players those kind of maps don't work as the attackers get slaughtered but if there are more attackers the defenders could get more overwelmed creating interesting but even battles.

Essentially the same is there already on some maps where the axis spawn away 2x as far as the allies or have a spawn time that is 2x as long. Thus essentially at the head of the battle having less players.

As i said you can change the numbers around, the entire suggestion was an example of what could be done not an implementation plan you would need to try things out and see what works best. An optimal amount of spawns should be found. Even with what i suggested you could make it that every class takes up 1 reinforcement or whatever.

Rifles are one of the strongest classes in the game, in the old ROstats page from the mod the top 10 players with the highest kill/min ratio (not kill/death ratio) were all rifleman. But i don't want to limit classes to spawn only a few times, although it could bring for some interesting gameplay.

I've been playing and participating in clanmatches since 2.2 in ro. And in there i have seen how much potential and dept there is in ro, i dont expect teamwork like in a clan but there can be a lot more. And I have run multiple servers in ostfront and the mod (and if anything i always allowed people to do what they wanted to do).

In my opinion key to gameplay is giving people freedom to play the game and not force ways of playing on them through rules or policing, however people should be appraised by their individual actions. But currently the reinforcement feature just doesn't work as optimal as it could on maps like koningsplatz in public games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lets look at ROOST maps that already have limited respawns on vehicles......Pariserplatz: allies and axis have spawn limits on their tanks for every so many objectives, that should add to this fear of death right? WRONG. play the map in pub and almost every single map the allies and axis are usually out of tanks for the first 2 objectives within 4-5 minutes. players that even know about the limited respawn still play the same way and spawns are always used up. imagine how much worse it would be on individual player spawns if it's bad enough already just for vehicles?

Upvote 0
Here is the main thing you are wrong with. It will not.
Why?
1. because it is not driving focus in other games. Americas Army for example.
2. capture objective is always easier, than kill all enemies. Its hard to kill all campers on the map.
3. if you will try to kill all enemies - you have more chances to die. You don't want to die, since your life count is limited.

Resolution:
If it is possible to win by killing all enemies, it is absolutely no guarantee, what it will happen.
So if you tell 'it would drive the focus' you have to explain WHY with valid points. 'It will because its possible' is not valid point, as you understand.

PS. hoah, i've not used 'realism' word here.

Well, hopefully I am wrong. I would not have anything against being wrong in this one. :p

Upvote 0
I can only agree with Zetsumei in terms of teamwork.

Teamwork is horrible in RO:Ost, it still may be way better than in most other online shooters, but it still sucks!

I could swear you, in Americas Army its MUCH better teamwork.
In RO it is almost not existing at all. Search RO forum for teamwork complains. Example: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=9500
And all my friends are not playing RO because of it. They say: its cool game, nice weapons, effects, atmosphere... But zero teamplay.

@Cpt-Praxius
Fixed quote. I've never mentioned BF or CounterStrike, you confuse me with Zetsumei.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lets look at ROOST maps that already have limited respawns on vehicles......Pariserplatz: allies and axis have spawn limits on their tanks for every so many objectives, that should add to this fear of death right? WRONG. play the map in pub and almost every single map the allies and axis are usually out of tanks for the first 2 objectives within 4-5 minutes. players that even know about the limited respawn still play the same way and spawns are always used up. imagine how much worse it would be on individual player spawns if it's bad enough already just for vehicles?

The major difference there is, is that you have no direct feedback of howmany tanks there are left generally and they are seriously limited, leaving no buffer for mistakes. If you make spawns severely limited then of course you'll have people running out of them.

On pariserplatz however what you do see is that for instance tankers that know the tanks are limited, that they try to stay back and not push too far forward and that means that it does alter the gameplay of people. Aka they do not just try to drive their tanks and ramm right into the brandeburger tor. But that slight coutiousness of not wanting to suicide and take too many chances is exactly what i want, so in my experience it does exactly happen on pariserplatz as well. However i believe the SU160 only spawns twice, while you can sometimes have to attack the tor for like 15 minutes this means they need to stay alive for about 7.5 minutes and thats pretty long and only good players/ lucky players can do that.

Of course there is a difference, every map must find a balance to get just the right effects and there are limits to what amounts can work without most users running out, however as i've seen with Return to castle Wolfenstein you can actually make it relatively low to work.

If you divide normal ro maps their reinf by players, then mostly they have something like 15-20 reinforcements per player, it might seem low but this means that generally means you need an average living time of about a single minute.

However on the map koningsplatz as axis currently you only have 10 lives per player, of course smgs need to be able to die some more thats why i had some classes take more or less reinforcments. This individually means on average you need to live as axis for 2 minutes on average to not run out of reinforcements. In publics however you nearly always run out of reinforcements either around the siegessaule or at the last cap, so its timed pretty well but it gets annoying after a while.
Especially if you actually have people on your team shouting to watch for reinforcements and announcing how many you have left, let still you run out of reinf in the same way.

But if players actually see they only have 10 lives they simply won't suicide to get a new set of grenades or new fausts or satchels or bayo charge a tank (unless for them 10 is plenty). And that is all i want to obtain.

I dont want people to cower in fear (will never happen), but i want them to act more responsible for things like the reinforcement pool as they are shared with the entire team.

AA3 is not the ideal example though for a good game with good teamplay atleast that is my opinion.
Capturing an objective (in a respawn game) is harder than only killing everybody in the zone, simply because if you want to cap the objective you need to make sure new people cannot come back. Aka stop the enemy supply line, this is actually my main reason i would not play maps with only 1 live.

However what americas army got going for itself is superb ingame voip. Its got 1 life gameplay and with that, it means that if you're together with a group you wont ever have to regroup if you're dead because you stay dead.
In RO as showed above youre somewhat on average supposed to die like every minute this means it can be hard to stay together with the same guys (however battlefield2 and battleground europe use an interesting way to combat this). Beside that people of somewhat the same skill due to the servers are often grouped together, if you are on a more equal level as your other players its generally easier to work together than with major skill differences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AA3 is not the ideal example though for a good game with good teamplay atleast that is my opinion.

I mean not only aa3 but aa in general.
Currently, in RO is much efficient to be RAMBO. More you kill - more chances that you will capture an objective. This leaves no place for good teamplay.
I've played cs and americas army, public play and clanwars. Some other games like Q2 CTF, Q2 Action, Tribes, CoD...
Best teamplay I expirienced in Americas Army.

Upvote 0
The issue never occured in the mod as in the mod you pretty much never ran out of reinforcements at least not in the same way as you can in RO:OST.

If you played a few times at a friend and a bit at home. How many times have you played koningsplatz at a full server?

I don't normally count how often I play a map or how long I play in general, but I have played the map yesterday a couple of times. Reinforcements ran out in two different rounds, however I was keeping an eye on what was going on and a good chunk of my team got killed off in both cases by a couple of well aimed Arty while they were holding or capping a cap zone, and my tank commander didn't seem to know how to take out the other tank even while I kept us angled to him.... you can only do so much.

Its not about gameplay style, but its about what i see people do during public games.

To me, both mean exactly the same thing.

Its a bit weird you accuse me of making up the bad teamwork that i see on public servers and public players not really caring for the team pool of reinforcements, when you hardly played the game.

If you want to keep a decent debate with me, you best stick to what was said and not imagine things I said up. I never said you made any of these claims up about how some play, but you generalize as if every other player except yourself plays like this and I believe you also exaggerate the number of people playing as you claim they do.

What you are making up though, that I know is a fact, is your reference to running out of reinforcements in the Mod. You say it simply didn't happen, and I know I and many others here who played since then can tell you otherwise.

Oh, and a polite reminder, I do not require your judgement of how often or how long I play a game compared to yourself, nor would it make any bit of difference in my claims. Yesterday was my first "Full Day" of having the game and when I could play it, all but two rounds I was leading my team, I had the highest score, I capped the most objectives and I took commander class and told people what to do...... Pretty good for someone who "Hardly Plays the Game" and only having the full version game for around 24 hours and on several maps I never played before and just starting to figure out my way around.

I think I know a thing or two about what I am talking about.

The difference is that I stick to the facts, while you use extreme case examples that are obviously exaggerated to help support your own claims and then attack other people's credibility who point out the flaws in your argument by trying to compare how often someone plays the game compared to you, which is irrelevant to the topic at hand and is only a mere attempt at distracting from the real issues.

And there's a bit of hypocracy in your post on how you talk about me claiming you are making things up on the current game play (which I didn't, I merely think you are exaggerating to suit a biased agenda) and yet try and flat out tell me and others that running out of reinforcements in the Mod era "Just didn't happen" and if you truly think it never happened, then you obviously must be lying about how often you played the mod, because although I didn't play the mod 3 hours a day, every single day like you have since 2.0, I had countless matches that ran out of reinforcements all the time.... some maps more then others.

So if you are lying about reinforcements in the mod, which I know you are based on first hand experience, how do I not know you are exaggerating the amount of players in the new game who don't play as you described they should (Which I have yet to see.)

I have seen a few obviously new players getting slaughtered over and over, but that's a given in any game, and there may be one or two dumbwads who do as you describe, but it's not the Black Plague of RO in that everybody or at least 90% of the players do as you describe.

And I do not believe your reinforcement method would solve any of these problems.... all it would do is benefit yourself because then you only have to focus on how often you die, thus you no longer think like a team mate and help look after other members, because their deaths no longer have any effect on you or the rest of your team, unless you want to "Share" your lives with other team members, which you might do once every blue moon, but I doubt very many others would want to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The one thing I have noticed so far playing the full version is that the majority of the maps I have played, nobody selected the commander classes.... thus nobody is giving out orders, nobody is setting rally points, nobody is selecting decent arty positions...... AKA: no co-ordination at all.

That's the problem, and that has always been the problem since the mod days...... if you do not have at least one person on your team trying to organize what the heck to do, then everybody usually goes off and does their own thing.

Every single time I took the command class and started giving out commands, setting rally points, telling my team mates when something is being capped and how much is left, or how many enemies are nearby, etc. etc...... almost always the majority of the players start grouping together, attacking together, helping one another out, going when they need to go and holding back when they need to hold back.

Sometimes you gotta make manual messages towards your team mates like "Let's Go People!" "We just need a couple more to back us up" etc..... then usually when your team mates know what's going on near them, they can think to themselves "Well heck the cap zone is just to the right of me, I might as well just step in and continue what I am doing" or "well he's just in that building over there and I can flank the guys who got him pinned."

The more information you give your team, the more they are aware of what's around them, where the action is and the more you help them out, the easier it is for them to help you and take the map...... and if you give them the command and they see you running to where you commanded to go, usually they will follow.

You don't need to try and restrict how many times they respawn individually or punish them in other ways.... all you need to do is take the command slot that's already there and do the job.

All the tools are already out there to solve the problems you mentioned, you just need to know which tools to use and how.

I can only agree with Zetsumei in terms of teamwork.

Teamwork is horrible in RO:Ost, it still may be way better than in most other online shooters, but it still sucks!

Try playing a CA map like Arad as Infantry, 90% of the time you wont have a transport at the spawn as one guy took it and drove away alone...

In my previous post to this on, I mentioned a possible reason why the team work is crap and a possible solution that seems to work for me quite well.

And I played Arad a few times last night too. I didn't have too much of a problem with not having any vehicles to use at spawn, but then again there were only about 25 players on at the time.

But the vehicles are held there for a good number of seconds to wait for other team mates.... exactly how long do you expect your team mates to hang around for you to spawn? Or should they wait until they see you get killed and then wait some more until you spawn?

The thing is, usually that person was killed in an area that is being capped or time is limited on stopping the enemy where you were killed, you don't hear any team mates around you coming to hop aboard, so you stop wasting time dilly dallying around spawn and you rush off to help the rest of your team at the front lines.

If I see team mates coming to my vehicle, I stop/slow down so they can climb aboard, but I'm not going to sit around wasting time and once that vehicle is allowed to move, it's going.

And I'd expect other players to act the same way.... If I don't spawn in time to catch up to a vehicle and there's none around.... oh well, them's the breaks, start walking.

I think if anything needs to be changed, I think any map that is set on a server for 50 players should have more reinforcements overall and more vehicles at spawn, cuz by what I have seen so far in the game, it feels like the problems with reinforcements and vehicle amounts were originally geared for 32 player maps, not 50, thus there's hardly any vehicles and you run out of reinforcements quicker..... esspecially when you have more boots on the ground who get killed by some well placed arty..... you could have a dozen players die in just a few second in a 50 player map and that'll speed up the drop in reinforcements overall compared to the old 32 player mod maps with the same/similar reinforcement amounts.

It's got more to do with math and map design then it does about player's playing abilities.

You first have to diagnose the problem accurately before you can come up with a practical solution..... and I believe the problem overall has been the increase from 32 to 50 player servers..... Think about it... do you guys honestly believe the playing style has changed so much from the mod days to the current full game version? I haven't seen much difference at all.

So what is the most logical reason why reinforcements drop so much faster then in the mod?

Because you have much more then 32 players playing on the map at one time, you now have 50, which means there are more people that can be killed at one time, which means your reinforcements drop faster.

It's as simple as that.

And if you want your players to play better and work more as a team, pick the commander class and take charge.... otherwise you have no reason to complain how other's play if you don't want to take the responsibility of being Commander.

Either reduce the server player count back to 32, or take charge of your team and give them direction.... .or do both, and I bet you you will see a huge improvement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cpt-Praxius, it really looks like you did not played enough to see the problem.
I play Darkest Hour mod quite often and NEVER run out of reinforcements.
In original RO yes, I run out of reinforcements on certain maps.
BUT, as Zetsumei already said, no one is really changing his playstyle before reinforcements is 0%.
Even worse, then reinforcements comes to 0, everyone starts to camp, and noone is really cares about objectives. Team deathmatch begins. Especially if timelimit is high. You know - if you die, you will need to wait that time.
So currently most of the players leave the server.
Perfect example is Stalingrad Kessel.

Upvote 0
Cpt-Praxius, it really looks like you did not played enough to see the problem.
I play Darkest Hour mod quite often and NEVER run out of reinforcements.
In original RO yes, I run out of reinforcements on certain maps.
BUT, as Zetsumei already said, no one is really changing his playstyle before reinforcements is 0%.

Usually because there is no longer a warning stating your reinforcements are running low and you only know you're out when it says you're out.... and if there is a warning about being low on reinforcements, then I'm not seeing it.... thus if you don't know and don't check the scoreboard until the end of the game like most people, you'd never know until it's too late.

Even worse, then reinforcements comes to 0, everyone starts to camp, and noone is really cares about objectives. Team deathmatch begins. Especially if timelimit is high. You know - if you die, you will need to wait that time.
So currently most of the players leave the server.
Perfect example is Stalingrad Kessel.

And so you think this new idea of individual respawns would solve this problem of people camping?

If anything it's going to increase camping and people not wanting to move forward.

The ironic thing here is that you guys are complaining about people running and gunning, and at the same time complain about people camping.

For me, campers are harder to kill then rambos, because Rambos tend to make more noise, more commotion and easier to spot, thus far easier to kill. With such a change in the spawns, all you're going to have are more campers and a really slow game..... everybody would be too scared to run off to cap cap zones, and everybody just sits back and tries to pick off the other team until they run out of reinforcements..... AKA: Team Deathmatch, the exact thing you guys are wanting to avoid I thought.

I don't have to play the game for 8 years to know what I am talking about and the reason why I don't notice these problems you guys are mentioning probably has to do with me usually taking the command slot and taking charge, thus the chances of what you guys are complaining about are rarer.

If you have no command structure and nobody directing the team, or some dork in the command slot not doing anything, then you will get what you guys are complaining about.

Just about everytime I ever played a map where I never selected commander and nobody else was doing the job, everybody did what you guys are complaining about and start doing their own thing or playing like a moron.

The game requires someone to take charge in order for it to work properly and if nobody is going to do the job, then you get things like this, players all ticked off and wanting to drastically change the whole system around with something that doesn't seem like it'd even solve the problem.... when the solution has always been there and it's so simple it just boggles the mind.

I see the problem, I just don't believe it's as big of a problem as some are making it out to be. This type of complaint existed back in the mod days and the commander was always the solution back then.... it seems some have forgotten however.

Give it a shot... pick commander and start co-ordinating and pepping up your team and tell me what happens. Granted there will always be jerks here and there in a game, but if you are a good commander, you will see a drastic improvement in overall gameplay.

The biggest problem I did see so far is the extreme lack of communication in game. Lack of communication = poor game play and very little co-operation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a warning that your reinforcements are running low, and you often have some teammates trying to notify everybody of it sadly most often without success. Note you should direct things directly to different people as me and lion like things differently. During the mod as i said i can't remember running out of reinf beside on some custom maps like Ambush its not like you technically cannot run out as there are still reinforcements.

The thing is having no reinforcements left aka 1 life will encourage people too strongly to survive. The thing is its like a shift immediately from the play from having seemingly unlimited reinforcements to no reinforcements. The players do not feel the effects in between and thats what this suggestion was for. Camping is not bad, but if all the people people stay and camp somewhere safe and nobody ever attacks an objective then its bad.

Having one life will make people super campy and not care much about capzones. Having unlimited lives will make people super aggresive and attack capzones not caring for reinforcements. Generally when playing on the defensive side you want to make people a bit more campy and on the attacking side a bit more aggresive you should be able to shift a round a little between those extremes. But above all else people shouldn't want to pick suiciding over walking 100 meter more.

Yet if someone plays rambo all the time and as you said its not really effective, atleast not from a deaths perspective. Generally one person that plays rambo on say koningsplatz can go through 30 reinforcements points and effectively use up all the reinforcements for 3 people on that map.

I don't say nobody wants to use teamwork, but 3 people just running and getting themselves killed by running into the same enemy artillery strike everytime can and will deplete the reinforcements of an entire team. Beside that the people that want to use teamwork generally have a hard time communicating what to do with each other like reporting enemy positions etc.

A commander would be a solution if people would listen to them. Otherwise the commander is just a guy with a smg that can throw smoke and call arty. Its about motivating the people to do something, and a regular rifleman can do that just as well as the ingame squadleader however generally you cannot get people to play in a somewhat collective mind. As half the people simply dont want that which is understandable, they should have their freedom however their freedom should not destroy the ability to win and play together for the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And so you think this new idea of individual respawns would solve this problem of people camping?

I think you just started to understand.
SURE it will solve the problem. You know why?
Because it is working in other games. Not depending if they are arcade and you don't like them.

Cpt-Praxius said:
The ironic thing here is that you guys are complaining about people running and gunning, and at the same time complain about people camping.

Answer: Balance.

Cpt-Praxius said:
With such a change in the spawns, all you're going to have are more campers and a really slow game..... everybody would be too scared to run off to cap cap zones, and everybody just sits back and tries to pick off the other team until they run out of reinforcements..... AKA: Team Deathmatch, the exact thing you guys are wanting to avoid I thought.

Why? Its not in other games. Why it should be in RO? Why people should be scared to be killed in a computer game?

Cpt-Praxius said:
I don't have to play the game for 8 years to know what I am talking about and the reason why I don't notice these problems you guys are mentioning probably has to do with me usually taking the command slot and taking charge, thus the chances of what you guys are complaining about are rarer.

You are making assumptions, like the one, who did not play other games.
It also looks, like you just don't like to wait for respawn and trying to find excuses for it. Like 'people will camp'.

Cpt-Praxius said:
The biggest problem I did see so far is the extreme lack of communication in game. Lack of communication = poor game play and very little co-operation.

You can use chat and voice communication. This is enough for communication. People are not communicating because it is not necessary.

Upvote 0
The communication issue comes from that you can only speak in the bigger sceme of the entire battlefield to everybody and that the ut2k4 codec is somewhat non optimal. Its really hard to just speak to the guy next to you. Tbh it would be great to look at someone and be able to speak only to him automatically, without changing 20 channels or having to go through some menus.

If for some reason even with dying inbetween and respawning you can more easily regroup with your buddies then you can see more teamplay among people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The communication issue comes from that you can only speak in the bigger sceme of the entire battlefield to everybody and that the ut2k4 codec is somewhat non optimal. Its really hard to just speak to the guy next to you. Tbh it would be great to look at someone and be able to speak only to him automatically, without changing 20 channels or having to go through some menus.

If for some reason even with dying inbetween and respawning you can more easily regroup with your buddies then you can see more teamplay among people.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=525435&postcount=7

Upvote 0
...... I don't say nobody wants to use teamwork, but 3 people just running and getting themselves killed by running into the same enemy artillery strike everytime can and will deplete the reinforcements of an entire team.

Well like I said, that happens in every multiplayer game that has similar limits, including BF2.... you can't get rid of these people because usually they're new people to the game and simply don't know any better, or perhaps never played the map before and need to figure it out.

They're a consequence of playing a multiplayer game such as this one and the practice mode only allows you to figure out so much.

Making these same people have to sit out the rest of the match because they're not as experienced isn't going to do any good and they will leave the server or end up playing another game, thus even fewer people playing.

Beside that the people that want to use teamwork generally have a hard time communicating what to do with each other like reporting enemy positions etc.

I never had a problem, then again, I do type fast. But if that's not an option for some, get a mic.... they're cheap.

A commander would be a solution if people would listen to them. Otherwise the commander is just a guy with a smg that can throw smoke and call arty.

Well with that attitude no wonder your games are the way they are. As commander in the game it doesn't matter what others think, you co-ordinate regardless and keep the pressure on your team to do what you request, and eventually other's who want to play the game as you do will follow suit..... and then these people who don't think of the commander too highly will start to see that all their team mates and all the action is going that way, and they will eventually follow suit.

If they don't, screw em..... I don't judge the game on how others play, but how I play and if I'm pleased about how the game went, even if our team lost.

Its about motivating the people to do something, and a regular rifleman can do that just as well as the ingame squadleader however generally you cannot get people to play in a somewhat collective mind.

Actually a regular rifleman isn't the same imo and I don't tend to take their orders as serious (Which would fall in line with your above statement on the collective mind)

They can not mark points to attack/defend on the map, they can not setup rally points, they do not have the order commands, a rifleman doesn't hold as much capping power as the commander and if someone wants to take charge, they should take the proper class for it.... because if they don't.... if you don't, then you can't complain about people not playing the game properly, esspecially if you arn't playing it properly either. ;)

So in other words, if you run around as a standard rifleman giving out orders and commands and nobody is listening to you, let alone doing what you want them to do and the whole game has gone to a disorganized pile of crap..... then you're just as at fault as everyone else.

Upvote 0