• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning.....Facebook Hackers

You guys have to realize they are not after any hot chix you have on your friends list, they are not even interested in the games you have on your Steam account...

These guys are professionals, only thing they need the account for is to send more messages, and hope to infect more people to enlarge their botnets or make money through some dirty "affiliate" scheme. Scum of the earth.

Want to know more check out this video:

YouTube - Data Security Wrap-up 2009

Upvote 0
Social sites like Facebook do have a use. Its good to organise events, parties etc as well as share photographs with each other. Of course you need to be sensible with what information you put on it like with any other internet site. I use it and nobody has stolen my identity yet. :p

How do we know that that's really you, Sam?

Upvote 0
can anyone tell me why does people use social networks? I mean, whats the point?

I actually have a FB account, though it took me forever to be convinced to do so :p
Reason actually is i have some friends out of country who i dont normally get to speak to so much, and FB facilitates our means to regular communication much better than say MSN at this particular moment.
That's the whole point to me, at least.

Upvote 0