• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Legs anyone?

Gaston!

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
Hello all! I'm a long time gamer, first time poster, so be nice ;-)

One of the biggest things I'd like to see in RO:HOS is probably one of the simplest things for them to do. I'll like to be able to see my own legs!

OK, so I know most games don't do this, the first RO certainly didn't do it, and neither have the CoD games that I use to play. But for one reason or another I've really come to associate being able to see my legs as the hallmark of a good game. It adds immeasurably to a player

Most games just never bothered with them because they felt they were a waste of system resources for lower end computers for something you'd barely see or notice.

Also, when you crouch I hope you can deal with your knees and legs getting in the way of your view and possibly getting shot by someone you would have normally seen if it wern't for your legs.

Realistic?

Perhaps..... but tunnel vision isn't very realistic, thus you should balance out with as much viewable area on screen as possible.

I remember in the old forums I used to talk about it being nice to have viewable legs and such, but it's not that important and if they don't put them in because of poly counts or resource intensive for the additional animation sequences, etc. then I won't lose any sleep over it.

Although if they have locational damage and such in the new RO, it's be kind cool if you can shoot someone in the foot or just blow it off and then you look first person and see that foot damaged and your walking is hindered as you hobble on your bloody stump.

Upvote 0
Cpt-Praxius, they probably won't put them in for just that reason. And I'm not going to lose sleep over it, if they don't put them in, I just think it would be cool if they did. Or perhaps as a graphical option? That way computers that can't handle high poly counts, or people who just don't have to deal with it.

I don't know, it's just one of those things that makes me laugh when I look down and don't see a body. Like when someone switches teams right next to you so their character drops dead. "OMG! Fred's had a heart attack!"

Upvote 0
I dont see how being able to see your legs should block your view in any way tbh.
I've played several games having this feature, and that never happened to me in any of them.
You only see them if you look down, which is not something you do in a combat situation.
Next to that, even if you take a kneel you still look 'up' towards the enemy and not down at your feet.
The only way to block your view would be sitting on your butt with your knees up in front of you, which isnt something i imagine would be in the game :p
Otherwise legs would never be in your view.

Upvote 0
hes first time poster ;) make some respect.

nah u got me wrong, I wasn't making fun of the OP, I was making fun of the fact that people need to request being able to view legs, especially in a game whose selling point is based upon realism. Having legs should be STANDARD in today's FPS's. I totally agree, we better be able to view our legs... i wanna be able to shoot myself in the foot like i do in real life :p

Upvote 0
Pointless? This is a game that is trying to simulate realism, and I count being able to see my legs as realistic, and important to complete emersion in the game. And like I said, this would be a cinch for TWI. All they'd really have to do is add body objects to what is viewable by the player's camera, and then set an option to revers this. Easy peasy, wouldn't drain on nuffin'.

Upvote 0
If they added and you have the option to remove them or keep them then I'd be cool with that.

If I like them in the game then I can keep them..... but if they screw up with my game play, then I can take them out.

The thing about blocking my view has more to do with situations where I'm in a higher position then my enemy, sometimes almost directly above them looking down.

If my big boots or my knee is blocking my view, then I can easily be gunned down.

Now sure some may say that's realistic that you can't see through your feet/legs...... but what is also realistic is that in real life I can shift my feet/legs to places that clear my view.... you can not do this with a static pre-animated pair of legs.

Upvote 0