• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-doom2-Final

this map is good, would be even better with the bugs fixed (or they are fixed now???). the map is straight out of doom so i dont see why theres such a big deal about how it looks?

i submitted a fixed version (kf-doom2-final-fix) which is the original one only now zeds can get to elevator/lift, no camping.
lethalvortex submitted a much different version (kf-doom2map01wave) that has more spawns and different weapon areas, but there is code that needs to be whitelisted too.

Upvote 0
wouldn't it make sense just to release one extra doom2 map for white listing, why develop two versions at once? So we might have a Doom2-Final-Fix and Doom2-Final-v2 or something, how insanely confusing for the massive player base and server admins who have hard on for this map. Also I hope the weapons are removed, only random item spawns should be elligble for white listing in my opinion.

Upvote 0
well there are 2 version on the whitelisting for a couple weeks now.

1. is by ro_sauce same map only zombies can get up the lift since that was the reason i got off the whitelisted
  2. its first map from my mappack i contains some exstra`s trader decorations fleshpounders teleport into the map only chainsaw pickup at start rest have been replaced with randompickups secret room only opens once fp appear compressed textures special boss room.alot more spawn locations
so ye if u want more challenge i go for map 2 but if you like the same version then go for 1

just wish they would whitelisted a bit faster.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lethal, could you check out this post please? It's a request that requires your expertise.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39162[/URL]
You know, i could find myself in delisting it earlier due to pathing issues that needed attention, but now that has been fixed you are really sounding more like an *** than anything.

Stop your personal crusade, seriously...

lethal, thanks for fixing the errors, i know it must've been quite annoying for you to take all that heat the last few days/weeks, but now that it got rewhitelisted you can be assured it won't ever be delisted again ;)

Keep up the good work :D

- The Wanderer

Upvote 0
i enjoyed this beeing off our server list waz so sick of it and now its back :( :(

nice map thoug but way way to easy ... one of the easiest maps ever even on suicidal ... law after law spawns same with chainsaw... oh wellz the approved it so lol

u just channel em into that one door way "lvl map BIGtime" lol sit there all nite and get ur welding points

Upvote 0
How would you like if i, or anyone else, would comment on your work like some of you here do?

personally, id add more spawns, change the wavespawn period, fix the pickups, and id fix the back outside area because all it did was pump out crawlers.

id like it if someone were to criticize my work to the extreme because all i get is, "good job dex" comments, which dont really help my map, they just give me that warm feeling inside.

i want comments that piss me off, and make me want to prove the person wrong, "yo dex your map is so easy" then i turn around, "OH YEH? CHECK OUT THIS NEW VERSION!". thats what i like, comments that get me to do something about my map.

for a long time we all told lethalvortex what the problem was. but it was NEVER addressed. it got to the point finally where it was taken off the whitelist even though it shouldve NEVER got to that point.

Upvote 0
personally, id add more spawns, change the wavespawn period, fix the pickups, and id fix the back outside area because all it did was pump out crawlers.

id like it if someone were to criticize my work to the extreme because all i get is, "good job dex" comments, which dont really help my map, they just give me that warm feeling inside.

i want comments that piss me off, and make me want to prove the person wrong, "yo dex your map is so easy" then i turn around, "OH YEH? CHECK OUT THIS NEW VERSION!". thats what i like, comments that get me to do something about my map.

for a long time we all told lethalvortex what the problem was. but it was NEVER addressed. it got to the point finally where it was taken off the whitelist even though it shouldve NEVER got to that point.

have you not tried the new version?
try it out before saying he doesnt do anything.
doom2mapo1wave.rom

Upvote 0
have you not tried the new version?
try it out before saying he doesnt do anything.
doom2mapo1wave.rom

im not saying he doesnt do anything, im saying he didnt do anything until the map was finally removed from the whitelist. thats like me having a dog that goes around biting ppl in the arse, but instead of doing anything, i wait till the city sues me for all i have, puts the dog to sleep, then sends me to siberia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
doom2ifinal is only the first map of the 13 that he made, he was working on making those ready for whitelisting, among other things, there was nothing wrong with the first map in the first place. so what if it is too easy? go play a harder map. there's harder doom2 map out there, go play them, which i'm guessing most people havent.

you guys need to stop whining about this map and either try the new one, or try the other doom2 maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0