• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Dragon Age: Origins

Its true that is very addictive but I'm kinda disappointed by the conversation, I expected from bioware, no less than Mass effect in which your character talks and had that cinematic thing, but this one is much more like the rest in that aspect

It could have been possible to add voiceovers for all the dialogue options, but I think that having a specific voice would ruin the kind of experience that Dragon Age is. It works for Mass Effect because the story revolves mostly around the exploits of one character: Shephard. In Dragon Age, your created characters are more ambiguous and more open to the imagination.

What I specifically like about Dragon Age is how it seems that your conversations can severely affect the outcome of many events, sometimes in ways you don't realize until later in the game. In Mass Effect it seemed like the outcomes were black and white that all led to the same point regardless. There were some interesting decisions in Mass Effect, especially towards the end, but in Dragon Age they seem to be a lot more plentiful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So the hard-core rpg like the old BG, IwD, etc. games talk wasn't just marketing bs!?

So far I have only seen the trailers of the game and those were pretty horrible, but I am intrigued.

Seems like I'll have to get this some day.

its even better than most of those "old" games imho
its way superrior to Baldurs Gate imo, the story is really moving

i even cried a bit when i heard the story of the wearwolfes

the only part i dislike a little bit about the game is the Fade (its a level in the game) , but thats just my personal opinnion :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So the hard-core rpg like the old BG, IwD, etc. games talk wasn't just marketing bs!?

So far I have only seen the trailers of the game and those were pretty horrible, but I am intrigued.

Seems like I'll have to get this some day.

I was shocked too. I tried to stay away from the marketing, it all tended to feature Maralyn Manson (apparently that's how you market well written, well scored, intelligent games these days, with gore and rock music :p ).

I would put it on par with Baldurs Gate when Baldurs Gate came out.

It is an excellent experience so far (barely scratched the surface I'll wager!), for those of you with the game
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
OMG BEST GAME EVAH!!... explanation ahead...

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
one of the best game ever, but if you want some nitpicking.. sometimes people tend to forget the past, like for example the citizens of the main city are supposed to be extremely racist towards elves. The moment you get in there, suddendly they all forgot about their racism.

well, at some point you have to find a balance between story and free choices

if the game wouldnt close both eyes at some occasions i would have been sendt to the archdeamon to join their forces after 1 hour of gameplay

but after thinking about it... that would be pretty cool :p

Bioware simply chose a mix between free actions and story to give you awesome choices to get their AWESOME story through
allthoguht this sometimes ends up in wierd stuff like you described above

Upvote 0