• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Admin mods?

[Ruca]Canuk

Oct 22, 2009
I was just wondering if there was anything like source mod for KillingFloor .
I have looked through a lot of the old threads and havnt found anything other then just using the built in admin. I was looking for something to help admin my 3 servers. Also i would like to keep my servers whitelisted

Besides the built in WebAdmin, there is really nothing that I know of specifically for admin'ing a server. Certainly not an all inclusive one.
There is of course ServerAdsSe and ServerExt for messages, reserved slots, admins, etc.
I've seen a mutator or two for random map selection.
There should be a section on whitelisted mutators here in the KF forums somewhere. And perhaps you can look up in the Red Orchestra area of the forums and see if there is something up there (I don't recall any).

If you happen to find something all inclusive (from UT2004) that you can make work, bring it to the attention of Tripwire and they will see about whitelisting it.

I don't know if it is what you are looking for or if it would apply in your case, but there is a thread around here showing how to list your servers in a Steam window that calls the Webadmin. That way if you are in game, you don't have to Tab out to bring up the Webadmin. I'll see if I can find it.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Rather than sourcemod and metamod type tools, we're using the Web Admin Interface and plugin type mods/mutators.

Here is a list of the whitelisted mutators and their functions.

A few Admin have mentioned using HLSW Gameserver Tool and that may be something you want to take a look at.

I've used sourcemod and metamod for L4D/TF2/CS:S and it was certainly very Admin friendly while ingame. Logging in while Admin in Killing Floor will allow you to kick/ban, switchmaps, broadcast messages, and even Pause the game. However, it won't be as sophisticated as what the mm community is releasing. Let's hope some coders take an interest for the future.

Upvote 0
I think serverext is what you want. it's the only one I know of that has those kind of features. read through the wiki and install all the serveractors, they work fine with the game on mine. features are nowhere near as flexible as sourcemod but it's a huge improvement to stock webadmin imo. you get chatfilter, chatlog, join/part log, rss feeds, reserved slots, etc.

the rss feed feature can replace serverads if you don't need the adminsay, I never used that anyway since it's annoying.

the chatfilter has many more features than it sounds, you can set up triggers and stuff to do botlike replies to keywords. it's also the only way I know of to see teamchat in webadmin.

many of them can also be installed as mutators so that you have interactive console commands while logged in to the server.

Upvote 0
thanks guys, I also have another question about the Webadmin that maybe you guys could help me with, i have two servers running out of the same dedicated server, one ending in 85:7707 and 86:7710 the 85 is using that webadmin just fine, but when i try to log into the 86 it always just gives me a message saying i cannot connect, it says the site is valid just not able to access it at this time

Upvote 0
I see you've changed your port to 7710 for the .86 server. Really no need to do that unless something else on the .86 IP is using the standard KF ports. As long as the IP is different, the ports can be the same. Unless of course you are running the game through a GSP and those were the ports assigned to you. In any case, (I may well be wrong here...) instead of using .86:8075/serveradmin to access the webadmin, try using .86:8078.

Upvote 0