• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Windows Server shuts down on Mapchange

TheCasanova

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
I host a server on my Windows 7 PC. Mainly for friends. I haven't really done a lot with it before the new update but then it seemed to work fine.

Now I get reboots on mapchanges. sometimes that is. Sometimes it just loads properly.
And I also don't know how to get the new maps into the votemap-cycle. Haven't found anything in the KF.ini on that.

When I login as an Admin from the game I will be non-admin after a mapchange. Is that normal?

Anyone else having these problems?

It seems to be a new issue only on windows7 pcs so far.

Can you try the following for me: go to your control panel, network and internet, and try disabling/leaving the homegroup. And check if it works then.

To add new maps to the votemap cycle make sure to tick on the "use maplist" option then all votable maps should be the ones you add into the maplist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I host a server on my Windows 7 PC. Mainly for friends. I haven't really done a lot with it before the new update but then it seemed to work fine.

Now I get reboots on mapchanges. sometimes that is. Sometimes it just loads properly.
And I also don't know how to get the new maps into the votemap-cycle. Haven't found anything in the KF.ini on that.

When I login as an Admin from the game I will be non-admin after a mapchange. Is that normal?

Anyone else having these problems?
yeah you have to relogin as admin after map changes, yeah that's normal.
login onto your webadmin using the ip to your server with the port you specified (usually 8075) to add maps to map rotation. Then you just have to restart the map for it to be valid I think.
I'm running my servers on linux so no disconnects so far what I've noticed.

I'm running windows 7 on my gaming rig though, and no problem there for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same problem here....
i have 9 servers and all have this problem, when change map, all players get kicked....all dedicated server in windows 2003 server

plx...fix that

tnhx
Out of curiousity, are your servers 6 man servers?

I run a a couple of 6 man KF servers with Winserver 2003 64 bit O/S. No problems. The only problem I had was a General Protection Fault the first time I tried to start up after the update. I rebooted the server and hit hasn't skipped a beat yet. I don't really know what the problem was, but it dis-appeared after the reboot.

Upvote 0
I have another question.
My Server has a lot of lines like:

PlayAnim: Sequence 'HitF_M14' not found for mesh 'horzine_trooper'
and other animations and characters.
Do I need to redownload the server files or is that just regular behaviour? Does the server actually need to play those animations?

yes, this is normal (lol). you will see pretty much a constant stream of those every game, never affected stability afaik. but this is also where you will see errors that do matter, just disregard the function errors.

Upvote 0
You can try to raise the time outs in the ini.

Code:
[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
ConnectionTimeout=[B]120.000000[/B]
InitialConnectTimeout=[B]200.000000[/B]
Works well on my test server.

While at it I raised the tick rate to 60 and it runs smooth as silk.

thanks for the infos, going to try different timout/tickrates. could this have anything to do with the lan problems we are having now? I notice after the update I can't stay connected to the public dedi through my lan anymore, it just times out whenever a new wave starts, with the "players walking into walls" thing, but going in through wan loopback works fine.

also if I remember right, wasn't the NetServerMaxTickRate changed to 35 in one of the recent patches to get around a timeout problem? now that you mention it when I went back and checked it is now net=30 lan=35.

Upvote 0
You can try to raise the time outs in the ini.

Code:
[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
ConnectionTimeout=[B]120.000000[/B]
InitialConnectTimeout=[B]200.000000[/B]

Works well on my test server.

While at it I raised the tick rate to 60 and it runs smooth as silk.

I changed it and people on my server reported that it seems to be fine now. Haven't played it myself. Gonna check it later this day with a few friends.

I need a few more informations concerning the Tick tho.
What does it actually do?
It seems to be at 30 right now. 60 and 100 was the values that most CSS servers have because they seem to be more responsive to player actions then.
Since I run the server on my home pc - can my internet connection handle that?

Upvote 0