• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I don't get how something that needs piles of sugar and cream in it to become enjoyable can be referred to as "good" :p

And don't give me that "it's an acquired taste!" bullcrap.

believe it or not, but when i started to drink coffee, it was 2 strong espressos, loads of milk and 2 pieces of sugar
now im down to either completly black with no sugar, or black with a few drops of milk and one piece of sugar

but the reason for this is my recent change in lifestyle, i eat more healthy stuff, use less sugar and fat, avoid white bread and any unneeded carbonhydrates. I decided to do this as i gained around 10 kg in weight after my GF left me, and now lost 8kg again and im down to 105kg again (i lost 8kg in 2 weeks now without any diet or anything unhealthy)
but im not gonna stop there :p

for me the greatest killer is cheap lifestyle, as all that unhealthy stuff as toasts ect just costs way less money than the good stuff ^^

PS: coffee just tastes great, anyone saying something different is a pussy :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
im talking about toastbread, wich is verry fluffy white bread
not such a bad thing if you eat it without stuff on it, but it gets used up by the body pretty damn fast

for instace, wholewheat bread has less useable enegery but gives its energy to the body slower and thus will make it last longer ie you wont get hungry that fast again
both white bread and wholewheat bread have around the same ammount of calories, but your body can use around 90% of white bread while of wholewheat bread it can only use around 60%

it was just an anecdote, but normally the cheapest stuff isnt exactly the healthiest stuff

thats what i mendt

for instance when i eat 3 slices of toast with a bit of butter i get hungry again after 3-4 hours, if i do the same thing with wholewheat bread i get hungry after around 5 hours

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tea is decent, but it doesn't give you the kick in the face that coffee does. :p

Coffee tastes better too, it's a much stronger taste, which is good. It also smells better. I dunno, tea is kind of "meh", not that special. Whereas a good coffee (and I stress the word "good") is more of an experience... it's just you... and the coffee, man. Like when you're at the railroad station really late in the evening, and order some food and some coffee, and it's all good. :) Tea doesn't really calm me.

And it IS an acquired taste, Bobdog. :p

Upvote 0
for me the greatest killer is cheap lifestyle, as all that unhealthy stuff as toasts ect just costs way less money than the good stuff ^^

Agreed. Eating healthy can really rack up the bills but you can save a lot of money by buying whole foods in bigger quantities.

Buy a 50 lb bag of beans, several bottles of beano, 15 lbs each of boneless chicken and extra lean ground beef, 1 sack of sweet potatoes, 5 tubs of rolled or steel cut oats, a 20 lb bag of wheat flour, 6 jars of peanut butter, several green vegetables, one 10 bag of onions, 2 gallons of olive or canola oil, one 20 lb bag of brown rice, 10 lbs of durum wheat pasta, 2 lbs of soy granules, 20 cans of tuna, 3 lbs of pistachios, 3 lbs or cashews or almonds, 2 bottles of mustard and tobasco, 2 packs of salt, maybe some low fat dressing, 1 bottle of physillium husk, 2 one gallon bottles of 2% or non fat milk, 3 packs of lean sliced turkey and ham, a jar of multivitamins and several tubs of protein powder on sale.

You can also have buy fresh fruits and vegetables, fatty fish such as salmon, kingfish or herring and whole wheat sliced and pita bread every week or two. Also restock milk and meat as necessary.

That should cover like all your nutritional needs and more and should last you for a couple months.

Upvote 0
Agreed. Eating healthy can really rack up the bills but you can save a lot of money by buying whole foods in bigger quantities.

Buy a 50 lb bag of beans, several bottles of beano, 15 lbs each of boneless chicken and extra lean ground beef, 1 sack of sweet potatoes, 5 tubs of rolled or steel cut oats, a 20 lb bag of wheat flour, 6 jars of peanut butter, several green vegetables, one 10 bag of onions, 2 gallons of olive or canola oil, one 20 lb bag of brown rice, 10 lbs of durum wheat pasta, 2 lbs of soy granules, 20 cans of tuna, 3 lbs of pistachios, 3 lbs or cashews or almonds, 2 bottles of mustard and tobasco, 2 packs of salt, maybe some low fat dressing, 1 bottle of physillium husk, 2 one gallon bottles of 2% or non fat milk, 3 packs of lean sliced turkey and ham, a jar of multivitamins and several tubs of protein powder on sale.

You can also have buy fresh fruits and vegetables, fatty fish such as salmon, kingfish or herring and whole wheat sliced and pita bread every week or two. Also restock milk and meat as necessary.

That should cover like all your nutritional needs and more and should last you for a couple months.
i wont even eat half of the stuff from your list :p
its not that i would do a diet or so

what allways kept me on a slight overweight is really simple, cheap lifestyle
i dont really need to change that much to lose weight, i just have 15kg too much for my size and buildup ^^
the thing why i keep talking about the nutrition is a little bit funny, i never ate much, even less than nearly all ppl i know, but its just the wrong stuff

seems like my body gains/loses weight incredibly fast
i just need to eat a little bit more and a little bit different for 3 weeks and gain 10+ kg
but my weight drops like mad when i turn back the wheel a bit, as for now i lost 8kg in 12 days
i know its SAID to be unhealthy, but i cant change this o_O
and i dont feel exhausted or hungry when gearing down again

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Big List O' Food

That totally wouldn't work for me. I'm mostly a (trying to think of a word for it) situational buyer, will walk around the shop and buy what I want to eat and make over the next few days, not saying that its always totally healthy of course, but any long term food that I buy I end up loosing interest in or just forgetting, its silly of me but who knows :rolleyes:

Also low fat milk :( eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Plus coffee > awesome

I don't get how something that needs piles of sugar and cream in it to become enjoyable can be referred to as "good" :p

And don't give me that "it's an acquired taste!" bullcrap.

Sugar, cream? Thats for children black all the way!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nothing added, just straight Sencha tea here.. twice a day. Once in the morn and once before I eat in the evening. I drink coffee only on Saturday mornings and it's always an Irish Coffee.. hmm, I should post my recipe.

Same as Mahnsikir here... I shop every couple of days. Mainly because I try to stay away from food in a box and much prefer fresh items. What can I say, I enjoy cooking :eek:.

Whole milk ONLY. Low-fat milk? You've gotta be kidding! Bathwater, bah!

Upvote 0
Well Lemon it seems that you are an endomorph. Are your hips almost as wide as you're shoulders? If so, that just confirms it.

What you need to do is really really watch you're diet. You're body's naturally slower metabolism is what is adding the pounds. The advantage you have however is that if you wanted, you would be able to put on muscle relatively easily. Go to a gym if you aren't already, lift heavy in compound movements instead of isolation exercises and do cardio 2-3 days a week.

The muscle you put on will make your life easier by burning extra calories even while at rest. There is something called your "Basal Metabolic Rate" (BMR), which is the amount of calories you burn at rest (when you just lie down sleeping all day). This shoots up if you pack on muscle mass. For example my BMR is just under 2000 calories. This means that I can sit on my a** all day and eat 2000 calories and still not gain an ounce of weight.

So yea watch you're diet, lift heavy and do some light cardio. You will be in great shape very soon.

Upvote 0
Since you asked so nicely :cool:

IRISH COFFEE by REZ

irishcoffee.jpg

You'll need:

6 oz. cup
your favorite coffee
2 sugar cubes
1 shot of Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
heavy cream
splash of vanilla

The cup being 6 oz. is important to the measurements of the ingredients. Proper ratios matter when mixing drinks of any kind.

Start by running hot tap water in your cup and let it sit in the cup while you brew your coffee. Nothing saps the life out of a hot drink like a cold cup right out of the cupboard.

While the coffee is brewing, place a mixing bowl into the fridge to chill it. This helps the beating of the cream later in the recipe.

When the coffee finishes brewing, the bowl should be cold enough for the next step. Pour about a half cup of the heavy cream into the bowl and add a splash of vanilla. I don't actually measure the cream, I eyeball it, but it's around a half cup - you dont need to be precise. A little left over cream never hurt anyone. When I say a splash of vanilla, I mean about 4-5 drops.

Whisk the cream until it is light and fluffy, but not all the way to actual 'whipped cream' stage. You want to be able to pour it still.

This is how you want it to look..
perfectconsistency.jpg

If you see this - you've gone too far.
gonetoofar.jpg

Making sure the consistency of the cream is right allows you to pour it onto the drink at the end, and it will sit nicely on top.

Once you have the cream whipped to the proper form, pour out the water in the cup. Now drop both of the sugar cubes and the shot of Irish Whiskey into the bottom of the cup.
alcnsug.jpg

Now pour your freshly brewed coffee into the cup and leave about a half inch at the top for the cream. At this point, make sure you stir it all together. I've forgotten this step once in a while over the years and what happens is you get to the bottom of the drink and it's all sugar. Make sure you stir it till you see that the sugar has dissolved.

Now, simply (slowly) pour your cream on top until it fills the cup up. The cream should float on top like a layer of cloud.
finalan.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well Lemon it seems that you are an endomorph. Are your hips almost as wide as you're shoulders? If so, that just confirms it.

What you need to do is really really watch you're diet. You're body's naturally slower metabolism is what is adding the pounds. The advantage you have however is that if you wanted, you would be able to put on muscle relatively easily. Go to a gym if you aren't already, lift heavy in compound movements instead of isolation exercises and do cardio 2-3 days a week.

The muscle you put on will make your life easier by burning extra calories even while at rest. There is something called your "Basal Metabolic Rate" (BMR), which is the amount of calories you burn at rest (when you just lie down sleeping all day). This shoots up if you pack on muscle mass. For example my BMR is just under 2000 calories. This means that I can sit on my a** all day and eat 2000 calories and still not gain an ounce of weight.

So yea watch you're diet, lift heavy and do some light cardio. You will be in great shape very soon.

well i actually think that im a Mesomorph ^^
because if i gain weight its allway around the belly and the hip

thats me with 105 kg
qeebo1255603942.jpg

Upvote 0
Tea is decent, but it doesn't give you the kick in the face that coffee does. :p

Coffee tastes better too, it's a much stronger taste, which is good. It also smells better. I dunno, tea is kind of "meh", not that special. Whereas a good coffee (and I stress the word "good") is more of an experience... it's just you... and the coffee, man. Like when you're at the railroad station really late in the evening, and order some food and some coffee, and it's all good. :) Tea doesn't really calm me.

And it IS an acquired taste, Bobdog. :p

You should experience tea by the campfire in the early morning, as your pupils crawl out of their shelters *****ing and moaning, and you have a nice cup of tea that warms your inside, just makes you smile at their discomfort :p
Now th

Upvote 0