• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] inglourious basterds

I just saw the movie, and it was not what I thought it would be. It was worth seeing, but I probably won't be buying the dvd. I definitely DID NOT expect the ending. Nowhere near as much blood or gore as I was expecting, and the basterds were only a part of the movie. The German colonel was the most entertaining. Lots of almost goofy western type music, but I did appreciate some of it, especially what I recognized as also being in "Kelly's Heroes" which is a classic.

3/5

Upvote 0
I thought it was a really good movie. The writing was terrific. The bar scene being one of my favorites. Sooo much tension in a lot of the scenes. Col. Landa is the best character this year. He was perfectly cast. Great job by Christoph Waltz.

It seems people want gore when they see a Tarantino flick.. the friends I saw it with made the same 'lack of gore' comment after it was over. They also wanted to see more action scenes with the Basterds, but all of that and more gore would have seemed unnecessary to me and would have taken away from the movie. It was still incredibly violent, just not gory.

I dunno.. I was into it for the writing and it delivered. I'll be buying the DVD.

..and the sniper nitpickers - scope = sniper, no scope = not a sniper. You guys are playing too many video games if you ask me. :D

Upvote 0
tommy-lee-jones-no-country.jpg

Upvote 0
Doesn't alter the fact that they were cheering a film which is load of old bollocks mate.
Its as bad as Scots cheering Braveheart or the Yanks cheering The Patriot.
All are load of old bollocks and a fictional take on history.
So i say again why cheer?
Cause seeing Hitlers head get mulched up by an MP40 is AWESOME, even if it is fictional :p

Upvote 0