• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you think scrakes will ever get fixed?

Flushpound.jpg

Upvote 0
I recently came up with an idea for the Scrake (though I haven't posted it yet) where it has two types of slash attacks - one is a side-slash which can be ducked under, and one is a down-slash which can't be ducked under but it requires that the Scrake stop moving. This means that while soloing the Scrake wouldn't be too easy (which it shouldn't be anyway, it's a team game), at least the person being attacked can use a little bit of strategy to survive while their team mates try to take it down. Of course, the stunning could be left in but significantly reduced in length, and it wouldn't be possible to do it very often (the Scrake would become used to it?), and of course an animation should be added.

Perhaps the FP could do with something similar?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TW confirmed the FP decap was not a bug in this thread: [URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34231&highlight=Fleshpound[/URL]

If I remember correctly, the thread got out of control, got locked and pruned which deleted the post made by a TW dev confirming that FP decaps were intended gameplay. I'm not the only one that "thinks" they saw a dev post there have been plenty others who've also remembered seeing this post....problem is since that thread was cleaned, we can't quote the post over.

This thread look familiar?
[URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35129&page=6[/URL]

you remember, the one where bejamin and emoticon and a couple other people trolled and flamed for about 6 pages until TW just got tired of their nonsense and locked that as well? Considering the put the screws on that one, it appears they don't have any reason to discuss it anymore :rolleyes:

oh look at that....another FP decap thread started under the bugs forum

TW should just post up their statement again and sticky it so people can finally shut up about it ;)

Upvote 0
you remember, the one where bejamin and emoticon and a couple other people trolled and flamed for about 6 pages
I wasn't trolling (see here for information on the term). I'm just fed up of not knowing whether it's a glitch or a feature, especially since if it is a feature then the logic behind it is very bizarre. People seem to like claiming that TWI stated that it's a feature, but no one ever has any evidence to back this statement up.

Yes, TWI do need to give us an answer on this and perhaps try not to delete it afterwards (or perhaps they deleted it because they decided they might be able to fix it, so they wouldn't have to claim it's a feature?).

Judging by the thread you linked to, it is regarded by TWI as an 'issue', ie. a bug. After all, it's being "looked into", which suggests they didn't initially know about it (which means it wasn't intentional!).

**thread pruned**

We know about this; yes it does exist. It's being looked into.

The End.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well that was the first reply from them, notice that it was edited after the thread got crazy......the TW post was around the middle of the thread

by them saying it's an "issue" i think that is more directed at that topic which was about the ability to decap fps with only a combat knife. the question wasn't "can fp be decapped or is that a bug" but more like "should it be possible for fp to be decapped by a knife". by TW saying "we're looking into it" just means, they are looking into it :eek: perhaps they purposely coded the game to allow for fp to be decapped, but they didn't realize it could be done with a knife.

i personally think that they intended for fp decaps, i just don't think they would have expected that people would actually attack them with combat knives...either way, it's still good for gameplay as a risk/reward tactic. you're walking right up to practically touching the fp for him to bob his head. you miss, you're dead. even if you head, you still could be dead if he "decap rages". but if you're able to get the decap, then it pays off and helps your team.

Upvote 0
by them saying it's an "issue" i think that is more directed at that topic which was about the ability to decap fps with only a combat knife. the question wasn't "can fp be decapped or is that a bug" but more like "should it be possible for fp to be decapped by a knife". by TW saying "we're looking into it" just means, they are looking into it :eek: perhaps they purposely coded the game to allow for fp to be decapped, but they didn't realize it could be done with a knife.
Spreading such baseless and unsupported assumptions can only serve to further confuse matters.

i personally think that they intended for fp decaps
I am amazed that you managed to come to the conclusion that this is intended behavior despite the fact that, even by your own admission, TWI has said nothing regarding it. "Is it intended or not?" is a simple yes/no question, and they have provided neither as a response within the past months.

Upvote 0
I am amazed that you managed to come to the conclusion that this is intended behavior despite the fact that, even by your own admission, TWI has said nothing regarding it. "Is it intended or not?" is a simple yes/no question, and they have provided neither as a response within the past months.

actually yes they have said that its a feature so you're wrong. i'm not going to bother looking up the thread.

it's a feature and they aren't going to get rid of it so I suggest just making a mod that makes heads unable to be shot off or something.

Upvote 0
well honestly I don't care if you people believe me but one of the devs HAS posted in the past (in one of the original fp decap threads around the time of kf's release) that it was indeed a feature. (which is why I stopped posting about it)

so do I want to search through pages of threads and posts just to prove to you people that its a feature so you'll shutup? no i dont. it's not worth my time. you wont shutup about it anyway even if the devs post that its a feature right after this one.

my question is, why do you all care if its a bug/exploit or a feature so much? If it WERE a bug (which its not) then they aren't going to remove it anyway (like they've said they aren't going to remove it many times in the past) so just shutup and live with it. No amount of whining and complaining is going to change anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0