• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Men of War

The missions seems to go from defending to sneaking/stealth type of missions, which means good ones to really boring and clumsy ones. Stealth in this game really doesn't work like it does in Commandos series for example, but still there are a lot of that type of missions. Heres where the jerky controls and poor unit movement really breaks the game.

Micromanaging your troops is really overblown imo. I don't care how realistic it might be, but starting an assault where you have a one full clip with every soldier on your command and have to search for ammunition one by one for everyone is really frustrating and boring. Might be fun for some, but I would rather command my troops rather than control every single one of them to get some ammo from boxes. Some automatic command would be in place, like order them to search for ammo from bodies near the area or something.

I like it overall, but I don't see how it is better than CoH or how this is what CoH should have been. Sure it's slightly more realistic and stupid decisions punishes you little harder than in CoH. But this feels to me like a Commandos mixed with Blitkrieg type of RTS. Actually at times it felt like Commandos 3 and on defence maps like Blitzkrieg. :eek:

Oh and some target priority would be nice in this game. Many times my flak's or arty's were destroyd because they chose to target an enemy behind the wall and not the light vehichle that rams through them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its pretty awesome when you got a couple of guys in a trench, defending against incoming Germans. The guy with the MG gets killed by a sniper, you get one of the riflemen to throw his gun and pick the MG. A German tank suddendly appears, a PTRD soldier takes out his tracks and the crew abandons. You gets several of your guys to run under cover, sneak up and repair the tracks, taking over the tank.
On another point of battle, several soldiers are under attack in a small wooden shack. A tank appears and fires HE shell into the shack which explodes. Most soldiers inside get killed, one of the soldiers comes out burning, holding a satchel charge - he runs to the tank and explodes on it.

In short, game is awesome.

Upvote 0
One element I like in SP is when they implement cool cutscenes depending on your situation on the map. Like on one map you need to defend a huge base, buying time for workers to load equipment on a train. Little by little the Germans take parts of the base, evantually leaving the last defenders on the train station.
When the Germans finally get to the train station, there's a cutscene on how they breach in (Panzer drives threw the wall, defenders get blown away, etc..)

Upvote 0
Hows the multiplayer?

Can be very good or very frustrating.

Good thing is that all trees and buildings on maps are destructible. It looks really good.

Bad thing is the scale. I think its all 1 to 10 compared to real life. (meaning a tiger needs to get within 150 meters instead of 1500 to one shot kill a t-34) This also means the maps are tiny. Wich easily leads to spawnraping.

Battle zones (domination) could have been epic if only the maps and capzones where at least twice the size. I understand that realistic scale is impossible due to performance, but I would have prefered larger maps and less destructible terrain.

You dont have to micromanage every soldier to be succesful in multiplayer. Just the ones you use to ambush tanks. Nothing like a 5 point rifleman taking out a 100 point heavy tank with AT grenade to the engine. :D

You better micromanage your vehicles. Maps are so tiny they will die fast outside of spawn. :(

I would guess most of the fun is in coop. Game has a lot of singleplayer missions that can all be played coop with at least 4 players.
Playing the missions alone is mostly a save-reload fest.

Upvote 0
Can be very good or very frustrating.

Good thing is that all trees and buildings on maps are destructible. It looks really good.

Bad thing is the scale. I think its all 1 to 10 compared to real life. (meaning a tiger needs to get within 150 meters instead of 1500 to one shot kill a t-34) This also means the maps are tiny. Wich easily leads to spawnraping.

Battle zones (domination) could have been epic if only the maps and capzones where at least twice the size. I understand that realistic scale is impossible due to performance, but I would have prefered larger maps and less destructible terrain.

You dont have to micromanage every soldier to be succesful in multiplayer. Just the ones you use to ambush tanks. Nothing like a 5 point rifleman taking out a 100 point heavy tank with AT grenade to the engine. :D

You better micromanage your vehicles. Maps are so tiny they will die fast outside of spawn. :(

I would guess most of the fun is in coop. Game has a lot of singleplayer missions that can all be played coop with at least 4 players.
Playing the missions alone is mostly a save-reload fest.

the series has always been about the destructability

Upvote 0