• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-Marshes

It's essentially the same map, made by the same authors as swamp.

No its not another player came along and got permission to redo and add-in and so forth to make it more like a swamp. Look on the map his name is listed but he also left Kyben in because he did Swamp and felt since he is using it he deserves to keep the original mappers name.

Upvote 0
This is a good map!

Improvement ideas: How about removing the wooden blanks from the upstairs windows? At the moment, upstairs is pretty much useless place. When the front door breaks everyone run outside and boring 'dance with the zombies' begins. If there were some additional reasons to try to hold the house for a longer period the map would be more interesting.

If removing the blanks is too radical, maybe someone could simply place them differently so shooting down would be easier.

Upvote 0
Gregs2k2, great. Thanks for listening.

I appreciate the changes but it is still more tempting to run outside. Why did you remove the planks only from the front? Fix the side, too. There are still planks preventing to shoot to the entrance. Maybe you should leave the upper planks and remove the other ones.

If you think it becomes too easy, think about the people upstairs. They are totally locked there when the entrance breaks and cannot escape. I really like it that way but make it worth to stay there!

Oh, and add the version number, too. Thanks!

Upvote 0
This is a port remember but yea I might get some traders in with this one and with Swamps.

Yeah I realise that, problem is ports aren't going to work as well as they could due to the new features added. From my experience they all need making a bit bigger with extra traders. Obviously with only 1 trader the map should be smaller, but it leads to camping right by the trader, which is what multiple traders was introduced for. :)

So if the time is available all ports could do with some loving to see them reach true potential in retail.

Upvote 0
Gregs2k2, great. Thanks for listening.

I appreciate the changes but it is still more tempting to run outside. Why did you remove the planks only from the front? Fix the side, too. There are still planks preventing to shoot to the entrance. Maybe you should leave the upper planks and remove the other ones.

If you think it becomes too easy, think about the people upstairs. They are totally locked there when the entrance breaks and cannot escape. I really like it that way but make it worth to stay there!

Oh, and add the version number, too. Thanks!

There's a reason I didn't make the changes more drastic. It involves Z behaviour as well as exploits opening up. That's when, for me, it becomes complex and I currently don't have the knowledge to fix the issues that crop up.

Upvote 0
Hi all, Maul here. I downloaded your fixed version of Marshes Greg and I wanted to congratulate you on the work you've done so far.
My friend said I should revamp the maps I learnt on, which will bring me back up to speed to create some fantastic new levels...I have some great ideas and the means to create them.
I want to resume work on Marshes and expand it/add in more Trader rooms/remove bugs myself. I will need your name and the name of the other bloke you mentioned in your first post to add to the massive list of people who have worked on this level.
I'd appreciate it if you didn't release any more versions of Marshes during the meanwhile, since I'll be working on expanding it and editing the paths to help the zeds rape your face easier. I'm not sure if Kyben has a copy of the retail KF. If he has he may not go under the same name, he deserves most of the credit. Anything you or I have added to this level has merely been adding to the initial level 'Swamp'. A good level, but not great.
I'm going to finish what he started, bring it to retail quality.

Upvote 0
Hi all, Maul here. I downloaded your fixed version of Marshes Greg and I wanted to congratulate you on the work you've done so far.
My friend said I should revamp the maps I learnt on, which will bring me back up to speed to create some fantastic new levels...I have some great ideas and the means to create them.
I want to resume work on Marshes and expand it/add in more Trader rooms/remove bugs myself. I will need your name and the name of the other bloke you mentioned in your first post to add to the massive list of people who have worked on this level.
I'd appreciate it if you didn't release any more versions of Marshes during the meanwhile, since I'll be working on expanding it and editing the paths to help the zeds rape your face easier. I'm not sure if Kyben has a copy of the retail KF. If he has he may not go under the same name, he deserves most of the credit. Anything you or I have added to this level has merely been adding to the initial level 'Swamp'. A good level, but not great.
I'm going to finish what he started, bring it to retail quality.

Yes he does own it just he is busy now with his own mod.

Upvote 0