• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

regarding graphics

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
i would say the graphics in the game are fairly well done, shadows are cast, even by flashlights. the post processing effects are there, including rudimentary depth of field effects. so it's definitely not bad. the character models are very well done i thought.

however...

this is not an ultimatum or anything, but a fact that i have to live with...if there is no improvements to the graphics in the form of shaders(which almost every single game after 2006 utilizes), i don't think i'm going to continue playing...which is a shame because i paid 20 bucks for this game and actually do enjoy the gameplay and variety of maps.

i am by no means a graphics freak and i consider crysis level graphics unnecessary. but this is just an important issue for the devs to consider. the lack of such a basic visual feature such as normal maps or at least bump mapping is disheartening to say the least.

i won't be back here until i read a steam update or something stating that killing floor will receive a visual update. it's not for spite, it's just that the game can no longer keep my interesting because instead of feeling like i'm fighting mutants and organic freaks, it feels like i'm battling pixels.

i will now go to play dead space alone. which sucks. i really do enjoy coop type horror games more.

thanks for the great times, i know it's unlikely that shaders will be written into code, so i might never be back. so just in case, good bye everyone.

Graphics are great, stop *****ing only because you missing some shadow's.
The game is just 15$, and look what a wonderful game you get..

The reason i like this game is only because the weapons quality.. show me one game with such a perfect weapons feel, look and power in 15$.. and the time i bought it was 10$.

The graphics is really good.. i just don't understand people :/

Upvote 0
Not entirely sure about DX9 based pixel shaders but I do know that UE2 (UT2003) used shader model 1.4 with 1.1 as a fallback. Given KF is using a much newer engine build it's safe to say it uses at least shader model 1.4 w/ 1.1 as a fallback. I'm not sure how many of you were active in the UT2004 community but you would see evidence of this from time to time on a custom map where a surface was using a shader and a player would report the surface was untextured (because their gpu didn't support the shader version).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i would say the graphics in the game are fairly well done, shadows are cast, even by flashlights. the post processing effects are there, including rudimentary depth of field effects. so it's definitely not bad. the character models are very well done i thought.

however...

this is not an ultimatum or anything, but a fact that i have to live with...if there is no improvements to the graphics in the form of shaders(which almost every single game after 2006 utilizes), i don't think i'm going to continue playing...which is a shame because i paid 20 bucks for this game and actually do enjoy the gameplay and variety of maps.

i am by no means a graphics freak and i consider crysis level graphics unnecessary. but this is just an important issue for the devs to consider. the lack of such a basic visual feature such as normal maps or at least bump mapping is disheartening to say the least.

i won't be back here until i read a steam update or something stating that killing floor will receive a visual update. it's not for spite, it's just that the game can no longer keep my interesting because instead of feeling like i'm fighting mutants and organic freaks, it feels like i'm battling pixels.

i will now go to play dead space alone. which sucks. i really do enjoy coop type horror games more.

thanks for the great times, i know it's unlikely that shaders will be written into code, so i might never be back. so just in case, good bye everyone.

LoL

No, you are not a graphics freak, you are a graphics retard. Bye to you :D

Upvote 0