• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Handheld Tomtom

It'd be interesting. You could have a 'default' version that shows rally points and other players and does nothing else, that all players would start with. And a 'Command' version that shows enemies, players, and items and can actually SET the rally points. Of course, you'd have to buy the Command version (Maybe make it take 0 space, though!). Also, the rally points could be ones such as 'Move To', 'Weld', or 'Hold area' ones, so you can indicate what you want to actually do with that doorway you pointed (Just hold it, don't weld it, moron! Half the team is still outside!).

It'd be cool if a certain weaker class that's supposed to be all about information (*Cough*Commando*Cough*) got the 'Command' version for free. It'd give them a new role: Setting up rally points and spotting ammo/items for the team!

Upvote 0
hmmm i like this idea even if it is ripping of the map screen in RO ;P although i would much rather a small tom tom in the corner of my screen showing my teamates and a relay beacon indicating where the shop is rather than that fugly *** arrow >.> or better yet a small arc at the top of the screen showing your comrades and the shop. each player will have a small version of there steam display picture as there icon on the arc HUD and the shop will have an icon also and they will become more faded the farther the player or shop is \way from you...this in my eyes would be awesome.....then again it would also be awesome IF TWI TOOK SOME ****ING TIME OUT TO MAKE THE HUD MENUS SERVER BROWSER AND THE GUI IN GENERAL A **** LOAD MORE USER FREINDLY ATTRACTIVE AND FITTING FOR THE THEME OF THE GAME...MS PAINT,RED BOXES WILL NOT SUFFICE!!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES MUST WE MOAN AT YOU TO MAKE THE HUD AND MENIS ECT LOOK NCE!IT WOULDNT EVEN TAKE THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
hmmm i like this idea even if it is ripping of the map screen in RO ;P although i would much rather a small tom tom in the corner of my screen showing my teamates and a relay beacon indicating where the shop is rather than that fugly *** arrow >.> or better yet a small arc at the top of the screen showing your comrades and the shop. each player will have a small version of there steam display picture as there icon on the arc HUD and the shop will have an icon also and they will become more faded the farther the player or shop is \way from you...this in my eyes would be awesome.....then again it would also be awesome IF TWI TOOK SOME ****ING TIME OUT TO MAKE THE HUD MENUS SERVER BROWSER AND THE GUI IN GENERAL A **** LOAD MORE USER FREINDLY ATTRACTIVE AND FITTING FOR THE THEME OF THE GAME...MS PAINT,RED BOXES WILL NOT SUFFICE!!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES MUST WE MOAN AT YOU TO MAKE THE HUD AND MENIS ECT LOOK NCE!IT WOULDNT EVEN TAKE THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translation to English is requested.
The idea is brilliant, good work. :cool:

Upvote 0

Some UI tweaking and enhancement would be nice, I agree.
What it comes to a GPS unit, I think it shouldn't be visible all the time. I'd prefer it to be a hold-down key which would only give a general layout of the map and show the locations of the player, the trader and his teammates. Maybe give us a compass to make it easier to navigate / co-ordinate fire. "A fleshpound coming from southeast! Enraged! Nuke it down! *the team turns around and manages to dispatch it without casualties*" rather than "Uhm, a fleshpound coming from... Uh... I dunno, looks like a house... OMFGWTFBBQ IT ENRAGED KEEL IIT!!!! *The whole team is looking around frantically and manage to spot it only to realise it has already reched them and killed half of the team*".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there should be some handheld device indeed.
But something that's optional/buyable from shop.

KF's new inventory system is total crap so it's really hard to pick an appropiate weapon even now. Adding another 'forced' item would make it worse.

If it really goes throught, maybe integrate shop location in tomtom and remove the dumb arrow on screen?

Upvote 0
I'm still asking for this. It's such a pain trying to coordinate defence with out a directional pointer. Even a rusty comapss would do.

Typical Wyre conversation

"Yeh guys I'll take this direction in front of the tree"
"Me too"
"What my tree?"
"No my tree near the log"
"Which log?
"The one near the tree"
GUSONE is killed by the Fleshpound.
"Jesus"

Upvote 0