• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

i hope we dont have to pay for dlc

I'd rather TWI spent the time with the Unreal 3.0 engine than spend too much time on KF as much as I enjoy playing KF every night. I think the community is more than capable to keep the maps coming. And since it only needs 6 people for a full group if you run your own server you are guaranteed to be playing this game 6 months from now even if there we no further updates for TWI.

Bring on KF2: Heroes of Killing FLoor!

That said I'll pay $5 for dual Bullpups. I need 1300 stalkers to level 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm this is very worrying, as surely anything free would merely be put into an update. implying they have plans to release DLC with a price tag, or possibly some content that would be conscidered optional o_O i dont know but i would be greatly disapointed in tripwire if they made us pay for extra DLC conscidering there long lasting support of red orchestra with free content patches and bug fixes. then again it would depend on the content, of course i would like it for free but i understand that tripwire are a small company and id much rather pay for DLC and keep them afloat rather than watch them go bankrupt...they need money like anyone else. If the DLC had a nice shiny new user interface (better menus, HUD, serverbrowser,ect), new monsters/bosses, new weapons, and maps i would happily pay another

Upvote 0
To quote me from steam forums:

Somethings are in the works guys. We have a few patches lined up and on the way. Among these will include all of the usual goodies some of the RO players have come to expect of Tripwire (maps, and OTHER things, won't say what yet).

As to the DLC tab and why it is there now I'm sure there will be news on this shortly.

Upvote 0
To quote me from steam forums:

Somethings are in the works guys. We have a few patches lined up and on the way. Among these will include all of the usual goodies some of the RO players have come to expect of Tripwire (maps, and OTHER things, won't say what yet).

As to the DLC tab and why it is there now I'm sure there will be news on this shortly.

Anything from the suggestion board? :)

Upvote 0
maybe the DLC is like a $10 addon SP campaign? you can play as one of the 6 ppl as you attempt to save england from the zombehs. sounds possible to me

This is, to me, the most likely thing to happen concerning paid-for DLC. It won't impede the main game itself ( as they would be singleplayer maps and not intended for multiplayer ), but offer content that people who wanted it could get.

Even more so because one of the previous versions of KF had that SP mode to get the player somewhat familiar with the game, and it was pretty neat. Although Solo mode somewhat defeats that now, it would make sense considering it was in a previous version of the game and TWI has fairly well kept the game faithful to its roots.

As long as we don't get something like Trader Armor for the game, I'm relatively fine with whatever comes via DLC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The SP campaign thing sounds plausible, KF was supposed to have one back in the mod days, though it never amounted to much, so i could definately see TWI wanting to make it, and perhabs charge a little bit for it, and such a thing would be an optional extra, not something people must have to play online, so it's not unthinkable by any means.
But i just don't see them charging money for normal patches and content updates, that's just so far removed from their buisness model, infact it's the exact opposite of what they wanted to do with RO, and the RO model was a big success, so why on earth would they throw that away?

But they could also be using this DLC section for the upcomming mapping contest, it would be a very smart way for them to make the contestant maps avalible for download and evaluation (without forcing people to download them all which the current patch system would do), very similar to what Epic does with their MSUC, just using Steam to host the files instead of something terribad like Fileplanet.

Upvote 0
One of these days I'll understand why people feel that there should never, ever be anything they should need to pay for. But that they should keep getting high quality, intense content for free.

Where the money is supposed to come from for developers to eat, sleep indoors, and indulge in the odd bit of play themselves, Hades only knows. It must be sheer Developer Magic(tm).

You know what? If TWI wants to sell me some keen well-tested maps and new gameplay modes? I'm in. I want them to keep making stuff for my pleasure. Keeping them fed and living indoors does wonders for that.

Upvote 0
You know what? If TWI wants to sell me some keen well-tested maps and new gameplay modes? I'm in. I want them to keep making stuff for my pleasure. Keeping them fed and living indoors does wonders for that.

you make them sound like they are a bunch of developers living in a cardboard box scrounging up games for us. they need money yes, but i seriously doubt they'd stray away from their usual trend of making awesome stuff for us for free. it separates them apart from other developers like valve (L4D2 anyone? yah. not free to people who bought the first. and you KNOW they make a hell of a lot more money then TWI already)

Upvote 0