• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why Stalingrad?

Maybe to add more variety besides the normal Russia-Normandy-Germany 1942 - 1945 lineup that goes with almost every shooter out there?

Granted, it isn't as glamorous or epic to get rolled by armoured formations in the Ardennes, but it would be quite welcome change to try, even though we run to the main issue that game like that would not possibly sell too well because lack of Americans or Russians.

Upvote 0
Personally i would like to see a france 1939-1940, Incorporating the Saar Offensive, Battle of France, Battle for the low countries. The Italian invasion through the alps and maybe go as far to include the Norwegian campaign.
Although for business this would be risky, because even though its NEVER been done before, not sure how many of the o so profitable COD:WAW people will buy it (OMG TH3RS NO PTRS SNIPPER RIFFLE).

Odd point about COD:WAW at this reenactment yesterday there was a PTRS, 90% of kids went up to it and called it a Sniper rifle, COD:WAW is melting the minds of kids.

Upvote 0
Personally i would like to see a france 1939-1940, Incorporating the Saar Offensive, Battle of France, Battle for the low countries. The Italian invasion through the alps and maybe go as far to include the Norwegian campaign....

I have to admit, this definitely would be really interesting. Maybe someone might decide on a mod for this?

Upvote 0
Personally i would like to see a france 1939-1940, Incorporating the Saar Offensive, Battle of France, Battle for the low countries. The Italian invasion through the alps and maybe go as far to include the Norwegian campaign.
Although for business this would be risky, because even though its NEVER been done before, not sure how many of the o so profitable COD:WAW people will buy it (OMG TH3RS NO PTRS SNIPPER RIFFLE).

Odd point about COD:WAW at this reenactment yesterday there was a PTRS, 90% of kids went up to it and called it a Sniper rifle, COD:WAW is melting the minds of kids.

:eek:

i think in sp they focus on stalingrad and in mp they do some good early and late war maps!

Upvote 0
Would you rather them portray DDay for the five thousandth time? Stalingrad has nothing on the Western front.

Actually there was a battle in the western front that was more brutal than Stalingrad...That was the fights in the streets of Arnhem during Operation Market Garden. There where some German Stalingrad veterans in that fight and in the end they thought this fight was more brutal than what happened in Stalingrad. In the end when ammo was out they had to fight man to man with just their fists or knifes.Till now Market Garden also has been in games a couple of times but also never been shown how it was. Too bad we are going back in action in Russia. But i don't mind :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually there was a battle in the western front that was more brutal than Stalingrad...That was the fights in the streets of Arnhem during Operation Market Garden. There where some German Stalingrad veterans in that fight and in the end they thought this fight was more brutal than what happened in Stalingrad. In the end when ammo was out they had to fight man to man with just their fists or knifes.Till now Market Garden also has been in games a couple of times but also never been shown how it was. Too bad we are going back in action in Russia. But i don't mind :D.
I am SO GLAD we are not going to western front. DH is handling that just fine... it's not like the market is flooded with eastern front shooters :p.

Upvote 0

Agreed. Only real issue I can find is the lack of americans or russians and people don't give a **** :p

:D:D

Upvote 0
Actually there was a battle in the western front that was more brutal than Stalingrad...That was the fights in the streets of Arnhem during Operation Market Garden.

I disagree on that. How can you compare 30,000 casualties to the nearly two million+ casualties in Stalingrad. Market Garden was only 9 days but still two million is a huge number. All war is brutal and loss of life is horrible.

Upvote 0
Most movies and games have shown how the US Army saved Europe and won the war... the importance of the Eastern Front has been greatly overlooked. Stalingrad was in many ways the turning point of the war... and also, I believe that the Eastern Front still has a lot to offer to the gaming community. I personally look forward to more combat in Stalingrad :)

So yeah the british played no park in the war obiously and the americans odne it single handedly with the russians british were not involved..

Upvote 0
the main battle factions were usa russia germany and japan

the rest was ...participator
China?
Thats the most under represented theatre in WWII video game history, that and soth east asia in general. Considering its potential for a good game, and the chance for the industry to call such a game "fresh" I don't really understand why there hasnt been one yet. The only game i can think of that touches this area is IL2, and maybe a level in moh: rising sun.

Upvote 0
well if any spielberg wannabe decides to make a random hyped china ww2 movie ala SPR, then im sure that china mods and games will grow like mushrooms on cowdung. untill then it aint gonna happen, it needs to be made cool first.

i think the stalingrad theme is a good one, historical accuracy nerds like us think it hasn't been properly done yet. and mainsteam retards probably know what stalingrad is through movies and think it's awesome.
though one city seems quite narrow for a theatre, and many lesser known battles could have offered a more varied environment. but they wouldn't have appealed to a large audience.

Upvote 0
the only downside to the whole western theater and DH is that the planned Steam release (of January 2009) has still not happened. the problem with the current mods is that they didnt really add any members to the overall RO community, it's just RO players that decide to play a mod of RO instead of RO. can't play the mods without owning RO:OST ;)

that's why i wished that RO:2 would have intergrated all the great work done by the CC, MN and DH teams so that there could be multiple fronts all in one game. think COD, but just waaaay better because it is RO!!!!

Upvote 0
the only downside to the whole western theater and DH is that the planned Steam release (of January 2009) has still not happened. the problem with the current mods is that they didnt really add any members to the overall RO community, it's just RO players that decide to play a mod of RO instead of RO. can't play the mods without owning RO:OST ;)

that's why i wished that RO:2 would have intergrated all the great work done by the CC, MN and DH teams so that there could be multiple fronts all in one game. think COD, but just waaaay better because it is RO!!!!

DH Steam release...Maybe you should check their website/forums:D

But oh, yes, wouldn't that be grand?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the problem with the current mods is that they didnt really add any members to the overall RO community, it's just RO players that decide to play a mod of RO instead of RO. can't play the mods without owning RO:OST ;)
actually a large part of those that play DH, have never ever played RO. theres entire clans that switched over from other games

Upvote 0