• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Windows KF Dedicated Server Tutorial

Few questions as I set up servers on my new dedi:

1. why is the admins & groups tab greyed out in the webadmin
2. if I close the CMD window, does it shut down the server?
3. Say I wanna run another game servers, do I just create a new folder and do everything all over again?
4. What's needs to be done to use same IP for more than 1 server? (I know about the ports, asking about the IP itself where do I set/force it?)

Thanks

Upvote 0
Few questions as I set up servers on my new dedi:

1. why is the admins & groups tab greyed out in the webadmin
2. if I close the CMD window, does it shut down the server?
3. Say I wanna run another game servers, do I just create a new folder and do everything all over again?
4. What's needs to be done to use same IP for more than 1 server? (I know about the ports, asking about the IP itself where do I set/force it?)

Thanks

1-Idk i guess its just based on UT webadmin but not yet fully enabled
2- Yes definitely
3- yes, increment ports tho (by 100)
4- add multihome=SERVER_IP_HERE to your command line

Upvote 0
ive tryed to follow your instruction on how to put custom maps on a dedicated server but im stuck at step 2. my custom maps file are in ".ut2" insted of ".rom" so does it is the same thing or not and euh how do we name the ".dat" file. does i had to name it map or something specific or not and how to execute the ".dat" ??? please contact me on xfire ciarabella thx for help

If you haven't made a .bat file before simply open a Notepad file and add the command line. Save your file as compress.bat and select 'Save as type: All Files'.

Double click the .bat file and it will initiate the compression of the selected map.

Upvote 0
ok i can now do step 2: i cant do it on my dedicated server because of the ftp i cant exec a dat file so i had to found my maps folder in my kf folder on my computer and exec it from my system folder... all the **** because of the ftp XD

btw for the dat files ive copied one of the system folder and re edited it with your cmd and name

Upvote 0
another problem now with trying to add another server:
increased the ports by 3 as stated, edited the killingfloor.ini and opened the ports in my firewall - but when i run the launcher bat file it writes few lines very quickly and then close the CMD window?

Thanks.

Edit: This is the error I am getting when trying to launch the second server:
See attachment.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
another problem now with trying to add another server:
increased the ports by 3 as stated, edited the killingfloor.ini and opened the ports in my firewall - but when i run the launcher bat file it writes few lines very quickly and then close the CMD window?

Thanks.

Edit: This is the error I am getting when trying to launch the second server:
See attachment.

Increment ports by 100 and not 3 just to make sure.
Check that your ports are properly incremented in the .ini
Use hldsupdatetool to get fresh server files.
there should be no problem if you start it all over from a clean and fresh set of files.

Upvote 0
Just did another fresh install, ports +100, same thing :mad:

in the killingfloor.ini i only edit the game port and the webadmin port right?

looks like i am doing it all right yet it doesn't work.

I just did a fresh install for my 2nd server but I am having the same problem as you. I edited KillingFloor.ini to change game port to 7807 and webadmin port to 8085. I've changed the ports to increment 100 for the game and master server ports on my router.

Just out of curiosity what router are you using? I am using a D-Link DIR-655 with firmware v1.31NA.

Upvote 0
You also need to update the gamespy port in the very end of the ini or have it disabled or else all instances will try to bind the same port for gamespy.. There is something like "OldQueryPort" = 7717 or smth in the very end of the ini. Increment that with 100 too. One of my linux servers also crashed when I forgot to change it when setting the server up..

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlex
Upvote 0
You also need to update the gamespy port in the very end of the ini or have it disabled or else all instances will try to bind the same port for gamespy.. There is something like "OldQueryPort" = 7717 or smth in the very end of the ini. Increment that with 100 too. One of my linux servers also crashed when I forgot to change it when setting the server up..

thanks!

1 more thing -

when I add 2 of my servers now to gametracker.com (same ip different port), it recognizes it as the same server - i probably entered the wrong query when it asked.
what would be the query for the second server? (100 difference between 1st and 2nd server)

Upvote 0
thanks!

1 more thing -

when I add 2 of my servers now to gametracker.com (same ip different port), it recognizes it as the same server - i probably entered the wrong query when it asked.
what would be the query for the second server? (100 difference between 1st and 2nd server)

I think I read somewhere here that the query port is game port +1, it's hardcoded so you can just increment like the other ports. i.e. game port is set to 7707 than the query port has to be 7708.

Upvote 0

Thanks for finding that. In my case I didn't have to edit this port number because it changed automatically. I'll add this point to the tutorial for other users to be aware of.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0