• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More weapons added

fOgGy

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006
Personally I'd love to see the weapons that were never included in ROO appear in ROHOS -

Here's a small list -
  • C96 Mauser "Broomhandle"
  • Nagant Revolver
  • Rifle Grenades
  • Mauser 712 "Schnellfeuer"
  • FG42
  • Flamethrowers
  • Geballte Ladung
  • Anti-Personnel Mines e.g. Bouncing Betty
  • Molotov Cocktails
  • Panzerschrek
  • PM M1910 Heavy Machine Gun
  • Mortars

Last edited:
The schreck is post-early 1943 so would not appear in HoS IIRC; and there were no fallschirmjaeger in Stalingrad.

The FG42 does appear in DH, though :D

Magnetic mines and the ampulomet could conceivably feature, though, and factory militia could also have a variety of civil war guns and shotties.

I've also got a picture of a Russian LMG crew on the Don steppes firing a captured Breda modello 30.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
German SMGs, yes!

I'd love to see an MP28/II in action, what is there more awesome than an SMG with bayonet? :)

Flamethrowers?
Awesome! I've been thinking about them also. This is a good idea this reminds me of the movie Stalingrad (1993) where the Germans are clearing out with a Flammenwerfer M35 in the sewer of Stalingrad.
Hopefully we'll see our enemies running around as screaming human torches before they fall on the ground burning to death.

The FG 42 was developed during 1942 but it first reached frontlines in summer 1943, so "no" for Stalingrad.

But what you could see one of the very very rare MkBH 42, this is a very early type of the Sturmgewehr 44, it was tested on Eastern Front in late 1942, as far as I know. I'm not sure if there was a box of them who made their way along Operation Blue to Stalingrad. Would be nice to compete the PPSh 41.
But I'd day let's give the PPSh a 35 round mag and some higher recoil.
The MP40 needs less instead. When firing an MP40 you're asking yourself if it's a real one. It acutally has no recoil. Ostfront's MP40 has too much! :)

Bouncing Betty? Please not it yet destroys gameplay in Call of Duty 5 to the fullest. Please spare that beast out.

C96 and Nagant Revolver? I guess I remember right the Mod (RO V3.3) had that. The C96 was awesome but the Nagant 1895 was just crap, took to long to reload, small magazine. Nah didn't like it.

The_Emperor

Upvote 0
Personally I'd love to see the weapons that were never included in ROO appear in ROHOS -

Here's a small list -
  • C96 Mauser "Broomhandle"
  • Nagant Revolver
  • Rifle Grenades
  • Mauser 712 "Schnellfeuer"
  • FG42
  • Flamethrowers
  • Geballte Ladung
  • Anti-Personnel Mines e.g. Bouncing Betty
  • Molotov Cocktails
  • Panzerschrek
  • PM M1910 Heavy Machine Gun
  • Mortars

I'm hoping they include all commonly used weapons and have all of them modelled and animated accurately. Especially with the semi-autos.

We need the semi-autos to be able to be both stripper clip and mag loaded in the game.

The weapons don't have to be in any of the maps, but mappers should be able to allow the weapons to be opened up in new ones.

Upvote 0
I'm hoping they include all commonly used weapons and have all of them modelled and animated accurately. Especially with the semi-autos.

We need the semi-autos to be able to be both stripper clip and mag loaded in the game.

The weapons don't have to be in any of the maps, but mappers should be able to allow the weapons to be opened up in new ones.

The chances of an animator getting paid for something that will not appear directly in the game are fairly remote, I would say.

Upvote 0
The chances of an animator getting paid for something that will not appear directly in the game are fairly remote, I would say.
Well I guess that Tripwire could release an expansion pack that would add the weapons and maps that would use them in the future.

For now, I'd like to see the basics done right. SVT-40s and G43s having a realistic combat load instead of 6 mags. It should be 1 mag in the gun, 2 mags in the pouch, and a K98 clip pouch, which would have 6 stripper clips.

You would use up your mags first, then you'd start loading from the clips. Would even out the fact that the G43 was nerfed compared to the G41 because the G43 loaded reasonably fast and the G41 didn't.

Also, all three rifles need to have last shot bolt-hold-opens, the SMGs have to be open-bolt, and the DP28 needs to be accurate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The MP34

The MP34

To draft back on another German SMG, the MP34.

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg77-e.htm[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP34[/URL]

And some pictures:

[url]http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/MP34_2.htm[/URL]

I don't really care which one is included, but I heavily wished to have either the MP28 or MP34 due to it's bayonet ability since the early stages of the RO Mod.

I can't imagine anything better than having the ability to lay down heavy fire and if this is not enough to give your enemy a fierce punch of steel :)

Concerning the animation, please dear Tripwire animators do not let the MP28/II or the MP34 held like the Sten, it looks simply bad to me and it's bad for weapon balance, cause you don't hold the weapon at it's center of gravity.

The_Emperor

Upvote 0
I don't know how they could implement the M1910, since it was a big thing on wheels that required a crew to not just serve it, but transport it. You can't just throw it up over your shoulder and run away with it, unless you were a professional body builder before the war and even then it wouldn't be good for your back. It would neat if the player had to pull it behind him and it slowed him down significantly, but I can imagine maneuvering through tight spots to become irritating and glitchy.

Image:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
The_Emperor said:
To draft back on another German SMG, the MP34.
What?! Hey its my job to bring up the Mp-34 its one of my favorite smgs-lol, yeah the Mp-34 or Mp-28/II would be nice since they put in these "early types" to get more smgs into service since the Mp-38/40 production was not meeting demand. The Mp-34 is a better choice than the Mp-28 because it was much more widely used in German service. I would also suggest the Mp-41 (R) 9mm Ppsh-41 converison ( barrel was replaced) with 32 round clip (mp-40 clip) that would also add the "captured" weapon element without having a clone to the orignial weapon, it has its own characteristics due to the German modfications.
1347176_4641fdc039ae6.jpg

Bluehawk said:
You can't just throw it up over your shoulder and run away with it,
You can lug it around if not run with it in WW1 they have various pictures (was well as ww2 for the Soviets anyway) of soldiers with the Maxim or similar strapped to their backs on the march looks painful but it is possible. In any case I would like to see the old Maxim 1910 added for the Soviets it was their most common machine gun of the war. I dislike the Dp-28 filling this role its too overmodeled as the "main soviet machine gun" (should be a weapon that pops up every now and then) if I remember correctly it was some what rareish especially in comparison with 1910 production not to metion it unsuitable because of its disk (complicated reload) ammo mag rather than belted ammuntion like the Maxim 1910 and later the SG-43 which could keep up much better much more effective continuous fire ( since it was less interruptable from reload).

Last edited:
Upvote 0