• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More weapons added

Personally I'd love to see the weapons that were never included in ROO appear in ROHOS -

Here's a small list -
  • C96 Mauser "Broomhandle"
  • Nagant Revolver
  • Rifle Grenades
  • Mauser 712 "Schnellfeuer"
  • FG42
  • Flamethrowers
  • Geballte Ladung
  • Anti-Personnel Mines e.g. Bouncing Betty
  • Molotov Cocktails
  • Panzerschrek
  • PM M1910 Heavy Machine Gun
  • Mortars

This would be awesome to see in ROHOS woot Flamethrowing fields and mortars bombarding Tank placements! Woot! :D

Upvote 0
Swords- Shashka

Swords- Shashka

There were some swords used in WWII. For example the Soviet Union's Shashka. The only time swords might be used in is a charge similar to the bayonet but could have a block mechanic as well. Maybe it could be a powerful weapon and could only be unlocked at a certain rank or kill number. Also a fierce close combat weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want inbetween.

G-41: Yes C-96:No

Why no to the C-96? It was used in fairly large numbers left over from WWI. It's not the Chinese machine-pistol version, if you're thinking about that.

Now if you want to add a REALLY cool pistol that was used in some numbers by the Germans, then they should put in the Browing Hi-Power. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know for a fact that the C96 is going to be featured in ROS, but it would also be a nice feature if you could have the option to fit a shoulder stock on the handle for better accuracy, longer distance bullet travel, less recoil or even stronger melee attacks ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never heard of the C-96 being issued to anyone in WW2, AFAIK it was a privately carried sidearm. I could be wrong though, even though, my main fear is every damn soldier running around with the bloody thing, it wasn't THAT common.

Yeah, that's the problem with allowing people to choose thier weapons. While it's nice to have a wide variety, you end up with some wacky a-historical stuff. Like lots of Soviet SMGers carrying the PPD-40, and likewise Germans using the wooden-stocked MP-41, which was hardly used at all.

What might be better, if slightly frustrating to some players, is to HAVE weapon variety, but remove the free selection process? For example, you choose the MG class as a German. You might have a 70% chance of being iissed a MG-42, and a 30% for the MG-34. Likewise with the pistols, you, you might spawn with any of the varieties, and the chane you get X pistol type would reflect the historical availability. When you spawn, you might get a message on your screen that "You have been issued (insert weapon)", so you know what you start out with.

Honestly, the weapons in a class are more or less similar, they all go bang and kill someone, so I don't know if in practice it would REALLY be that frustrating for people.

Upvote 0
i dont think there were any fg42s in stalingrad, im NO history buff but fg42s were for german paratroopers and i dont think there were any paratroopers in stalingrad. i also doubt that there were any rifle nades in stalingrad but im not basing that off of anything but my opinion so i could be wrong. i really like the idea of moltov cocktails and flamethrowers which im pretty sure where in stalingrad (which i also have no idea). thatd be fun to see and play around with especially for all those pyros out there like me, but i just hope that if its included it wont "mimick" cod waw too much. sorry to bring cod waw up in the first place when comparing to RO hos :(.

Upvote 0
OK why do I have this very strong sensation that the C96 was put into RO? I could swear that they put it in with the MP41! What other game could I be thinking of...maybe I'm insane. I can't find any maps with it but I remember using it and it being an option...or was that in the mod? I barely played the mod so the two might be running together in my head.

Upvote 0
OK why do I have this very strong sensation that the C96 was put into RO? I could swear that they put it in with the MP41! What other game could I be thinking of...maybe I'm insane. I can't find any maps with it but I remember using it and it being an option...or was that in the mod? I barely played the mod so the two might be running together in my head.

The mod had SS units. They carried the C96. Also the MP41 was in the mod. Basicly an MP40 with wooden stock. But I believe they were mainly used by Military police, so it's debatable weter that was/is realistic or not. :)

Upvote 0
The mod had SS units. They carried the C96. Also the MP41 was in the mod. Basicly an MP40 with wooden stock. But I believe they were mainly used by Military police, so it's debatable weter that was/is realistic or not. :)

Rather than having the MP41 they could use other earlier variants such as the MP18 or MP34, both smgs were issued to the German Army and Waffen SS units.

Upvote 0