• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Menu Background

Tommo120

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Hey!
I couldn't help but notice that the background in the menu is actually a map. So this made me want to make my own background, because personally I'm not too keen on the current one. Now I have taken a look at the already existing background map and to be entirely honest I haven't got a clue what I should put in my own map to make it work as a background.

So I decided to ask here and hope someone knows!
Thanks in advance :D

EDIT: I uploaded my map for my friend and I thought I might as well stick it on here too for anyone that wants it.

Download!

To install it, just back up KF-Menu.rom in the Maps folder and copy the new one into there.

Last edited:
Well I have successfully changed the background!
killingfloor20090516063.jpg

I can't say I have tried going online yet though so I shall check that now and see what happens.

EDIT: Played an online game and had no troubles, just to let you know :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am afraid there is no short explanation which will help you to change the menu backround but I doubt it will work anyway because of anti cheat protection.

So if you modify the menu you won't be able to connect to servers anymore.

It won't be affected by the anti-cheat protection. You basically just replace the map that the menu uses, and since it isn't used online it doesn't affect it in any way. If you for example replaced one of the official maps, like KF-Farm, you would get a version mismatch and not be able to connect. That's basically it.

Upvote 0
I am afraid there is no short explanation which will help you to change the menu backround but I doubt it will work anyway because of anti cheat protection.

So if you modify the menu you won't be able to connect to servers anymore.

Anti cheat protection is not checking everything i believe, people are allowed to use custom skins etc as well i believe.

Upvote 0