• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual Deagles in the game?!

It would also be unrealistic to be fighting zombie creatures but its called a video game dude. They can give u dual deagles if they want to just thank them for actually allowing you to dual wield such a bad *** handgun.
Yes, but no one would be caught dead putting dual wielding snipers into a game, realistic or not. I have not fired a deagle nor do I have a vast knowledge on gun, so, based on my limited knowledge, I assumed dual wielding them would break your wrists (so something similar). Obviously, I was wrong.

Sanzliot said:
unrealistic? pah

Awesome vid!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually the Deagle is a gas operated Hand cannon and therefore will not even have the kick back that a spring operated 9mm will have, so technically if You could afford 2 Deagles and the ammo to go with it then they could be double handed

It has more kick than a 9mm. Way more.

Upvote 0
Yes, but no one would be caught dead putting dual wielding snipers into a game, realistic or not. I have not fired a deagle nor do I have a vast knowledge on gun, so, based on my limited knowledge, I assumed dual wielding them would break your wrists (so something similar). Obviously, I was wrong.

Awesome vid!

Does anyone remember goldeneye for N64? you could dual wield rocket launchers if you wanted to...oh yes, and sniper rifles. And I'm [retty sure that game was pretty successful so...

Upvote 0
Actually the Deagle is a gas operated Hand cannon and therefore will not even have the kick back that a spring operated 9mm will have, so technically if You could afford 2 Deagles and the ammo to go with it then they could be double handed

I think you have some concepts confused there, yes the DE has a dampened blowback system, but it has very little to do with recoil, it's there because if the slide was allowed to blow back at full speed, it would destroy itself quite fast, this is what doomed the old .44 "Automag" pistols (you might remember it from several Charles Bronson flicks), they had no delay feature, and the slide or frame of thouse pistols would crack after a while due to metal fatigue, the movement of the slide was just too violent on them, and that's what they set out to fix on the DE.

Basically, it does nothing to dampen the recoil created by shooting, all of thouse forces are still very much there, but it does remove some of the muzzle climb, since the slide is not moving as fast on the DE as it is on most pistols, you don't get as much of that "whiplash" effect of the slide coming to a sudden stop when blowing back, this means the recoil feels different on the DE as opposed to most pistols, it feels smoother which might trick you into thinking there is less recoil than there is, but there isen't, it'll generate allmost the same recoil as a Revolver in the same caliber and barrel leangth (but the feel of the two would be rather different).

This damper system is both why the DE works, without it the DE would have suffered the same fate as the Automag, but also one of the many reasons the gun is so notoriously unreliable, and has so many stowpipe and fouling issues, and will only work well with the best and most expensive ammo.

Upvote 0
I think you have some concepts confused there, yes the DE has a dampened blowback system, but it has very little to do with recoil, it's there because if the slide was allowed to blow back at full speed, it would destroy itself quite fast, this is what doomed the old .44 "Automag" pistols (you might remember it from several Charles Bronson flicks), they had no delay feature, and the slide or frame of thouse pistols would crack after a while due to metal fatigue, the movement of the slide was just too violent on them, and that's what they set out to fix on the DE.

Basically, it does nothing to dampen the recoil created by shooting, all of thouse forces are still very much there, but it does remove some of the muzzle climb, since the slide is not moving as fast on the DE as it is on most pistols, you don't get as much of that "whiplash" effect of the slide coming to a sudden stop when blowing back, this means the recoil feels different on the DE as opposed to most pistols, it feels smoother which might trick you into thinking there is less recoil than there is, but there isen't, it'll generate allmost the same recoil as a Revolver in the same caliber and barrel leangth (but the feel of the two would be rather different).

This damper system is both why the DE works, without it the DE would have suffered the same fate as the Automag, but also one of the many reasons the gun is so notoriously unreliable, and has so many stowpipe and fouling issues, and will only work well with the best and most expensive ammo.
You are quite right sir, but My way was just alot quicker;):)
Also I think the .44 Auto Mag was used in one of the later Dirty Harry films

Upvote 0