• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Killzone 2

Play's delivery service has declined lately.
Up until the middle of last year delivery times were spot on (France 3/5 working days).
They used to be sent from Jersey, now its some where in Old Blighty.
Thanks, Royal Mail...
The last couple of orders have taken 3 weeks or so.

Check out Amazon UK, me thinks.
Problem with amazon.co.uk is that they add some kind of extra VAT which usually makes the games more expensive than from play.com for me(though still cheaper than what the games in our stores cost), and tbh. for most games I can really wait.

Upvote 0
Got the game on my way home from work today and just got done playing for a few hours. Single player campaign is great so far! But man...you have to play Warzone for multiplayer. Hands-down best game mode ever in an online game. It begins as a capture and hold style game with the teams fighting over locations in the maps, but then dynamically throws in other objectives and missions into the game at different times. It will throw in an assassination mission (assassinate or defend a designated target), search and destroy objectives (place or defend/diffuse bombs on a target), body count (get more kills than the other team for a certain amount of time), and other objectives. It's just awesome, but the match can last for 30 minutes or so.

Graphics are amazing, but the gameplay is solid. My only complaint is the controls. There seems to be some lag (~100ms) between pushing a button on the controller and the action happening on-screen. Other people are confirming this as well (see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQSGjrKbGfs)

From what I've read, they are denying it is a problem. But I definately notice it, especially in fast-moving multiplayer when you move the stick to aim and it's delayed, it's very difficult to hit people.

Upvote 0
From what I've read, they are denying it is a problem. But I definately notice it, especially in fast-moving multiplayer when you move the stick to aim and it's delayed, it's very difficult to hit people.
It's very similar in Far Cry Instincts and Evolution on the original xbox. Unfortunately it seems like even the majority of players don't notice it (the game is chock-full of auto-aim anyway) or don't want to notice it so the devs seem to deem it better to not alert others of this issue by acknowledging it.
As long as it is like that for everyone though... No one has an unfair advantage and it can even be called a feature if push comes to shove. Like simulation of the weight of equipment.:p

Upvote 0
Yeah this really takes "next-gen brown to extreme"
People said that about Gears of WAr, and it was pretty true. But my god.. this is even worse! Gears had some green, blue, red, here and there. Killzone is like.. completely freaking brown with some green tint here and there, and the red eyes! Wtf?!
And there is hardly any contrast. Just dark on dark.

And then there is how it LOOKS like a game that belongs on PC.. ughh.
And I love how it's realistic looking but in the future. I hate WW2 games with the exception of RO. I hate modern games, though ArmA2 looks pretty nice. I would love to have a realistic future based game.. Having the realism, but the nice variety of weapons and other things future would make posible for gameplay. But it's a POS console FPS.

What the hell is the point in shooting people when the game auto-aims for you and all you have to do is pull the trigger?! I don't see where the skill is involved.
If Halo3 were on PC, I'd hate it, because it doesn't compare to a good PC FPS. It's so well-suited to console in it's design, though, that it's good as a console FPS. I think it's the only FPS that works better on console than it would on a PC(well, if it were on pc it'd need tons of changes). And even with the autoaim Halo does take some skill, but of course not the same as Quake or UT. Killzone2 looks like it belongs on PC, like every other FPS. I haven't played Killzone2, but it looks like that from the videos. :/

When you just have instant-hit weapons, and auto aim, what is the point? Where is the divider in skill.. how you move? Not like you move around really fast to dodge bullets. At least in Halo3 very many of the guns are projectiles, so you must lead people, and there is the melee, grenades, deployables, and map stuff(like shields over entrances that block bullets but not people). Killzone2 looks like.. just get crosshair near someone so it'll autoaim and pull trigger. On PC that's not as bad, since you have to actually aim. :\

Plus if it were on PC someone could make an awesome "non-brown mod".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, there is some quite bashing here. And even from those who haven't played it?

I've played the demo so far and I think it's quite awesome. The controls were spot on for me, no lag at all but slight acceleration. It's easy to get used to. The weapons have a feel for them which makes them enjoyable to operate. KZ2 is a game that is trying to be semi-realistic in the future after all. If you're having extreme lag issues, it is more likely something to do with your PS3-TV connection.

I haven't noticed ANY auto-aim at all(singleplayer). Maybe it's there, but it's very very slight. It feels manual. As for multiplayer there are some exploits that enables people to use Auto-Aim, but it's been fixed with the last patch. It's pure manual aiming now.

For the colors, it may annoy some I agree. But they have a setting in the future, and Helghast is a barren planet with harsh weather. That's the game universe and there's nothing you can do about it :) There are some "colorful" levels but on the whole it's greyish.

What's all this hate? D: I think it's probably the best console FPS out there in market. I couldn't stand Halo3 for 5 minutes(too childish), yet this one is really interesting to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've had people try to argue with me to no end that Halo doesn't have autoaim either, just because they don't notice it.
Basically every console game sense halo1 has had autoaim with the exception of the new Turok(which got based in reviews for not having it lmao..)

I'm not crazy about Halo3 either, I like my PC FPS's, but Halo is the only one that feels actually made specifically for console.

KZ2 belongs on PC. If it where on PC, I might like it. But it won't be because it's published by sony.

Upvote 0
I love it, the new patch fixes alot of issues in multi, and they say they are working to add more control options to multi as well now.
Glad someone else likes it as much as me. I play at least a couple games a night.

As for auto-aim, all console shooters have it but it doesn't lock on to the target forever, it just briefly and will lock onto a target for a split second. It's almost unnoticeable, if you didn't know it existed. It won't do the aiming for you at all.

Yeah, the weapons feel heavy and that is something I like, you actually feel like you're wearing 100lbs of gear (compounded by the heavy gravity of Helghan). It's not everyone's cup of tea, everyone on the forums is basically asking for the devs to turn the game into CoD4 in space. It's ****ing annoying. The game is different and is great and if people don't like it, they don't have to play it. :)

Upvote 0