• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Causus Belli new mod recuits

there is no point trying to get a new mod going when truth be known there are probably a few too many already as it stands now - and particularly as 1 aims to acheive similar things as you wish to see.

If you are not aware Mare Nostrum is the joining of 2 mods based on either side of the mediterrain - 'Burning sands' and 'campagna Italia'

If you've tried it you'll know the western desert part is already released - if not completed - and as far as I was aware, UK and US forces in Italy were planned for future, if not other theaters you mention as well.

If your serious and have something to contribute asides from ideas (3d/2d , coding ani etc.) then you could do a lot worse than to contact the marenostrum team - suggestions are all well and good but remember typically it's ability to do the hard work that gives ppl the right to see their ideas realised. If you can't do anything technical or do have the time to learn you could always join the forums and participate there.

Italy is a brilliant theatre to add to the game - like N. africa it's very distinct from the origional game and will also feel origional and fresh- much like RO mod did when it arrived.
It would lend itself to CA and inf combat nicely - complimenting the tanking in the open western desert rather well i think.

Upvote 0
more like north west afrika. mare nostrum (which is latin and means "our sea" if i'm not wrong, but you are the expert on latin here) focusses on the war around the mediterranean sea and they started with the african theatre. maps that portray battles that took place in southern europe (italy for example) are in the works right now and i dont know if they will focus on greece, too.

Upvote 0
One of the old CBS "Victory At Sea" episodes (the show was similar to newsreels made during WWII but made in 1958, I think, and each were about 22-24 minutes long) covers South America during WWII, and I think they mentioned U.S. Navy ships docked in various South American ports, and they talked about Brazil and F.D.R.'s Good Neighbor Policy with South America.

"Victory At Sea" is obviously very old, and there is some treatment of the Japanese verging on racism in it, but the series covered a lot of WWII geographical theaters that don't get a lot of focus in popular TV and movies.

There was a good episode on American submarines in the Pacific, for instance.

There was also some great film footage of some of the victory celebrations in the U.S. in the final episode, like at the San Francisco Bridge.

The show was not an in depth study of WWII (it is nothing like the 1970s British history series "World At War"), but it has some interesting film footage and is entertaining to watch.

If you're a WWII fanatic, you should watch it sometime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0