• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

I didn't doubt that you couldn't get the registered hit sounds with the Tommy. However, he didn't kill him or destroy the tank.

First of all, the kills show up. As you can see, someone does indeed die by a thompson, but the name of the person driving the tank is different from the person who actually died. If you look even closer, you'd notice the person's name is still hovering over the tank, indicating of course that he's still alive.

I doubt the thompson was doing much if any damage, and more so it was the grenade he tossed, amongst anything else it may have sustained while he was behind cover. After all, tanks in CoD3 definitely could be taken out by grenades (sad but true).

I don't think we could go as far to say that we can take them out PURELY by gunfire though. If we can, then by all means, it's gone even further downhill than CoD3. Not that it'd be surprising, with ACOG and red dot on WWII weapons.

Dude, just like the helis in COD4 (which can be brought down by small arms irl) the hit indication sound confirms you are damaging your target, giving you the incentive to keep shooting!

I bet it probably takes about 3 full clips to destroy the thing. Besides there are more awful things about the game-play then just that!!

Upvote 0
Here I was thinking that game designers could not stoop any lower and descend into absolute absurd stupidity - man was I wrong..The greed for money combined with the MTV brainwashed gamedesigners and the fact that finally the game studios have begun to employ those who grew up on the first crappy low brow first person shooters is manifesting itself in the shape of WAW...
The decline of the Western Civilisation is really showing now and the stupification and creation of ignorance in our children will be the victory of robber capitalism at its worst and will lead our once advanced culture to ruin.

Falsification of history by using nervegas in a WW2 shooter is beyond ridiculous, it is criminal and in my opinion the game designers and the people at the game studio responsible for this travesty of a game should be executed for perverting history and subverting society.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alterntively they hired some historical assistants so they could decide that "ok **** it guys, let's do this game entirely odd and illogical AD\HD heaven with dogs, plastic tanks, modern eguipment in ww2 theme and also with superior ninjacommandos. And let's call it Call of Duty for great sell figures"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well clearly no expert on WW2 was invited! :rolleyes:
Wait.. what? are you trying to tell me that having Trijicon Red-dot sights in the 1940's is an accurate portrail of history, just because some product tells you it had a "technical advisor" attached to the project?

Please tell me that the sarcasm smilie does not mean that, but that you are also having a laugh at them.

Upvote 0
Wait.. what? are you trying to tell me that having Trijicon Red-dot sights in the 1940's is an accurate portrail of history, just because some product tells you it had a "technical advisor" attached to the project?

Please tell me that the sarcasm smilie does not mean that, but that you are also having a laugh at them.
WTF are you talking about?? He's saying that because the game is grossly historically inaccurate, it's apparent that there was no historical adviser present at the multiplayer meeting!

It's a joke, and it's true because this game is full of more bull**** than a dairy farm.

Upvote 0