• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms HH E3 trailer

new preview

http://www.oxmonline.com/article/previews/a-f/brothers-arms-hell’s-highway

Though our head-on approach got us quickly killed, Pitchford notes that you will be able to play the final game with a run-and-gun style if you choose — “much more than [you could] in the other Brothers in Arms games.” Gearbox is still tuning the game’s difficulty, and at the moment, it’s balanced for squad-style tactics but not run-and-gun tactics. Pity for us…

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i really enjoyed the first game on my PC, despite the overly sentimental american BS :D

This looks like it could be great, I love the red screen mechanic for alerting you to being exposed, so you need to find cover, and the gfx look very tasty. I'll probaby be getting this on my 360 though, as I doubt much of my friends will be buying it on PC.

Upvote 0
The only thing I absolutely detested about previous Brothers in Arms games is how all the action is so very "Cookie cutter" in its approach.

Oh no! There is a German MG behind that sandbag bunker! Oh gee, it looks like there is a very very conveniently placed bush to the left and right of it, with nifty little dip-shapes in the top that are the perfect height to fire over! Hmm, should I flank? Sure! That's all I really have to do in war -- just keep flanking! It's the only tactic real soldiers ever used! Gee I love realism!

If the sarcasm wasn't painful in that paragraph, then you need to play BIA again, and try to tell me it's not true.

If this upcoming game can be much much more open-ended, with a slightly more sandbox approach to things, it will have my money. Even despite all the gimmicky "red screen" crap.

Upvote 0
"Nobody warned me, in order to get my men home, I had to lead them through hell."

Pfft what the hell was Normandy then, a fanciful waltz under cherry blossoms?

I dont think it's meant like that.
I think it's because Normandy was a strategic success and Market Garden was not, and that's what he's talking about: they are losing, and losing is allways hell ;)

Anyways, that last part seemed really great, a soldier going ballistic and charging a German with a knife ^^
Not over the top hollywood bull**** (imo) but just a soldier losing his mind in battle, seems ****ing epic :) Cant wait.

EDIT: Woo, i see the releasedate is set to the 8th of August right now. That means it's 3 days after my birthday and i'll have the money to get it on release day <3

Last edited:
Upvote 0