• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] RO run in Task manager/Processes-Wont launch

Petrus66

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
As said, after starting the game either from Steam or from desktop shortcut nothing happens.

"Preparing to launch Red Orchestra" comes up but after that screen the game wont fire up.

I can find from Windows Task Manager that RedOrchestra.exe*32 is up and running but doesnt proceed further than that. Nothing game related is not starting or fashing on the screen. No error messages, nothing...

Nothing is changed is my system since I last time played RO 24 hours ago.

I tried to launch Day of Defeat from Steam and that launched without problems.

Any ideas?

I'm also having this problem.

Nothing has been changed on my computer, there is no reason for this to not work. There has however, been a steam update. I'm not sure if that is related, but it is the only thing that has changed since I last ran RO.

Any of the obvious fixes do not work:
Like deleting clientregistry.blob
Reinstall RO
Verify game cache
Praying & Holy Water

Upvote 0
Be sure if thats the case to remove ro/steam from all virusscanner and firewall allowed settings and programs like that. And then adding it again to those firewalls (programs tend to think things are completely new programs when you update them occasionally) etc. Some software is blocking ro from starting up (most likely some protection software).

Upvote 0
Be sure if thats the case to remove ro/steam from all virusscanner and firewall allowed settings and programs like that. And then adding it again to those firewalls (programs tend to think things are completely new programs when you update them occasionally) etc. Some software is blocking ro from starting up (most likely some protection software).

Nope, still doesn't work. Turned off all virus protection and disabled firewalls.

Upvote 0
even though it can be cumbersome can you try contacting steam support for a bit. Make clear note that you did delete the clientregistry.blob in a try, and that you can run the game by starting it by the exe not through steam. If its not software thats blocking something, its probably steam ****ing something up.

Say it's not so! The dreaded steam support. :(

Upvote 0
Just make sure you clearly tell them that RO runs without steam, and that you tried deleting the blob and all drivers etc are up to date. And that all ports on the firewalls are open.

Or you have a big chance for an automated message. If they tell you how to fix it plz post if its a solution in here too. (temporarily you can try installing a fresh copy of steam (just backup your old steam stuff in a folder in case it doesn't fix it) And uninstall steam and install the latest version. You never know might fix it.

Upvote 0
So I submitted a ticket the other day.

Guy told me to do a complete reinstall of everything, Steam, RO, etc.

Did it, and the problem still occurs, with fresh everything. I replied to the ticket, but it's looking grim.

I've been trying to think of anything I've installed that might cause a problem, and I honestly can't think of any. I don't run a firewall on my computer most of the time, and I'm not on a router. Anti-virus/spyware are completely disabled. I'm all out of ideas.

Upvote 0
Something that I don't recommend lightly...
Go get CrapCleaner.

Uninstall everything Steam/RO, preferably by hand.
Run the sweep tool, (you will loose your login password cookies) and then run the Issues Tool.

Cookies can be saved the next time you log in here or other sites that you frequent.

If you are working on WM files or Photoshop make sure you untick the Cleaner options.

It has helped more than one in the past...

Upvote 0