• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Problems with update

We have own root servers and no one will running longer as one day. (since last update)

Then no one can connect.

Its not funny to reset the servers each day.

I have installed a complete fresh installation of RO, and they do the same thing,
same problem with Mare Nostrum. Its not a server problem, its a software failure !!!

Please help, or i will shutdown the RO Servers....

Who is your server company? Contact them, explain the issue. Sounds like they need to make sure the update is current.

Upvote 0
Every Morning same procedure. Starting the PC try to connect to the server, open putty, shutdown server and then restart.

Its not a funny time. Hello Trip and steam please help us to get back a slack period.
RO is our hobby but it startet to become a work status.

Completely right, i

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you two that are having issues getting your server to run (Stern and Daniel) to post in this thread. This thread pertains to a different issue than the one you are having (an issue that is already fixed). Additionally, it will be far more helpful if you post the specs for your server machine, OS, etc, so we can try and help you debug your issues. Also, try and keep it constructive, being abrasive will not get you much help.

Upvote 0
oh wait it were others that derailed this thread, sorry :p. But the thing still remains the update didn't try to fix your issue.

Can you post a full log file from the server (ucc.log in the server system folder). That will give me some more info.

Anyway its probably a firewall issue, since the masterserver changed to a different one with who knows what ports, ill update this post when i find some info on what ports it could be using.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe try the following I looked around a bit for other steam games to get an idea of what ports are needed. Slightly edited someones post with a bit wider port range, of where people say the masterservers of steam are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't block anything outbound (UDP or TCP). For incoming you need

27000 -> 27020 UDP (and possibly others mess around with making the range bigger, original post said 27009 to 27014) and your server port on UDP, with only your server port set to port forwarding. You also need to allow any established TCP/IP connection packets back in.

You only need this list if you have setup special firewall rules, the
default rules for SOHO routers/firewalls will let a server work once you
enable port forwarding (or you could just make use of the DMZ feature).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How do I get a new log file?

Mine is from back in 2006 and says windows XP, but I switched it over to Vista a long time ago...
Log: Log file open, 10/24/06 20:20:44
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Sep 11 2006 12:31:39
Init: Command line:
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: F:\ROOST\system\
Init: Ini:RedOrchestra.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: =======================================
Log: ucc.exe: UnrealOS execution environment
Log: Copyright 2001 Epic Games Inc
Log: =======================================
Log:
Log: Use "ucc help" for help
Exit: Preparing to exit.
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Unbound to Core.dll
Log: Garbage: objects: 60->0; refs: 0
Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 0 MByte 364 KByte 594 Bytes from HD took 0.003000 seconds (0.003000 reading, 0.000000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.003000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 10/24/06 20:20:44
EDIT: I checked and I am using the default ports, so I shouldn't need to change them at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's blank. =S

Things get written to the serverlog upon mapchange and the log file get cleared upon server start. So change your map in webadmin and it should write some info in it.

If it fails to connect to the master server (and being a port issue most likely) it should show something about that in the log. although this thing might actually mean the same and be the message that will pop up "MasterServerUpLink: MasterServerGameStats not found - stats uploading disabled"

If you have the ability for a moment for the sake of testing to run your server in a DMZ'ish mode then plz do so as it should makes narrowing down the issue easier if it still doesn't work in DMZ mode ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0