• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many People use the GeForce 8 Series?

Nvidia are aware of this problem and are working on a driver fix for it. I'll keep you all posted on when it is released (we're testing an internal version of the fix now).
i know its a driver problem and not your guys fault, but NV have known about this *issue* for like over a year now. have you seen the thousand page thread at guru3d regarding UT 2004 lol.

the internal version of the fix you speak of, is it a driver NV sent you or something you guys came up with in house?

Upvote 0
Ive had the 8800GTS g92 512 variant & ive never had any weird problems like this. With ATI however its another story, glitchy rendering, slowdowns when i get close to a wall (magnification of the textures i presumed)

However the 8800 gts 512 is actually a 9 series (a 9800 is just two of these cards) so im not sure if the problem is related to the 640/320mb version.

Upvote 0
Well then I'm happy for you Mr Moe.
But this is not something I have made up.
It is a Nvidia driver problem and it affects people with the 8xxx and 9xxx series cards and WinXP.

I read in your previous post that you have, but don't use SLI with RO.
But perhaps it has a positive influence on your system anyway? I don't know.
I've seen posts by others with SLI setups saying they don't suffer from the stutter bug.
Try running RO with only 1 of the cards installed and see if it makes a difference.
If your still bug free, then am sure quite many would be happy to know everything about your system ;)

You can read from this thread that several people including me have tried the 174.74 driver report its not fixed.
But some say the driver performance is better.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=23904&st=980

RO is just 1 out of many games that suffer from the bug more or less.
I can play RO fine for most parts but indoor environments in general are not so good.
Danzig is perhaps the worst map and this is why I always test new drivers there.

Ramm-Jaeger.. Can you tell us a bit more about what you're testing.
Will it be necessary for Tripwire to make adjustments to RO?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NP, just commenting that I myself don't have the problem. Information is a key in helping determine a problem's solution and we don't want to just make a blanket statement saying it affects ALL systems. Which ones it doesn't and why could help determine a solution.

(On a side note, my NVIDIA problem is that for some reason I and a few others must do a restart in order to enable SLI when I/we shouldn't have to. Very annoying, so you see I am not without problems myself :( It of course is unrelated to the above problem being discussed)

Upvote 0
Nvidia are aware of this problem and are working on a driver fix for it. I'll keep you all posted on when it is released (we're testing an internal version of the fix now).

Its almost a month since your post Mr President.

I know i'm impatient, in fact so impatient that I was looking into buying Vista the day before I read your post. Vista isn't cheap and I really don't want it. But if that's what it takes to get RO silky smooth again, i'll buy it :(

Upvote 0
Ahhhrg there's too many stutttttering maps and its killing the fun of playing RO.

:mad:
i was having SLI issues with Medal of Honor Airborne so i took one of my cards out, and i had stuttering with RO. so yesterday i put my second 8800 back in, installed 174.74 beta. i fired up RO went straight to Danzig, and to my supprise its didnt stutter? freakin weird eh ...

Upvote 0
Yes that's wierd I've read a few posts about SLI mode working well with RO even though they use the same stutter cards we have problem with.

I had to let the 174.74 driver go, it was perhaps one of the better drivers i've tried with RO.
It still had the stutter problem but I could crank up the AA etc to max.
But the 174.74 driver crashed with many other games.
I tried 3 other drivers, all f.... up. So now I'm back to 169.21 witch is at least stable.

I f..... hate it :mad:

Upvote 0
Im really getting annoyed by the 88-stuttering. Strange thing that it is only happening in certain areas on certain maps (Danzig-Shops, Kessel-AssemblyHall), but it reached a point where it really effects my gameplay, especially on clan-matches....Ive tried several differant drivers and several differant settings (AA, AF, etc etc), nothing worked. I just wonder when I

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Vista introduced a range of new and worse problems than the stutter bug from nvidia, so now i'm back to WinXP
pinch.gif

Tripwire:
If you have beta drivers that works? Can you please let us test them too.

Waiting for Nvidia and MS to put a "Good to Go" sticker on them can take a while :eek:

Upvote 0