• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Pavlov's House

Would there be anyway to have the Russians trigger a pile of furniture to show up in the stairwell, and once triggered, only a German sapper could blow it up?

Or if the first floor is capped, a pile of furniture magically appears in the stairwell that then needs a satchel to clear?

Well I can think of one in-elegant method of doing this but I dont think I really want to. never thought about it till now would be cool though. I just dont really want to introduce sappers into my map.

Upvote 0
A couple of things I can suggest for the building itself mostly from what I already know and from looking at the Soviet Field Fortifications book:

1) Block some of the windows with sandbags, especially those on the first floor so Germans can't jump in or rape the defenders with grenades.
2) Cut out some small firing slits so players can lay on the floor and fire out of them as well.
3) I can't see from the picture but is there any basement windows? I think there should be, even if you want to block them with sandbags or something.
4) I also can't tell whether there is trenches/tunnels between the two Houses and between PH and the Mill. There should be I think.

More, higher quality pics might help me with some of my questions.

Upvote 0
A couple of things I can suggest for the building itself mostly from what I already know and from looking at the Soviet Field Fortifications book:

1) Block some of the windows with sandbags, especially those on the first floor so Germans can't jump in or rape the defenders with grenades.
2) Cut out some small firing slits so players can lay on the floor and fire out of them as well.
3) I can't see from the picture but is there any basement windows? I think there should be, even if you want to block them with sandbags or something.
4) I also can't tell whether there is trenches/tunnels between the two Houses and between PH and the Mill. There should be I think.

More, higher quality pics might help me with some of my questions.

Still working on it I found some errors over the weekend but also had family come in to town unexpectedly so I didnt get much work time Hope to have it this week.
1) yes but didnt fill up the windows probably the bottom half and not all the way around either
2) did some but thought it might make it really easy for the Russians if there were a lot of mouse holes.

3) There are no basement windows really there 4 exits from the basement since this is the main reinforcement route could make for shooting fish in a barrel situation so I decided not to open that up much.
4)definitely trenches not between ZOBS and Pavs though didnt find any history on that if you do find that I can probably put it in.

Thinking about making the roof slick to walk on not impossible but slick I think that this can be done any thoughts on that?

Upvote 0