• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This worthless game broke my steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago, I got the retarded idea to buy this game. Upon purchase the download took about 8 hours to complete, on and off over the course of 2 days.But this is not unusal as I often get very slow game downloads, when the game was finaly done, I went on it and went to practice mode, the bots were way to easy even when set to party fanatic.
So I decided to try and play online, but when i selcted a server the game crashed the pc and I had to reboot. Then the game refused to start up so I had to reinstall it which took a further two days.
Then when that was finally done, i went on again and tried to play multiplayer again and it crashed the pc AGAIN. Except this time, on reboot, steam didn't start up when I turned on the pc, and whenever I clicked
on its icon Windows installer came up, I checked my computer and all the files were there, the program just wouldn't start up. I rebooted several times but to no avail. This means that i will have to reinstall steam
and all my games which will take at least a week, all because of this ****ty little game. This never happened with any of my other games on steam, its just RD that ****ed it up, and I am really angry.
I don't think I can get my money back, but rest assured I will never purchase a Tripwire game again. :mad:

Geez you should have checked here first or asked if your cant be arsed searching chances your problem would have been fixed in five minutes, try some of the simple fixes if your still interested.
Btw this game was never meant to be played with bots they're pretty much target practice.

Upvote 0
Did you try reinstalling the Steam launcher ?
Did you try deleting your client registry blob file?
Have you checked for Steam client updates ?

You have got off on the wrong foot it seems.
Try posting your system specs and what not.

Keep your tail between your legs and you might get some help!

This is an unusual problem and very rare.
The game works, Steam works, I would say at a long shot the fix will be found on your side...

Come back if you've got the balls.

Upvote 0
Did you try reinstalling the Steam launcher ?
Did you try deleting your client registry blob file?
Have you checked for Steam client updates ?

You have got off on the wrong foot it seems.
Try posting your system specs and what not.

Keep your tail between your legs and you might get some help!

This is an unusual problem and very rare.
The game works, Steam works, I would say at a long shot the fix will be found on your side...

Come back if you've got the balls.

Thanks for trying to help but Its too late I've reinstalled steam, also can a moderator lock this thread so the entire community and their mothers and stop flamin' me, i undertsand that the thread is perhaps a bit...angry, but in my defence this game has caused me and will cause me a lot of trouble (not to mention how condescending the community is on a whole) thanks and bye

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.