• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

connection failed

Im under the same impression, it seems to have started with the last patch.

Also, it seems to me that I get the these disconnects only at the beginning of a gaming session. I might lose connection 2-3 times within the first 10min or so, afterwards I can play for 3 hours straight without any disconnects...:confused:

Further, there might be days when I get no disconnection at all....:rolleyes:

Disconnects often happen for me in the beginning too, considering that the patch came together with steam friends it might be a bug in there when its trying to send out the info of the server where you're at. (For devs notice i don't use the steam friends overlay). But later during a game they happen too and more than before but indeed the worst is the first mins.

Upvote 0
I've gotten this for quite a while now - same for pretty much everyone else in my clan. But why bother complaining? It's not like anyone is gonna fix it. Tripwire is working hard (or was that hardly working) on their next game.

Also could be a Steam issue since many people have the same thing happen in TF2.

Upvote 0
Might be a steam friends issue.

But looking at sneidy's post the problem is not known with the dev so gathering lots of different users with the same issue can show that the issue exists for a wide variety of users. Even if it ain't TWI's fault if they find out about the issues and acknowledge it they can push it forward to the steam crew.

Worth a try ;)

Upvote 0
This is such an old and dead issue, and I'm with Deeival on this one. I have had connection fail problems ever since I got Ostfront, and I bought Ostfront a week after it was released. This issue will never get solved IMHO, but tips are useful anyways. :p

I get it at least once a day, and if I get it more than that, just close and restart steam and it shouldn't do it anymore. The only time it is a real problem is when you are on a horrible server. I believe server settings are the sole reason for this error; as well as playing in oversea servers. Their are some servers I have been on, and you will see people just drop like flies and come back. Make sure you have your server tweaked, running on a proper machine, not running more slots than the server can hold and less players will get the issue on that server.

Upvote 0
There was one who mentioned it happend when he was a top scorer, and that could be the reason it never happend to me :D (yet as I've noticed, but I havn't played that much lately)

So wow there you say something, i am almost all the time at the top :)

But it is a steam problem. I want to yell it!!! STEAM PROBLEM

Got it also with chatting in the steamchatroom.

Upvote 0
This is such an old and dead issue, and I'm with Deeival on this one. I have had connection fail problems ever since I got Ostfront, and I bought Ostfront a week after it was released. This issue will never get solved IMHO, but tips are useful anyways. :p

I get it at least once a day, and if I get it more than that, just close and restart steam and it shouldn't do it anymore. The only time it is a real problem is when you are on a horrible server. I believe server settings are the sole reason for this error; as well as playing in oversea servers. Their are some servers I have been on, and you will see people just drop like flies and come back. Make sure you have your server tweaked, running on a proper machine, not running more slots than the server can hold and less players will get the issue on that server.

it even happens on servers with 30 ping and a handful of people on it...

Upvote 0